July 29, 2014 | 1900 users online

Hair - LUSH - Hot Hair Hennas (Caffe)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2005 8:20:00 AM More reviews by mikiadi1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Hello. Today I used Lush’s henna (maroon) for the second time and I still like it. Here’s how it works: grate de bar of henna into a glass bowl (2 squares are enough for me), pour over boiling water (not much) and stir the composition until you get some kind of paste. Put the glass bowl into a pan filled with boiling water (to keep the paste as hot as possible). The whole process is not that messy if you pay attention, and you get used to the smell (I think it smells like lemon, anyway, much better than similar products). Always read the instructions and do as they say. Henna is natural and is worth the effort (on the long term) if you love your hair. It gives you the feeling that you do something special for you, with all that preparation. If you don’t like it, at least you know you’ve tried it. One thing is for sure: I will never chemically-dye my hair again.
Thank you for your attention.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2005 4:17:00 PM More reviews by gracegrace9

I am thrilled to be a caca head. I've been chemically coloring my hair for over ten years now, and I'm just starting to have my first greys. Between purported risks of chemical coloring and one bad experience with getting chemical color in my eye, I have sworn off chemical hair color. I decided to give this a try. For the whole story, you can see: http://forum.lush.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19438 (I posted before/after pictures and the story of my coloring experience. Basically, the process was messy, but I'm thrilled with the results, and plan to stick with the caca.

Update: Since switching from chemical color to caca, I am able to go twice as long (if not longer) between trims without damage. My last cut was over sixteen weeks ago; I went in for a trim eight weeks ago and then four weeks ago, and both times, the stylist said she didn't even need to touch my ends because there are no splits and my hair is totally healthy. This is a great color alternative to consider during a grow-out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2001 2:36:00 PM More reviews by Julie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is very messy, doesn't smell as good as lush touts it to, and is a pain in the rump to apply, but for a no chemical hair enhancer or dye, it is the best on the market! It doesn't chemically alter your hair, wreck or ravage it, and it is the best thing I have found to enhance my chocolate brown hair! It gives me subtle highlights and lowlights, makes it really soft, and lasts for about two months. A jar of it lasts at least two uses, and I have hair down the middle of my back. The application and waiting is very messy and isn't the most convenient or as convenient as an over the counter dye from the drugstore, but your hair will look wonderful and not suffer the consequences of the oxidizing properties of Peroxides and Ammonia, so your hair shaft is spared! You have to try it at least 1x and see if it is your cup of tea!