Rusk Brilliance Grapefruit and Honey Shampoo

3.0

on 8/18/2015 3:46:00 PM

I am now on my second bottle of the Rusk Sensories Brilliance Sulfate Free Grapefruit and Honey shampoo and i like it very much for the following reasons:

1. It is sulfate free; does not suds like a sulfate shampoo, so don't expect it to. I like the fact that it is sulfate free and thick in consistency. A little goes a long way for my fine, mid-back blonde-highlighted brunette hair.

2. The scent is amazing! I am very sensitive to fragrances and this has a light scent that is not obnoxious and does not remain on my hair for very long; I wash my hair about every three days. I have not tried the matching conditioner, but I use TRESemme Moisture Rich with Vitamin E Luxurious Moisture Conditioner, and the two combined work great for me. My hair is very soft and full for two to three days. I do switch off with other shampoos and conditioners about every two weeks to avoid product buildup.

3. Cost: It is a pricier shampoo but I get mine when Ulta has their semi annual liter sale. I have not tried the matching conditioner because it is a leave-in conditioner and with my fine hair, I am wary of leave in conditioners.

on 6/28/2010 12:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This shampoo does the job, it cleanses and smells nice (citrusy and sweet) and doesnt fade my hair color or highlights. I find it a little bit drying for my hair (naturally curly, fine, dry, over processed hair). I am more into moisturizing shampoos at the moment. But when I do need a really good cleanse I will use this.

on 6/9/2010 1:50:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought the shampoo and conditioner a few days ago. My first relatively expenisive shampoo purchase and a dissatisfying one at that. The smell isn't bad but it makes my hair into a big poof ball, tangled and frizzy mess. It doesn't seem to improve the color of my hair but make it dull.

on 3/6/2010 3:09:00 PM

I purchased this shampoo to preserve my dark brown hair color. The smell is iffy- I would think it was OK, but then it would smell odd. My husband wasn't impressed with the smell and he usually likes everything. I did not use it long enough to see the effect on hair color. After a couple weeks I realized that my roots were always greasy and my baby fine hair was flatter and flatter. I increased to washing every day and used no conditioner or any styling products at all- just this shampoo. Still greasy! Actually I never experienced a shampoo that could give me greasy hair so it took me a while to figure this out. I guess I always assumed if you use a shampoo it would wash your hair. Pretty silly assumption! Definitely buy this shampoo if you don't really want to wash your hair and prefer dirty greasy roots with a stringy look. Still looking for a color protective shampoo that will wash my hair and maybe give a liitle volume.

on 1/1/2010 12:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I smell neither grapefruit or honey and can't isolate exactly what the fragrance of this shampoo is, the scent isn't offensive but not pleasant either. I have very fine highlighted hair with dry ends and oily scalp. When I use moisturizing shampoos my scalp rarely feels clean and my ends are weighted down. I don't wash my hair everyday, another no no for fine color treated locks...this shampoo seems to address my issues. My scalp is cleansed but not stripped and my ends are not weighed down. Surprisingly I do see more shine in my hair. I purchased this at my local CVS on sale from $12.99 down to $9.99 and had a $1.00 coupon bringing my 33.8 fl oz bottle to $8.99 plus tax. I've been using this about a 2 weeks and so far so good. I so see how this could become drying if too much product is used too often. So far I'm happy with this shampoo a little goes a long way and the scent doesn't linger.

on 9/14/2009 9:52:00 PM

I love changing my hair color with pretty much every season that comes so my hair is exposed to a lot of chemicals. My aunt introduced me to this product about 2 months ago and I like it so far. I have an oily scalp and this shampoo leaves it feeling squeaky clean. I love the fresh citrus-y smell, too. I also like that I can make a rich, foamy lather out of a small dollop and some water. Its not very moisturizing, so I make sure to apply extra conditioner on my ends when I use this shampoo. I don't know if its the 'protection' in this shampoo or my conditioner, but my split ends have lessened, even the stylist pointed out that I didn't have that many split ends for all the layers in my hair. It also works great with the leave-in conditioner of the same brand. I think I will be repurchasing.

on 7/30/2008 10:40:00 PM

I wish I had read reviews before I spent $15 on this. First off, it smells like vomit. Secondly, it was utterly stripping and drying on my hair. I felt like the scarecrow while blow drying my hair. I would not even use this again as a clarifier. It is too harsh, awful smelling and damaging.

I got this for my hair which I recently dyed black. I don't know how it does with color protecting hair because no matter what shampoo I use the dye seems to come out, but it does smell good, and it cleans my very oily hair well. After using it my hair feels smooth, looks shiny, and feels clean.

on 4/17/2008 4:06:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This shampoo works well on my oily hair. It keeps my moisturized as well.. It also works well for my new brownish color. I don't find the two scents compliments each other.. it smells rather weird.

on 12/24/2007 8:06:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Yuck. Left my hair dry and straw-like and i was NOT crazy about the smell. There was nothing grapefruit or honey-like about it. You can buy drugstore brands for far cheaper and achieve much better results. .

Top Rated Rusk Products