July 30, 2014 | 1777 users online

Foundations - Napoleon Perdis - Stick Foundation SPF-8

rated 2 of 5 on 5/28/2014 5:36:00 AM More reviews by StephanyJade

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I found the foundation stick to be too oily for my skin (my is not oily at all) And too thick in texture. Would not buy again, revlon is much better and less expensive.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2014 12:20:00 PM More reviews by KaytB

I have been using this produce for about 5 months now and have gone through about 2 of them. They do not last very long probably 2-3 months tops. It is pricey, but is worth the money. I have to reapply this 5 hours later and it blends well when reapplied. I use the napoleon concealer on top of this and then the Natural 2 compact powder foundation on top and my face looks awesome. This product makes my face look amazing and gives it full coverage. This works the best with all Napoleon Perdis face products. I will keep using this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2014 7:01:00 AM More reviews by Jessicaantonio1

This foundation is the best by FAR!! I bought this an it literally lasted me 10-11months! And i wear it fairly thick (i rub the stick over my entire face then blend in) and everytime i leave the house. The coverage is flawless and its long lasting (morning till evening it still looks great!) I got my sister onto it an she agrees that its amazing! Ppl always ask wat foundation it is coz it is so perfect. It can feel a little bit dry if you dont use a primer but it wont stop me from buying again :) iv never had a break out from it so im very pleased with this foundation..absolutely love it!! Best iv used :D

Pro's:

Medium to full flawless coverage
Super long lasting (all day/night)
Resists water/sweat/tears lol
Lasts months
Wont smash as its plastic not glass
Easy application

Con's:

A bit pricey ($70 AUD) especially wen you use it with camera finish powder like i do which costs $65 AUD....BUT.....the products last ages so its kind of not that bad.

I'll continue buying an recommending this product!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/11/2014 1:06:00 AM More reviews by Caandicelee

Don't get me wrong this foundation has amazing coverage but it just didn't go good with my skin at all. My skin looked so oily and horrible with this. Definitely do not recommend people with oily or combination skin to try this. And it was such a mess to apply, it felt so heavy but the napeleon make up girls told me to mix it in with the primer they had, it did work it felt a lot better but just didn't make my skin look nice at all. Now I'm using true match by lo'real and it's amazing!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2013 4:29:00 AM More reviews by ckb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I purchased this at the recommendation of the MUA at Ulta. I wanted something to cover spots and blemishes. I cringed at the hefty price tag but figured I would give it a try because I knew I could always return it if it didn't work out.

This worked like a charm for blemishes. You can use this as a foundation, too -- blended lightly over your entire face with a foundation brush. When used as a foundation, it made my skin look practically flawless. I even tried it as an under eye concealer -- not so great for that. It settled in my fine lines and looked cakey.

My problem with this product was that I never knew if it was going to be creamy or dry. Every time I opened the casing, I never got the same consistency. My finger would sometimes glide smoothly across and it would apply very creamy. Other times, it was like rubbing my finger over a parched tongue (gross, I know). I did like the way it looked on my skin, but for an unpredictable blemish/spot concealer -- the $40 price tag was a little too steep for me. I know that I can conceal my blemishes for $10 or less. I took it back.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2013 10:26:00 PM More reviews by asianbebydoll

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have oily skin and this was recommended to me by a gay friend of mine he used it to cover up his tattoos on his neck for work purposes. I have to say i love this stuff.. IF anything else I will wear this plus some matte powder on top some mascara and gloss and im good to go. I love this stuff and it lasts forever. Im barely finishing my 1st stick and still going strong a little goes a long way!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/8/2012 6:38:00 AM More reviews by maryberry94

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Basically this foundation is ONE, HOT, OILY, GREASY MESS! Definetley not for oily skin, not even combination skin! Only someone with super dry skin can use this as there skin might suck up the oil basically. The colour range is horrible and this oxidises badly, I found with all Napoleon foundation when you add more than 1 pump you end up orange by the arvo. Definetley not re-purchasing!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/23/2012 6:50:00 PM More reviews by Aricas01

When i first bought this product and used it for the first time, i was relieved because it worked perfectly for me. It made my skin flawless and it covered my dark circles and red spots PERFECTLY. i absolutely loved it. i don't wear make up everyday so i only used it maybe three times a week. after the first week of using it, i got a few bumps around my upper nose and a few bumps on my forehead. i NEVER ever ever break out on my forehead. So i got a little suspicious, but it was so expensive that i didnt want to believe that this was making me break out. So a few weeks later i used it again and this time i started getting pimples on my cheeks and chin. again i ignored it because it worked so good. But a few weeks ago, I had to get my ID taken for school and i used it all over my face, like two layers, and the next day i broke out so bad that there wasnt a clear spot on my face. I was horrified. My face was absolutely so clear before i started using it. And now my "acne" still hasnt gone away. Maybe i had an allergic reaction. I dont know. But if you have sensitive skin, i wouldnt try this product. Fortunately, Ulta gave me store credit after i returned it because it was over the 60 day limit and i hadnt used half the foundation stick. Now i am trying the revlon photo finish concealer and it's way cheaper.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/1/2012 5:42:00 PM More reviews by sabrinarose1990

