October 24, 2014 | 1521 users online

Cleansers - Ole Henriksen - On The Go - Exhilarating Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2014 6:42:00 PM More reviews by natadk

My favourite wash, which I've used for several years. It's perfect for my normal skin. Love the nice smell and the gell-ness of it. Very durable in use!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2014 10:03:00 PM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I really like this cleanser. It cleans my face really well and removes all but the very heaviest of waterproof concealers and mascaras. The light orange scent is invigorating and feels just right for summer, when heat and humidity make my skin feel oilier, especially after a long day in a hot classroom. I like how this lathered - a rich, gentle lather that became more "bubbly/foamy" when I added a bit more water. While the label says something about it being non-drying, I did find this a bit drying but since I apply moisturizer right after washing my face, it's not a huge issue. All in all, a really refreshing, quick and easy face wash. I would certainly repurchase, though the bottle is so large and you don't need much, so it will take me quite a while to finish this.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/31/2013 6:21:00 PM More reviews by meltin2000

This is the 4th bottle of this cleanser that I have bought. No wait- this is not necessarily all good! I noticed with this current bottle that the formula felt different and it was not cleansing my makeup off properly. The consistency before was like an oil-like cleanser, which slicked off all makeup. Sort of like an oil makeup cleanser, without the greasy residue after feel. Now it makes my skin feel drier after washing my face. So I dropped Ole Henrikesen customer service an email and asked them if they had changed the face wash? They replied saying they had in fact changed it and it had been 'improved.' It is a shame as it was perfect before and the bottle lasts for about 10 months approx. My skin type is combination and my forehead gets really dry, so I wouldn't recommend this for anyone with sensitive or dry skin. It contains salicylic acid so I don't know if long term use is good with it either. I am now looking for a new cleanser- unfortunately!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2013 2:02:00 AM More reviews by meggan808

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for a little over 2 months now. I have tried countless cleansers and liked plenty of them, but I've never been in love with one the way I am with this one. I have slightly oily, moderately acne/clog-prone skin, and this cleanser cleanses very well w/o being stripping or drying. I use it 2x/day, in the mornings to break up oil on my skin from overnight and in the evenings to remove residue from pre-cleansing with sunflower oil (for long-wear foundation and water-resistant sunscreen removal). It leaves my skin feeling very smooth and soft. I swear my skin even looks brighter/more radiant after using this cleanser. It has a slightly thick gel consistency and foams up very well, which is great since I prefer pretty foamy cleansers. I seem less cloggy since using it, but I'm unsure if that's a result of the cleanser or something else in my routine. Plus, it smells really nice, like fresh oranges. :) It is a tad spendy, but I find I only need a tiny amount per use, so I don't consider that a big issue. I initially used a partially full sample bottle I received in a swap, and a very sweet SCBer was kind enough to send me a full size (7 oz) bottle when it didn't work for her. I'm pretty sure it will last forever! Even my SO, who isn't picky and will usually use whatever happens to be in the shower to wash his face, has been using and loving this cleanser, forsaking the cheaper things in our shower. Will definitely repurchase as long as OH keeps making it.

Edit: June 2014- I had to switch cleaners for the winter since this was too drying for my dehydration-prone skin. I recently tried switching back for the summer and ended up with dry, flaky skin. I've started using Differin since I last loved this cleanser, so I'm assuming it's just too drying for me to use in conjunction with Differin. Still a great cleanser, though, and still SO's favorite.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2013 9:49:00 PM More reviews by DandelionMoonchild

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I used a sample I was given at Sephora and absolutely fell in love. Purchased a larger bottle of Ole Henrickson's On the Go cleanser today at Sephora for what I believe is a reasonable price for $21. Reasonable because a little goes a long way, it smells wonderful and leaves my face feeling so soft and beautiful. I can't wait to use it. I will use it in combination to my exfoliation routine of sugar and lemon juice scrub ( 3 times weekly, which is magical as well and so cheap and easy to make) II will definitely purchase more when I run out. I expect it to last a 8 months to a year.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2013 8:13:00 AM More reviews by MegE

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My Skintype: combo-oily/sensitive/acne-prone/PD-prone.

I should start off this review by mentioning that my absolute HG gentle skin cleanser for the past 11 or so years is Sage Skincare Facial Shampoo Regular. Over the years I've cheated and tried the occasional cleanser in search of a replacement that's potentially cheaper and easier to obtain. So this leads me to the Ole Henriksen On The Go cleanser. There are so many things I really enjoyed about this cleanser (see below), but unfortunately after a few uses my skin was becoming progressively blotchy, red, and hot feeling. I'm not exactly sure if it's the Vitamin C that's causing the flushing or something else.

Pluses- light scent of orange with a hint of tangerine, removes m/u quickly and easily, doesn't sting/irritate the eye area, highly foaming, washes off completely without leaving skin tight/dry, skin feels smooth/soft/balanced/slightly moisturized.

Minuses- causes my skin to get red, blotchy, and hot to the touch. :(

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2013 12:39:00 PM More reviews by Cat1104

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

My skin: oily and easily dehydrated (lacking water, not oil), sensitive/reactive, clog-prone.

Unfortunately, this cleanser didn't work at all for me. I tried it numerous times over a 14-month span. It does have a thick consistency that seems hard to spread; however, it turns into a super-sudsy foam when rubbed between *very wet* palms/hands. It cleanses well and washes away without leaving a residue, but it is incredibly dehydrating. It wasn't as bad during humid months (really most of the year where I live), but I found I couldn't use it more than two days in a row. It left my skin feeling tight and dry also caused some breakouts. My skin tends to break out when it's dehydrated/irritated. Will not repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/29/2013 1:24:00 PM More reviews by therubyprincess

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Waaah. Wanted to love this as I am quite pleased with other OH products however this was not to be. Smells much like OHTS and is somewhat thick in texture. It lathered mildly and seemed to remove my ss and m/u effectively.

The product cleaned my face so well that by day 3 I found my skin stripped. Burning and itching stripped. I ceased using it on my facial skin and tried it out on my back and chest. This time the irritation caused 3 cysts on my decollete.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2012 9:02:00 PM More reviews by barbiH

I've been test driving this cleanser for a couple of months now and I think it's a keeper. Definitely works for my SD-prone face without drying or annoying my skin. Also, using this cleanser in conjunction w/ the Truth serum means that I don't need to use any chemical exfoliant....no more BHA. I'm not really sure why but who cares? I'm pretty pleased with this result. I also read in a recent magazine that this is Justin Timberlake's fave cleanser.....not sure why I'm including this fact but I thought it was amusing/interesting. I did install a pump since the bottle is a hard plastic that's not the easiest to squeeze. The pump works brilliantly....not sure why OH doesn't just sell it with one? It's a keeper and may be on its way to HG status. Will definitely repurchase.....I scored several bottles at $9 during the December specials on the OH website, so I'm set for awhile. :)

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/9/2012 3:46:00 PM More reviews by kurbsky

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is nice, now. It seemed to take about two months for my skin to adapt to it and the only reason I stuck with it was because I was too skint to go any buy something else. I got a few spots and generally it didn't feel that great, plus using the cleanser wasn't that nice because the consistency was so thick and it takes a while to work out the best way of using it. Then one day my skin suddenly improved and now it feels really nice. So I might think about buying it again after all, not wanting to rock the boat now it is ok! I really didn't like the smell at first (it smells like Junior Calpol which I hate) but after two months I got used to that as well...