April 18, 2014 | 1851 users online

Powder - GloMinerals - Pressed Base

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2014 9:02:00 PM More reviews by ekatt

Loved this foundation as soon as I put it on. Smooth and great coverage. It's just one of those foundations that will cover and make you look great. Coverage is comparable to Pur minerals, my hg.
The shades are confusing to get because there are so many of them.. I got Natural Light, but it's really pale for a 'light' color. Think Anne Hathaway. I'm a shade darker, around a NC 25. So Natural Light is great for a NC15-20 with a fair, simply neutral skintone that doesn't have too much pink or too much yellow.
I will try the Natural Medium next time, or the Golden Light and report back. I love how it looks, so I'm excited to find my shade!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/5/2014 6:14:00 PM More reviews by cebaker07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Among the many foundations I have tried, a friend suggested this brand. Since I do have acne and minor scars, the fact that this is dermatologist recommended and a camouflage makeup, I loved the idea. I got color matched and bought the Sheer Tint base, the Pressed Powder, the primer, the hydration mist and the texture brush for application. I like the products, but I don't love them. I have tried using different brushes, sponges, my hands etc and just can't get this to apply in a way that doesn't settle into every crease I have. I have even watched tutorials and I have everything the esthetician recommended, so I just don't think it works for my skin. It could be that the combination of the Sheer Tint and Powder is too heavy, but on their own, I just didn't feel like the products covered enough or lasted very long.

Pros: Friendly for sensitive skin and many skin types
Fairly long lasting and easy to touch up

Cons: These products are expensive
Settled into every crease I had
May not be great for humid climates

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2014 2:51:00 PM More reviews by prinsessekristine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

My fave foundation so far. Good color range. Good coverage. Does not break me out - which is key. It is very expencive, but worth the money.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2014 10:02:00 AM More reviews by Callisto83

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I did a lot of research online to see which pressed powder foundation that would work with my extremely dry and sensitive skin, and this was one of the contestant. I got shade matched at a spa where they sell glominerals, and the beautician applied a thick layer of it using the ultra brush. I was really worried this would dry me out, but surprisingly it felt really nice. Don´t get me wrong, I really have to moisturize before using this, but the result looked beautiful and most importantly, it felt really nice and comfortable. I like the idea of a pressed mineral foundation. I do enjoy my original bare minerals loose powder, but I feel it has less coverage and it takes so long to buff in. Glominerals pressed base is really finely milled, and it looks really natural, as opposed to bare minerals Ready foundation which was absolutely horrible on me and my skin type. I do believe the finish has a slight sheen to it, so it does not look completely matte. At least on me. I just add a touch of bronzer at the end to give my face a bit of dimension. This is a great foundation for the days when I just need to even out some redness in a hurry. For reference I wear the shade Honey Light, and it is a good match. I will definitely repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2014 7:42:00 AM More reviews by Cannieqi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Oh. Lord.

I never write reviews, but if I do, they are my absolute HG. I purchased this off eBay for about 32 dollars since they cost about 65 dollars in my country. And I have never even touched my liquid foundations ever again. I swore to my liquid foundations before this, and I cant believe i didn't try this before?!

It covers AMAZINGLY, it lasts ALL day, and the best, its looks SO INCREDIBLY NATURAL! In the day i use my kabuki brush and swipe it a few times over my face, and it is the bomb. Its VERY build able, you could easily get a full coverage out of this!

The only thing about this is if you have acne, you would have to use a bit to cover everything. I struggled with acne when i started this and used quite a lot, and ran out. But after a while all my acne went away, thanks to this miracle mineral foundation. This stuff truly is good for your skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2014 1:36:00 AM More reviews by Spunkette

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I absolutely love this pressed powder. I have been using Glominerals for about 3 years now, and will never stop using it! If you have good skin, then you don't need to wear a foundation underneath it. I just wear it alone over moisturiser. I wear the shade golden dark which matches my skin tone perfectly. It seriously leaves you with smooth, even and glowing skin. I often get told i have flawless skin and put it all down to this powder!!

The only downfall is it's quite expensive. I pay about $70 and it probably lasts a couple of months.

I apply it with the Glominerals powder brush as I think good application is key to a perfect finish. The coverage is pretty light but you can build it up if you have some problem areas. it also keeps shine at bay. I probably wouldn't recommend this for dry skin, or problem skin, as you won't get the coverage or texture you're after.

Highly recommend people try this powder and wait for the glowing skin compliments! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2013 1:56:00 PM More reviews by propalette

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I had a hard time finding this product and choosing a color online is unbelievably annoying.. I googled clinics that sold the pressed base so I could have someone match me up. I found Toronto cosmetic clinic they had a crazy nice makeup artist who wasn't pushy with sales.. I am a honey medium.. and for once a medium brown without an ashy tone. i am not huge on the shadows but the primers, illuminators, glosses, and mascara(surprisingly0 are all awesome!! Love it The clinic does fillers too..score!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2013 8:23:00 PM More reviews by Hicksnn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I live for this powder. Live. For. This. Powder. If my color ever goes away or gets discontinued, I just may give up living....because I love this powder that much.
I have worn Tawny Light for about 5 years now and cannot rave more about this powder! 1st of all, my skin is prone to becoming oily, especially as the day goes on, and I don't breakout on a regular basis, but I tend to become congested easily if I don't stick to a particular routine. I also develop dark spots easily if I do breakout.
I use this pressed powder to be FULL coverage and besides the occasional primer, I typically do not wear anything underneath this powder.
A few key factors:
1) use the Glo Ultra Brush with this or any other flat top dense brush, as this will give you the quickest, fullest coverage possible. If you have any skin texture issues, I would suggest a primer
2) Buff, buff, buff. And then buff again, and again. The more you buff this powder in (along with most other mineral powders) the better it looks and the better the coverage/finish will be.
3) Setting spray. I love the Glo setting spray, I even use it in the summer. Just a quick light mist and it sets the powder and plumps your skin a little bit as well.

This foundation is even waterproof and last through my disgusting humid summer weather sweating.
Honestly this foundation does everything but the dishes. It's such a beautiful finish and flawless coverage- I get compliments in a regular basis "your complexion is so beautiful" or "you have perfect skin"- neither are true unless I am wearing this powder!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2013 1:16:00 AM More reviews by jaconway89

My HG for sure! Doesn't look cakey. I use it during the day when I want a light coverage and also at night when I want to build it to a heavier coverage. Doesn't oxidize or turn orange like some other foundations and powders. Only thing I can complain about is that it is very pricey for not that much product. Doesn't last very long but then again I use this every day!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2013 9:04:00 PM More reviews by kamburgey

I began having allergic reactions to the eye primer I had been using. I was given a sample of this in a gift bag. I decided to try it out as a eye primer. It worked great and no reactions. I also apply it in the corner of my eye, as well as, underneath to hide dark circles and shadows. Thumbs up!