October 1, 2014 | 1840 users online

Shampoo - Rusk - Brilliance Grapefruit and Honey Shampoo

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2010 12:23:00 PM More reviews by Angeldoll

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This shampoo does the job, it cleanses and smells nice (citrusy and sweet) and doesnt fade my hair color or highlights. I find it a little bit drying for my hair (naturally curly, fine, dry, over processed hair). I am more into moisturizing shampoos at the moment. But when I do need a really good cleanse I will use this.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2010 1:50:00 AM More reviews by rubii00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought the shampoo and conditioner a few days ago. My first relatively expenisive shampoo purchase and a dissatisfying one at that. The smell isn't bad but it makes my hair into a big poof ball, tangled and frizzy mess. It doesn't seem to improve the color of my hair but make it dull.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/6/2010 3:09:00 PM More reviews by Principesa

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I purchased this shampoo to preserve my dark brown hair color. The smell is iffy- I would think it was OK, but then it would smell odd. My husband wasn't impressed with the smell and he usually likes everything. I did not use it long enough to see the effect on hair color. After a couple weeks I realized that my roots were always greasy and my baby fine hair was flatter and flatter. I increased to washing every day and used no conditioner or any styling products at all- just this shampoo. Still greasy! Actually I never experienced a shampoo that could give me greasy hair so it took me a while to figure this out. I guess I always assumed if you use a shampoo it would wash your hair. Pretty silly assumption! Definitely buy this shampoo if you don't really want to wash your hair and prefer dirty greasy roots with a stringy look. Still looking for a color protective shampoo that will wash my hair and maybe give a liitle volume.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/1/2010 12:00:00 PM More reviews by Lepin

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I smell neither grapefruit or honey and can't isolate exactly what the fragrance of this shampoo is, the scent isn't offensive but not pleasant either. I have very fine highlighted hair with dry ends and oily scalp. When I use moisturizing shampoos my scalp rarely feels clean and my ends are weighted down. I don't wash my hair everyday, another no no for fine color treated locks...this shampoo seems to address my issues. My scalp is cleansed but not stripped and my ends are not weighed down. Surprisingly I do see more shine in my hair. I purchased this at my local CVS on sale from $12.99 down to $9.99 and had a $1.00 coupon bringing my 33.8 fl oz bottle to $8.99 plus tax. I've been using this about a 2 weeks and so far so good. I so see how this could become drying if too much product is used too often. So far I'm happy with this shampoo a little goes a long way and the scent doesn't linger.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2009 9:52:00 PM More reviews by blanky

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love changing my hair color with pretty much every season that comes so my hair is exposed to a lot of chemicals. My aunt introduced me to this product about 2 months ago and I like it so far. I have an oily scalp and this shampoo leaves it feeling squeaky clean. I love the fresh citrus-y smell, too. I also like that I can make a rich, foamy lather out of a small dollop and some water. Its not very moisturizing, so I make sure to apply extra conditioner on my ends when I use this shampoo. I don't know if its the 'protection' in this shampoo or my conditioner, but my split ends have lessened, even the stylist pointed out that I didn't have that many split ends for all the layers in my hair. It also works great with the leave-in conditioner of the same brand. I think I will be repurchasing.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/30/2008 10:40:00 PM More reviews by bunnie07

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I wish I had read reviews before I spent $15 on this. First off, it smells like vomit. Secondly, it was utterly stripping and drying on my hair. I felt like the scarecrow while blow drying my hair. I would not even use this again as a clarifier. It is too harsh, awful smelling and damaging.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2008 8:19:00 PM More reviews by dominiquealis

I got this for my hair which I recently dyed black. I don't know how it does with color protecting hair because no matter what shampoo I use the dye seems to come out, but it does smell good, and it cleans my very oily hair well. After using it my hair feels smooth, looks shiny, and feels clean.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2008 4:06:00 PM More reviews by Aprial

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This shampoo works well on my oily hair. It keeps my moisturized as well.. It also works well for my new brownish color. I don't find the two scents compliments each other.. it smells rather weird.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/24/2007 8:06:00 PM More reviews by lmf102

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Yuck. Left my hair dry and straw-like and i was NOT crazy about the smell. There was nothing grapefruit or honey-like about it. You can buy drugstore brands for far cheaper and achieve much better results. .

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/15/2007 10:41:00 AM More reviews by laumar27

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this shampoo because I'm always looking for something that will brighten my golden blonde hair. I have a lot of brassiness in my hair due to the fact that a lot of the "gold" tones in my hair have an underlying reddish tone. The grapefruit and honey shampoo did a good job toning down some of that unwanted brassiness. The smell is decent - nothing offensive, but not that appealing either. I didn't notice any severe drying, yet it is not overly moisturizing. If your hair lacks moisture, you may want to try another formula.