July 28, 2014 | 1743 users online

Fragrances - Annick Goutal - Gardenia Passion

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2013 3:30:00 PM More reviews by dlgdcpa

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

Firstly, I have this in EDP and it is the longest wearing of all the AG fragrances. But what I really like is the smell of a beautiful gardenia and slightly jasmine garden after a rain. It smells just like that, a garden in the morning after showers. It stays on very well, unlike most AG fragances. It is for a feminime and mature woman of at least 38, one with a black dress and pearls only. Tasteful and lovely in a strong way, not shy at all but not de classe' such as the new FlowerBomb or even Angel. Years ahead and behind both of those. You won't regret this if you are a subtle, silent but strong woman.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 10/24/2012 2:37:00 PM More reviews by debrsl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Topnotes of dank garden; unpleasant. It's much better once they burn off, but even so, the gardenia doesn't seem very true to life. Not very lush or deep.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2012 11:22:00 AM More reviews by artemistzitzikilakis

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I am suprised this does not have a better review. But her fragrances are more subtle. This was described to me as an "intense flroral" and the Eau De Parfum lasts much longer than her other scents. I think it is really beautiful.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/16/2012 5:12:00 PM More reviews by lacou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Another reviewer is right: there is a much truer gardenia note in Un Matin d'Orage. Truer in the sense that there, you will actually smell gardenia! I'm sad to say that I get none from this. In UMd'O you will find that wet, "white" gardenia scent, whereas in Gardenia Passion I find something dank and very unrefreshing. I am a gardenia lover, and this I am sad to say is a no-go for me. Good thing I only purchased a small 15ml bottle to try. Up for swap it goes.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/23/2011 1:01:00 AM More reviews by Skylar100

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I adored Annick Goutal Gardenia Passion when I first tried it and it smells wonderful when you first spray it on. However, very quickly the scent becomes powdery and completely loses its fragrance in 2 hours. I have timed it! Would not purchase this expensive scent again or recommend it to anyone unless the manufacturer changes its consistency or longevity beyond 90 minutes. I would recommend Flower Bomb if you like florals. The scent has staying power and is very clean. Less orginal than wearing a Gardenia scent but at least it will last!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/16/2011 12:38:00 AM More reviews by trayw86

I love the smell of gardenia flowers. This smells somewhat like them when I sniff the bottle but still not true gardenia for me however it is a nice enough scent. The reason I'm not to particularly fond of this scent though is when I spray it on myself I think my body chemistry or something effects it as I get a very noticeable pepper smell that overwhelms the beautiful florals to the point that I can't stand it (I once owned Songes as well and had the same effect when I sprayed it on myself so I guess Annick Goutal fragrances just don't agree with me).

rated 3 of 5 on 11/28/2010 10:23:00 PM More reviews by fuji1221

this white flower is too sweet for me and not fresh enough

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2010 9:19:00 PM More reviews by msm4slm

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I get absolutely NO GARDENIA from this one! What Gardenia Passion is is a tuberose softened by a nice powdery accord. That said, this is very nice and fairly wearable for tuberose. No queen bee Fracas, diva Mahora, or slut Blonde, but rather a more easygoing, softened version. Don't purchase this if you are looking for Gardenia: Go for Kai, Monyette Paris or (the ultimate) Van Cleef & Arpels Collection Extraordinaire Gardenia Petale. If you love Annick Goutal, there's a truer gardenia note in Un Matin d'Orage.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2010 7:28:00 AM More reviews by katushka37

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I got this perfume in a set with Grand Amour. I really like Aniick Goutal perfume bottles, for some reasons I think of 60-s and 70's era when I look at them.

The perfume itself is very pretty and classic. It is light yet long lasting. I also find that it opens up fairly quickly and doesn't change much just gradually fades

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2009 5:57:00 PM More reviews by Melloney

Gardenia Passion smells expensive and it smells of some gardenia but mostly tuberose . Still it is a fantastic fragrance, better to me ,in the EDP. Gorgeous but I actually prefer Songes which seems reminiscent of Passion .