July 31, 2014 | 2016 users online

Powder - GloMinerals - Pressed Base

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2014 8:01:00 AM More reviews by mpeck2222

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love Glominerals pressed powder. It looks like my skin, but better. Every time I try another foundation, I keep going back to this because most foundations separate, look heavy & unnatural, or wear off pretty quickly on me. It has never broken me out or caused any irritation. I have also tried Jane Iredale's pressed powder foundation, but I found it to be chalky and not as smooth as this powder. I always get compliments on my skin (not my makeup) when I wear this and it lasts throughout the day. I live in Orlando, Fl which is probably one of the hottest and most humid cities in the country and this powder lasts on me throughout the day. I usually have to powder my nose once during the day depending on if I'm mostly inside or outside, but that is way better than other foundations that I have tried. I normally have oily/combination skin with slight rosacea and I use retin a so I have some flaky/dry spots and this works beautifully on me. I was matched to natural medium. I am light-light/medium skin tone that is neutral that leans slightly golden with some surface redness.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2014 11:46:00 AM More reviews by rachelsxoxo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'll get the drawback out of the way first, which is that I have to get it at my dermatologist office (an hour away) or order it, whereas there's a Lise Watier one that I like almost as much that I can get 5 min away from me.

That said, this powder is AMAZING. My aesthetician told me that wearing this powder is actually better for you than wearing nothing at all, since it protects your skin from the sun (there's titanium dioxide) and conditions it(vitamins A.C), and my skin really attests to that, as it's less red and irritated looking ,even w/o makeup on.

I used to wear full coverage liquid or cream foundation, thinking powder was not for me, but this powder gives me the best, most natural coverage I've ever had. I swirl it around my face w/ a kabuki brush and then pat it on with a sponge on the areas I need it most (I have some acne rosacea on my cheeks), and it makes my skin look *almost*flawless (hopefully my IPLs I'm getting will help with that). It's not drying, or chalky, and doesn't highlight any creases or lines, as it typical with many powders. It just gives you an amazing, satin finish that lasts all day. I have bought this powder 3 times, which is saying something bc I typically don't even finish a product before trying to find something better for my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2014 9:54:00 PM More reviews by cozworth

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is AWESOME!!!

The product applies like a dream. it is not streaky or cakey. It does not sink into pores or lines. The coverage is build-able. Once applied it is just slightly shy of full matte.

With every other foundation I have used I couldn't go more than 2 hours (often not 1 hour) without feeling the need to blot. I have worn this for 4 hours and do not need to blot yet. This may not sound like much to most of you but you ladies out there with extremely oily skin know what I am talking about. I suspect 90% of the population would never need to blot. Also, it hasn't started sliding off my face. Nor has the color turned a funny orange.

I also want to comment that there are a lot of color choices for this foundation so everyone should be able to find a good match. The only down side is that it cannot be purchased anywhere near me so I had to buy it online. I used the color chart with pictures of women to show what would be the correct color for that person. It really helped and I feel that I got the right color. I paid $28 on Amazon, which is double what I am used to paying for a foundation. However, what I will save on blotting papers makes this a bargain!

I used no moisturizer before putting it on but I did use a primer. I did not need a loose powder to set it. And the color and texture is remarkably natural.

I am extremely encouraged because when the warm weather ends and the humidity goes away I should be able to use this with an oil free moisturizer.

The only thing that I will say that is remotely negative is that this type of powder foundation is not kind to flaky skin. If you have a problem with that get it under control before using this product.

This is the only foundation I have found that has managed my oily skin problem. The fact that is also desirable in every other way is just a bonus.

Seriously people, this is my holy grail. I strongly recommend it!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/6/2014 3:10:00 AM More reviews by Cemblee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to love this product. I've been using Shiseido. I went to a dermatologist and the esthitician recommended GloMinerals. When she put it on, I noticed a tingling around my nose, but it was just temporary. I loved the coverage of this product.

After using it for 3 days, my face was on fire! That's when I did an internet search and realized that their products contain "pharmaceutical grade Bismuth Oxychloride" in their products. Had I known, I would never had purchased this.

It took a week for my face to calm down.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/16/2014 6:06:00 AM More reviews by mioche

DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS RUBBISH!!

I have been using mineral makeup for years. I'm a devotee of Jane Iredale but ran out of my foundation and felt like trying something new. WHAT A WASTE OF MONEY!!!

