GloMinerals Pressed Base

4.2

Mica, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Zinc Stearate, Boron Nitride, Zinc Oxide (CI 77947), Nylon – 12, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopherol, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Retinyl Palmitate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Caprylyl Glycol, Isopentyldiol, Water (Aqua), MAY CONTAIN (+/-): Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288), Carmine (CI 75470)

on 6/26/2015 7:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

makes my skin look beautiful ( i have very bad acne and scars) this covers it completely and beautiful colors to match the skin tone

on 4/27/2015 8:43:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Wish I could like this foundation more :(
I overall totally loved the coverage, I did choose a shade a little too light for me and i REALLY didn't like the smell, i would always hold my breathe, but it was ok to deal with because the coverage was worth it.
I have had problem skin for sooooo long now and i've tried an insane amount of different things to keep the whiteheads and blackheads under control. I was just getting sort of comfortable with how my skin was looking until i started using this foundation and now I have whiteheads/blackheads all over my cheeks and chin, spreading to my ears too.
I never had issues with my cheeks and chin area until now and it's really SHIT BECAUSE THE LITTLE LUMPS ARE ONLY SPREADING NOW. So devo this had to happen, it must of been a few of the ingredients.
I feel bad to give it a bad review because it was good, it just didn't agree with my face.

on 4/21/2015 7:40:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I never really got into the mineral makeup hype. We sell Jane Iredale where I work and it never interested me...I guess it was the lackluster packaging and the fact that it's mostly worn by older ladies. However, one of my school instructors got a GloMinerals account and she ordered me the pressed powder in natural light. She wanted me to see how I liked it and she would just use it as a tester if I didn't like it. Well guess what...I really like it. It's a perfect match for my neutral, fair skin. Trust me, I have a hard time finding powder foundations that aren't too pink for me (HATE IT). This covers imperfections really well, is very buildable, and has a nice finish. I'm really oily in my t-zone and the reason I didn't give this 5 lippies is because I still have to touch this up after a few hours, it doesn't keep me matte at all.. I do love that it has zinc oxide in it though so I don't have to apply a separate sunblock. I wish all makeup had that. I love that it's good for your skin though and I get many compliments on how nice my skin looks when I wear this, so I'm pretty sure I'll repurchase.

on 4/4/2015 8:08:00 PM

I am a makeup artist and tend to lean towards high end makeup. I was hesitant to use this on my clients let alone myself since it wasn't a main steam brand. However after bringing it into my kit and using it myself I can say it's my every day base. I have combo skin, dry on the cheeks/chin and oily in the upper t-zone. The finish is satin and looks extremely natural. I find it doesn't draw attention to my dry spots and it helps with my oily t-zone. I do use a finish spry with this and I find that really helps it look like skin. The finish can be sheer to full. I would suggest this to anyone, and I do. Lastly this blows it's competition out of the water.

My HG foundation. I have VERY sensitive skin and never once has this bothered me. It can be light or full coverage and is perfect for my oily skin!

on 2/14/2015 9:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

I think I like Chanel powder more, but this mineral/vitamin powder is worth it because my skin refuses to stay cool and be pretty. If you put like a nice bronzer over it you won't have cake face which is the only downfall this product has besides the packaging which has a little mirror in it. You have to throw the mirror away every time you get a new powder lol.

on 1/26/2015 8:20:00 PM

This is seriously a HG product! Hands down the best pressed powder out there! I don't need to wear any liquid foundation, as it gives plenty of coverage & makes my complexion appear perfect. Yes, the price is up there, but it's completely justified - it saves me from buying liquid foundation, & a little goes a long way with virtually no touch ups required, so the compact lasts much longer than any other powder I've used. Also - please make sure to check the official glominerals website for a list of unauthorized retailers of their products (including amazon!)...they explain they're likely selling fake or expired products. I found a site w/ a 20% off coupon code, but before I purchased , I emailed glominerals customer service to confirm this site was an authorized retailer. They emailed me back the same day confirming they were! The only possible complaint I have, is the included sponge is worthless. Apply with a brush for perfect results :).

on 1/3/2015 5:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Oh my gosh. I would never have gone near a powder foundation, but I have really oily acne prone and whitehead prone skin and decided it was worth trying anything to clear it up. This had really good reviews for oily and acne prone skin, and now I know why! I was skeptical about the coverage for a order but wow, you can go almost full coverage with this and nothing underneath!
Comes in a great compact with a mirror so you can do touch ups during the day (I only need to touch up once at work for an 8 hour day).
Very mattifying but not drying, and good colour selection. For extra full coverage you can use with a liquid foundation underneath. A fantastic product that I will definitely repurchase.

on 12/8/2014 3:50:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The only compact I truly loved was the Bobbi Brown Illuminating powder (which they for some reason, dumb, discontinued) so I went and tried the new formula (which is more expensive and sucks) and many many other compacts including the most expensive name brands. Nothing worked, I was beyond disappointed, then I found Glo-minerals. It doesn't perform as amazing as the illuminating bobbi brown compact, buy by for it is the best compact I've found. It is really good for your skin also. Does not crease, does not cake up and look gross when you reapply through out the day. It's weird at first to be honest when you first apply it, too dry and powdery looking, but after an hour when your natural oils set in it looks good. It is recommended by dermatologists also and doesn't make me break out because they process it 3x's more then bare minerals so its very fine and doesn't clog pores, unfortunately because of this oil control isn't amazing as I would love it to be. Good olive tones also.

I do love this powder! It matches my skin perfectly and gives great "natural" coverage. ;) The only reason I may not rebuy it would be because it's expensive ($44?) and I am about to go through nursing school. I have a feeling I'll try something else because it's cheaper and come back to this because it's the best. For the record, I have been using the same compact for 4 months, and there is quite a bit left still!