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love and hate this foundation for several reasons. Firstly, it provides AMAZING coverage, like no other foundation does, even better (as in easier to apply and no need to layer) than MAC's full coverage foundation. I have tried them all, DIOR liquid foundations of nude, forever and sculpt (very good, but pricey and not a lot of coverage), MAC foundation sticks, Bobbi Brown foundation sticks, Smashbox ALL BUT nothing compares to this one in terms of coverage. I have acne prone, but dry skin and this is the only thing that covers my scars, recurring pimples, etc. However, this foundation does tend to get oily VERY quickly and patchy, so if you tend to have oily prone skin, I would stay away or if you're oily but not excessively so, use this foundation but make sure you powder really well after. I have given it a two though because it gets patchy very quickly on me. However if I was going to an event and knew I would be photographed I'd wear this just because of the flawless coverage. It's just that for every day I don't want to have to worry about it transferring (I have way better things to spend time thinking about). For an event though I'd consciously resist touching my face and check on my skin every hour or so. I am an NC10-15, and I use look 2 in summer and winter, but I just change my finishing powder, so in summer I use a darker finishing powder (DIORSKIN nude in sable rose) and in winter a paler powder (DIORKSIN nude in Beige praline).
By the way, it has not broken me out with new cases of acne, so I would say it's 'acne proof' as my skin breaks out super easy

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2012 4:43:00 PM More reviews by lilinah

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

NOTE: Of 8 colors + a bronzer available in Napoleon Perdis Stick Foundation, ONLY THREE have SPF 8: B2 (porcelain); 2 (medium-light); B3 (light to medium). If you are using a different color, your review should be in the listing without SPF 8.
This is near HG foundation for me, giving sheer to medium to full coverage, depending on how i apply it, with a fairly natural looking finish.
My somewhat dry skin is pale neutral, but i have dark patches on both sides of my jaw and rosacea pink cheeks, so i am really multi-colored :-) I have been searching for a medium to full coverage foundation, with a finish not so matte it looks like drought ravaged my face. I tested dozens of very nice foundations, most fairly high end to very high end, that felt good and had a nice finish, but were not my color - many warm toned bases were too yellow, while most cool bases were too pink.
My color in NP stick, Look B2, described as porcelain. While B2 appears light neutral, once on me it looks a tad too pink. But after blending out it is not strikingly off-tone. It evens out my skin tone, although it doesn't hide everything. But i can build the coverage to almost completely hide the discolorations without feeling like it is suffocating my skin. For performances i sometimes top this with a dusting of powder, MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Light Plus, or Light Sunshine Beauty Powder. But this isn't really necessary for normal wear, as it dries to a creamy-powdery finish without accenting every wrinkle.
The creamy stick is easy to use, and nicely portable, unlike so many powders and liquid bottles. I just swipe it on my face in a few places and blend out with my fingers, although the box says to use a brush. It doesn't feel greasy - a problem with old-style stick foundations - and, although it does contain beeswax, it doesn't feel waxy, either. This is *way* better than some other foundations i have tried that set so dry i looked like a mummy, even with moisturizer and primer (MAC Studio Sculpt, i'm lookin' at you). I haven't tried this with primer yet, but so far, unless it is terribly hot and humid, it lasts for hours. And being portable, it's easy to touch up.
Some here have complained that it is thick, greasy, and hard to blend, but i suspect they have just applied way too much. I get medium coverage of my whole face with just a few short light swipes: on each cheek, on my cheek bones, each jaw near the ear, chin, and center forehead; then easily blend out with my fingers - i haven't tried with a brush yet, but i guess i'm kind of old-school. Once blended, i may then give a second swipe over the dark discolorations on my jaws & cheeks.
My package/box differs from that pictured, being black, but the scrolly floral pattern is similar. The shiny black plastic tube that holds the foundation picks up finger prints, but, enh (shrug), so what. (i only mention this because so many others here remark how their dirty fingerprints show up on various makeup cases). It is a bit expensive, but a little goes a long way, and it will be quite a while before i use this one up.
I have been pleasantly surprised because people have been commenting on how nice my skin looks when i'm wearing this. I am *very* happy with it and don't feel any need to consider looking at another brand until i use this one up.
EDIT: I am now using Lancome Renergie Lift liquid foundation, which is light, soothing and moisturizing, and IS my HG foundation. I still use this stick as a concealer. First i apply the Lancome foundation and blend it out well. Then over dark spots that show through i swipe on this stick and blend.