I was colour matched in salon to a colour exactly the same as what I wear in JI - (satin). the Glominerals looks like chalk on my skin. It wears off after 1-2hours. All the redness shows through, covers NOTHING, actually makes my skin look so much worse. I look awful. It's really cakey, drying and then my skin gets so oily. Doesn't control oil at all.

What absolute rubbish. I'm going back to Jane Iredale as that is the best mineral makeup hands down!!! I'm selling this on ebay. Crap foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2014 10:34:00 AM More reviews by TexasTracy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm new to mineral makeup so I don't have a lot to compare this to. I go through phases where I love my liquid makeup but find that if the coverage is there then it's too unnatural and heavy looking for me. I decided to switch back to powder and, after I had bought and used glominerals camoflauge concealer, I thought I'd try their mineral makeup. I really like this makeup. It feels light in comparison to Mac's Studio Fix Powder Plus and the coverage is good. It doesn't turn into a grease slick within a couple of hours which is what happened when I used a different mineral makeup years ago (I forgot the name of that brand). It doesn't oxidize on me. What I really, really like is that at night when I wash my face it isn't hard to remove. It takes a couple of rounds of toner to remove my Estee Lauder Double Wear makeup. Also, my break outs are decreasing and my skin tone when I'm not wearing makeup has evened out. For color reference, I'm a C3 and Golden Medium is an exact match for me. Will definitely buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2014 9:02:00 PM More reviews by ekatt

Unfortunately, this leaves me oily in about an hour. Every time. And I don't really have oily skin. Pur minerals never did that. There are far better choices. If you have an oily tzone, I do not recommend.

Old Review:

Loved this foundation as soon as I put it on. Smooth and great coverage. It's just one of those foundations that will cover and make you look great. Coverage is comparable to Pur minerals, my hg.
The shades are confusing to get because there are so many of them.. I got Natural Light, but it's really pale for a 'light' color. Think Anne Hathaway. I'm a shade darker, around a NC 25. So Natural Light is great for a NC15-20 with a fair, simply neutral skintone that doesn't have too much pink or too much yellow.
I will try the Natural Medium next time, or the Golden Light and report back. I love how it looks, so I'm excited to find my shade!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/5/2014 6:14:00 PM More reviews by cebaker07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Among the many foundations I have tried, a friend suggested this brand. Since I do have acne and minor scars, the fact that this is dermatologist recommended and a camouflage makeup, I loved the idea. I got color matched and bought the Sheer Tint base, the Pressed Powder, the primer, the hydration mist and the texture brush for application. I like the products, but I don't love them. I have tried using different brushes, sponges, my hands etc and just can't get this to apply in a way that doesn't settle into every crease I have. I have even watched tutorials and I have everything the esthetician recommended, so I just don't think it works for my skin. It could be that the combination of the Sheer Tint and Powder is too heavy, but on their own, I just didn't feel like the products covered enough or lasted very long.

Pros: Friendly for sensitive skin and many skin types
Fairly long lasting and easy to touch up

Cons: These products are expensive
Settled into every crease I had
May not be great for humid climates

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2014 2:51:00 PM More reviews by prinsessekristine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

My fave foundation so far. Good color range. Good coverage. Does not break me out - which is key. It is very expencive, but worth the money.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2014 10:02:00 AM More reviews by Callisto83

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I did a lot of research online to see which pressed powder foundation that would work with my extremely dry and sensitive skin, and this was one of the contestant. I got shade matched at a spa where they sell glominerals, and the beautician applied a thick layer of it using the ultra brush. I was really worried this would dry me out, but surprisingly it felt really nice. Don´t get me wrong, I really have to moisturize before using this, but the result looked beautiful and most importantly, it felt really nice and comfortable. I like the idea of a pressed mineral foundation. I do enjoy my original bare minerals loose powder, but I feel it has less coverage and it takes so long to buff in. Glominerals pressed base is really finely milled, and it looks really natural, as opposed to bare minerals Ready foundation which was absolutely horrible on me and my skin type. I do believe the finish has a slight sheen to it, so it does not look completely matte. At least on me. I just add a touch of bronzer at the end to give my face a bit of dimension. This is a great foundation for the days when I just need to even out some redness in a hurry. For reference I wear the shade Honey Light, and it is a good match. I will definitely repurchase!