GloMinerals Pressed Base

4.2

Mica, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Zinc Stearate, Boron Nitride, Zinc Oxide (CI 77947), Nylon – 12, Phenoxyethanol, Tocopherol, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Retinyl Palmitate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Caprylyl Glycol, Isopentyldiol, Water (Aqua), MAY CONTAIN (+/-): Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288), Carmine (CI 75470)

on 2/14/2015 9:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I think I like Chanel powder more, but this mineral/vitamin powder is worth it because my skin refuses to stay cool and be pretty. If you put like a nice bronzer over it you won't have cake face which is the only downfall this product has besides the packaging which has a little mirror in it. You have to throw the mirror away every time you get a new powder lol.

on 1/26/2015 8:20:00 PM

This is seriously a HG product! Hands down the best pressed powder out there! I don't need to wear any liquid foundation, as it gives plenty of coverage & makes my complexion appear perfect. Yes, the price is up there, but it's completely justified - it saves me from buying liquid foundation, & a little goes a long way with virtually no touch ups required, so the compact lasts much longer than any other powder I've used. Also - please make sure to check the official glominerals website for a list of unauthorized retailers of their products (including amazon!)...they explain they're likely selling fake or expired products. I found a site w/ a 20% off coupon code, but before I purchased , I emailed glominerals customer service to confirm this site was an authorized retailer. They emailed me back the same day confirming they were! The only possible complaint I have, is the included sponge is worthless. Apply with a brush for perfect results :).

on 1/3/2015 5:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Oh my gosh. I would never have gone near a powder foundation, but I have really oily acne prone and whitehead prone skin and decided it was worth trying anything to clear it up. This had really good reviews for oily and acne prone skin, and now I know why! I was skeptical about the coverage for a order but wow, you can go almost full coverage with this and nothing underneath!
Comes in a great compact with a mirror so you can do touch ups during the day (I only need to touch up once at work for an 8 hour day).
Very mattifying but not drying, and good colour selection. For extra full coverage you can use with a liquid foundation underneath. A fantastic product that I will definitely repurchase.

on 12/8/2014 3:50:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The only compact I truly loved was the Bobbi Brown Illuminating powder (which they for some reason, dumb, discontinued) so I went and tried the new formula (which is more expensive and sucks) and many many other compacts including the most expensive name brands. Nothing worked, I was beyond disappointed, then I found Glo-minerals. It doesn't perform as amazing as the illuminating bobbi brown compact, buy by for it is the best compact I've found. It is really good for your skin also. Does not crease, does not cake up and look gross when you reapply through out the day. It's weird at first to be honest when you first apply it, too dry and powdery looking, but after an hour when your natural oils set in it looks good. It is recommended by dermatologists also and doesn't make me break out because they process it 3x's more then bare minerals so its very fine and doesn't clog pores, unfortunately because of this oil control isn't amazing as I would love it to be. Good olive tones also.

I do love this powder! It matches my skin perfectly and gives great "natural" coverage. ;) The only reason I may not rebuy it would be because it's expensive ($44?) and I am about to go through nursing school. I have a feeling I'll try something else because it's cheaper and come back to this because it's the best. For the record, I have been using the same compact for 4 months, and there is quite a bit left still!

on 10/17/2014 4:13:00 PM

This is my HG foundation! I've been using it for at least 5 years. It layers well, so you can put it on lightly, or build it up to strong coverage. It kind of melts into your skin, making it look better as the day goes on. It's awesome. Even has SPF. It's great :)

on 10/15/2014 7:42:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I loooove Glominerals pressed base. Easy coverage, let it warm up on your face once applied. I'm between two colors and I'm using natural medium. In the summer I have to warm it up with bronzer but it just smooths out my complexion and doesn't settle into lines. I've finally found my HG.....whenever I try something else I go right back to it. I use a flat top brush and stipple.

on 9/10/2014 8:28:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I wanted to like this product because it came highly recommended to me. However, it just doesn't stay on my skin. My face always gets oily and this seems to exacerbate the issue. When I put it on, it looks powdery on my face for like 30 minutes, then looks fantastic for 10 minutes, then oily for 30 minutes, then it just starts to wear off. I went on vacation and made the mistake of bringing only this foundation (with primer and setting spray even!) and it completely wore off parts of my face and I had to touch it up multiple times a day for it to look decent.

Now, I will say that if your skin doesn't get oily, this product would probably be fantastic for you. It has great coverage (if it doesn't slide off from oily skin), and blends very well. But I do feel that it comes in a lighter shade than you would expect. I have golden medium and it's more comparable to "light" (not "medium") shades in most foundations.

Also, I do recommend the GloMinerals bronzer, it is AMAZING!

on 7/24/2014 8:01:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I love Glominerals pressed powder. It looks like my skin, but better. Every time I try another foundation, I keep going back to this because most foundations separate, look heavy & unnatural, or wear off pretty quickly on me. It has never broken me out or caused any irritation. I have also tried Jane Iredale's pressed powder foundation, but I found it to be chalky and not as smooth as this powder. I always get compliments on my skin (not my makeup) when I wear this and it lasts throughout the day. I live in Orlando, Fl which is probably one of the hottest and most humid cities in the country and this powder lasts on me throughout the day. I usually have to powder my nose once during the day depending on if I'm mostly inside or outside, but that is way better than other foundations that I have tried. I normally have oily/combination skin with slight rosacea and I use retin a so I have some flaky/dry spots and this works beautifully on me. I was matched to natural medium. I am light-light/medium skin tone that is neutral that leans slightly golden with some surface redness.

on 7/21/2014 11:46:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I'll get the drawback out of the way first, which is that I have to get it at my dermatologist office (an hour away) or order it, whereas there's a Lise Watier one that I like almost as much that I can get 5 min away from me.

That said, this powder is AMAZING. My aesthetician told me that wearing this powder is actually better for you than wearing nothing at all, since it protects your skin from the sun (there's titanium dioxide) and conditions it(vitamins A.C), and my skin really attests to that, as it's less red and irritated looking ,even w/o makeup on.

I used to wear full coverage liquid or cream foundation, thinking powder was not for me, but this powder gives me the best, most natural coverage I've ever had. I swirl it around my face w/ a kabuki brush and then pat it on with a sponge on the areas I need it most (I have some acne rosacea on my cheeks), and it makes my skin look *almost*flawless (hopefully my IPLs I'm getting will help with that). It's not drying, or chalky, and doesn't highlight any creases or lines, as it typical with many powders. It just gives you an amazing, satin finish that lasts all day. I have bought this powder 3 times, which is saying something bc I typically don't even finish a product before trying to find something better for my skin.