GloMinerals Pressed Base

4.2

Mica, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Zinc Stearate, Boron Nitride, Zinc Oxide (CI 77947), Nylon – 12, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopherol, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Retinyl Palmitate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Caprylyl Glycol, Isopentyldiol, Water (Aqua), MAY CONTAIN (+/-): Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288), Carmine (CI 75470)

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I'm giving this three stars because I have mixed feelings about this.

Good range of shades available but colour selection is difficult. Don't even think about trying to match yourself using swatches online - I wasted a whole lot of money by doing that. For reference, I bought the shade Honey Medium based on descriptions, but it was too dark for me. I have Asian medium-tan skin with olive undertone, and I wear Nars Creamy Radiant Concealer in Ginger, Mac Pro Longwear Concealer in NC35 (slightly too dark/yellow but fine under powder), and Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk in 6 (summer).

I decided to try this foundation because I'd heard good reviews and I wanted to see if I could find a better colour match. I'm loyal to Jane Iredale's purepressed base, in which I wear Latte, which has yellow-brown undertones, but it can look a little dark on me in winter. If you're like me and need something between JI Golden Glow and Latte, maybe try the Glo Minerals in Honey Light? Or Golden Dark, which is apparently the same level of depth but slightly less warm. Hopefully this helps someone.

Another thing is that I couldn't find a way to apply this foundation nicely. A sponge made my face look heavy, powdery and mask like. My EcoTools kabuki couldn't really grab it properly so it looked too sheer. My large animal hair power brush (Models Prefer) and my smaller flat top goat hair brush (JI Handi Brush) both seemed to be too dense for the powder - powder flew all over my table, and when i applied it to my face, it looked powdery and fake and uneven by the time I applied enough to get decent coverage.

I suspect that this foundation, like the JI pure pressed base, needs to be applied with a matching GloMinerals brush in order to achieve a flawless look, so perhaps budget for that. I'd be willing to try this one again if I could get matched instore and have a salesperson demonstrate how to apply it properly. While I'm not impressed by how dull and powdery the finish of this foundation appeared, maybe I was just using the wrong brushes.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

It looks really good and lasts a long time without retouching. Also it didn't cause me to breakout like other powders usually do. I love it (:

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

My favorite powder foundation. Its stupid expensive (about $45 almost i think), but it completely evens out my skin which has lots of discolorations and scars. I hate when powder foundations say "build able" and its not, but with this you can really do a light dusting to full coverage. I have extremely oily skin so this is not going to keep the oilies away, but i have never used anything that has. It can gather in fine lines so I'm careful not to put too much near laugh lines and don't use this under my eyes, which i never do with powder foundation anyway. I used Golden Dark, which is not dark at all but my summer color. Im Golden Medium the rest of the year. This is the only foundation I've found that matches my light/medum olive skin!! I initially began using this because it is not tested on animals. I had been a big fan of Lancome and Estee Lauders powder foundations, but couldn't stand the thought of it being tested on a little animal. This foundation is better than both of those and i don't feel guilty.

This is a really good mineral foundation. I've tried Lily Lolo, which started to itch on my skin and looked cakey after a little while.

This hasn't broken me out or caused blackheads! I've used it full on as a foundation and also as a light coverage powder. It looks really nice on the skin! Although the color range is good, the natural fair shade, is a little bit dark on me (i'm paler than NC15 in MAC). But as a lighter coverage it is suitable :-)

I would buy it again - and since may i have yet to finish it!
Definitely recommend.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

Oh I so wanted this powder to work but me and mineral based products just do not get along!

To clarify I have very oily skin (after cleansing is oily in about an hour).

This seemed like it would be a good product for oily skin which I'm sure for some as per the reviews it is but for me it gets a thumbs down.

The colour I purchased was Golden Light (my perfect match is Revlon Colorstay Buff for ref) the colour is light enough but is very yellow so can look quite 'sickly', the texture is fine if buffed in lightly... however this makes me oily quicker than without a product on my face and the foundation itself starts to break down / go splotchy rather than fade away.

Also due to the expense of this product I definitely won't purchase again.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Yes, full coverage. Kind of. But it's very cakey. Even after I spray my face with a setting spray. Also, it makes my skin oily (as any other foundation, no surprise there.) It's OKAY.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this!! It's easy to apply. Does NOTbreak me out like everything else. And makes my skin look a lot healthier than it is!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

makes my skin look beautiful ( i have very bad acne and scars) this covers it completely and beautiful colors to match the skin tone

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Wish I could like this foundation more :(
I overall totally loved the coverage, I did choose a shade a little too light for me and i REALLY didn't like the smell, i would always hold my breathe, but it was ok to deal with because the coverage was worth it.
I have had problem skin for sooooo long now and i've tried an insane amount of different things to keep the whiteheads and blackheads under control. I was just getting sort of comfortable with how my skin was looking until i started using this foundation and now I have whiteheads/blackheads all over my cheeks and chin, spreading to my ears too.
I never had issues with my cheeks and chin area until now and it's really SHIT BECAUSE THE LITTLE LUMPS ARE ONLY SPREADING NOW. So devo this had to happen, it must of been a few of the ingredients.
I feel bad to give it a bad review because it was good, it just didn't agree with my face.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I never really got into the mineral makeup hype. We sell Jane Iredale where I work and it never interested me...I guess it was the lackluster packaging and the fact that it's mostly worn by older ladies. However, one of my school instructors got a GloMinerals account and she ordered me the pressed powder in natural light. She wanted me to see how I liked it and she would just use it as a tester if I didn't like it. Well guess what...I really like it. It's a perfect match for my neutral, fair skin. Trust me, I have a hard time finding powder foundations that aren't too pink for me (HATE IT). This covers imperfections really well, is very buildable, and has a nice finish. I'm really oily in my t-zone and the reason I didn't give this 5 lippies is because I still have to touch this up after a few hours, it doesn't keep me matte at all.. I do love that it has zinc oxide in it though so I don't have to apply a separate sunblock. I wish all makeup had that. I love that it's good for your skin though and I get many compliments on how nice my skin looks when I wear this, so I'm pretty sure I'll repurchase.