December 18, 2014 | 1842 users online

Powder - GloMinerals - Pressed Base

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 12/8/2014 3:50:00 PM More reviews by Brokenbells

The only compact I truly loved was the Bobbi Brown Illuminating powder (which they for some reason, dumb, discontinued) so I went and tried the new formula (which is more expensive and sucks) and many many other compacts including the most expensive name brands. Nothing worked, I was beyond disappointed, then I found Glo-minerals. It doesn't perform as amazing as the illuminating bobbi brown compact, buy by for it is the best compact I've found. It is really good for your skin also. Does not crease, does not cake up and look gross when you reapply through out the day. It's weird at first to be honest when you first apply it, too dry and powdery looking, but after an hour when your natural oils set in it looks good. It is recommended by dermatologists also and doesn't make me break out because they process it 3x's more then bare minerals so its very fine and doesn't clog pores, unfortunately because of this oil control isn't amazing as I would love it to be. Good olive tones also.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2014 9:33:00 AM More reviews by BarefootedALIEN

I do love this powder! It matches my skin perfectly and gives great "natural" coverage. ;) The only reason I may not rebuy it would be because it's expensive ($44?) and I am about to go through nursing school. I have a feeling I'll try something else because it's cheaper and come back to this because it's the best. For the record, I have been using the same compact for 4 months, and there is quite a bit left still!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2014 4:13:00 PM More reviews by siren77

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my HG foundation! I've been using it for at least 5 years. It layers well, so you can put it on lightly, or build it up to strong coverage. It kind of melts into your skin, making it look better as the day goes on. It's awesome. Even has SPF. It's great :)

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2014 7:42:00 PM More reviews by mel0974

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I loooove Glominerals pressed base. Easy coverage, let it warm up on your face once applied. I'm between two colors and I'm using natural medium. In the summer I have to warm it up with bronzer but it just smooths out my complexion and doesn't settle into lines. I've finally found my HG.....whenever I try something else I go right back to it. I use a flat top brush and stipple.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/10/2014 8:28:00 PM More reviews by Claire1747

I wanted to like this product because it came highly recommended to me. However, it just doesn't stay on my skin. My face always gets oily and this seems to exacerbate the issue. When I put it on, it looks powdery on my face for like 30 minutes, then looks fantastic for 10 minutes, then oily for 30 minutes, then it just starts to wear off. I went on vacation and made the mistake of bringing only this foundation (with primer and setting spray even!) and it completely wore off parts of my face and I had to touch it up multiple times a day for it to look decent.

Now, I will say that if your skin doesn't get oily, this product would probably be fantastic for you. It has great coverage (if it doesn't slide off from oily skin), and blends very well. But I do feel that it comes in a lighter shade than you would expect. I have golden medium and it's more comparable to "light" (not "medium") shades in most foundations.

Also, I do recommend the GloMinerals bronzer, it is AMAZING!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2014 8:01:00 AM More reviews by mpeck2222

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love Glominerals pressed powder. It looks like my skin, but better. Every time I try another foundation, I keep going back to this because most foundations separate, look heavy & unnatural, or wear off pretty quickly on me. It has never broken me out or caused any irritation. I have also tried Jane Iredale's pressed powder foundation, but I found it to be chalky and not as smooth as this powder. I always get compliments on my skin (not my makeup) when I wear this and it lasts throughout the day. I live in Orlando, Fl which is probably one of the hottest and most humid cities in the country and this powder lasts on me throughout the day. I usually have to powder my nose once during the day depending on if I'm mostly inside or outside, but that is way better than other foundations that I have tried. I normally have oily/combination skin with slight rosacea and I use retin a so I have some flaky/dry spots and this works beautifully on me. I was matched to natural medium. I am light-light/medium skin tone that is neutral that leans slightly golden with some surface redness.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2014 11:46:00 AM More reviews by rachelsxoxo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'll get the drawback out of the way first, which is that I have to get it at my dermatologist office (an hour away) or order it, whereas there's a Lise Watier one that I like almost as much that I can get 5 min away from me.

That said, this powder is AMAZING. My aesthetician told me that wearing this powder is actually better for you than wearing nothing at all, since it protects your skin from the sun (there's titanium dioxide) and conditions it(vitamins A.C), and my skin really attests to that, as it's less red and irritated looking ,even w/o makeup on.

I used to wear full coverage liquid or cream foundation, thinking powder was not for me, but this powder gives me the best, most natural coverage I've ever had. I swirl it around my face w/ a kabuki brush and then pat it on with a sponge on the areas I need it most (I have some acne rosacea on my cheeks), and it makes my skin look *almost*flawless (hopefully my IPLs I'm getting will help with that). It's not drying, or chalky, and doesn't highlight any creases or lines, as it typical with many powders. It just gives you an amazing, satin finish that lasts all day. I have bought this powder 3 times, which is saying something bc I typically don't even finish a product before trying to find something better for my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2014 9:54:00 PM More reviews by cozworth

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This stuff is AWESOME!!!

The product applies like a dream. it is not streaky or cakey. It does not sink into pores or lines. The coverage is build-able. Once applied it is just slightly shy of full matte.

With every other foundation I have used I couldn't go more than 2 hours (often not 1 hour) without feeling the need to blot. I have worn this for 4 hours and do not need to blot yet. This may not sound like much to most of you but you ladies out there with extremely oily skin know what I am talking about. I suspect 90% of the population would never need to blot. Also, it hasn't started sliding off my face. Nor has the color turned a funny orange.

I also want to comment that there are a lot of color choices for this foundation so everyone should be able to find a good match. The only down side is that it cannot be purchased anywhere near me so I had to buy it online. I used the color chart with pictures of women to show what would be the correct color for that person. It really helped and I feel that I got the right color. I paid $28 on Amazon, which is double what I am used to paying for a foundation. However, what I will save on blotting papers makes this a bargain!

I used no moisturizer before putting it on but I did use a primer. I did not need a loose powder to set it. And the color and texture is remarkably natural.

I am extremely encouraged because when the warm weather ends and the humidity goes away I should be able to use this with an oil free moisturizer.

The only thing that I will say that is remotely negative is that this type of powder foundation is not kind to flaky skin. If you have a problem with that get it under control before using this product.

This is the only foundation I have found that has managed my oily skin problem. The fact that is also desirable in every other way is just a bonus.

Seriously people, this is my holy grail. I strongly recommend it!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/6/2014 3:10:00 AM More reviews by Cemblee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to love this product. I've been using Shiseido. I went to a dermatologist and the esthitician recommended GloMinerals. When she put it on, I noticed a tingling around my nose, but it was just temporary. I loved the coverage of this product.

After using it for 3 days, my face was on fire! That's when I did an internet search and realized that their products contain "pharmaceutical grade Bismuth Oxychloride" in their products. Had I known, I would never had purchased this.

It took a week for my face to calm down.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 5/16/2014 6:06:00 AM More reviews by mioche

DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY ON THIS RUBBISH!!

I have been using mineral makeup for years. I'm a devotee of Jane Iredale but ran out of my foundation and felt like trying something new. WHAT A WASTE OF MONEY!!!

I was colour matched in salon to a colour exactly the same as what I wear in JI - (satin). the Glominerals looks like chalk on my skin. It wears off after 1-2hours. All the redness shows through, covers NOTHING, actually makes my skin look so much worse. I look awful. It's really cakey, drying and then my skin gets so oily. Doesn't control oil at all.

What absolute rubbish. I'm going back to Jane Iredale as that is the best mineral makeup hands down!!! I'm selling this on ebay. Crap foundation.