Cover Girl Clean Liquid Makeup Oil Control

3.0

Price: $

Price: $

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Propylene Glycol, Talc, Glycerin, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Cetyl Ethylhexanoate, Cyclomethicone, Magnesium Sulfate, Silica, Laureth 7, Arachidyl Behenate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Trihydroxystearin, Propylparaben, Methicone, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Methylparaben, Synthetic Wax, Trisodium EDTA, Ethylene Brassylate, Stearic Acid, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Micap

on 3/16/2015 2:02:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Pros.: controls shine, doesn't clog pores, doesn't settle in creases, doesn't have a scent, bottle lasts long time, inexpensive, and always in stock at various stores.

Cons.: inconvenient packaging, comes off easily (which can be among pros when taking it off at the end of the day), hard to blend, oxidises (turns into a darker shade after couple hours), mostly for cool or neutral skin tones.

I've been using this foundation for about 5 years now. I've tried many high end foundations which claim to control shine, brands like Lancome and Clinique, for example; drug store ones like Neutrogena, Physicians Formula or Maybeline. Nothing worked for me, but this foundation. It controls shine for about five hours giving a semi matte coverage. I've been coming back to it just because nothing else worked even close to it, but of course it is far from perfect. The biggest con of it is that it becomes one shade darker as the day goes by, that's why I usually buy the lightest or second to lightest shade. Also, it seems like all light shades have more pink than yellow, which works for me, but might not work for some people with warm skin tone.

Bottom line it does the job: controls shine and covers acne without making it worse, but you must use a primer first like L'oreal Magic Perfecting Base, for example, for better coverage.

on 2/28/2015 8:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I wanted really badly to like this product, but.. nope. I have oily, acne-prone skin, yellow undertones, and acne scarring on one cheek. I was not a big fan of Covergirl products until I tried their Ready, Set, Gorgeous foundation (which is amazzzing) because I've been looking for more basic foundations that were labeled oil-free and suitable for sensitive skin, so I thought I would give this a try too!

To begin, the range in colors is very limited, so I got the darkest available at Target, which was Soft Honey. I figured if it wasn't a good match I could use bronzer to balance it out. Welp, it was still too light, and definitely has pink undertones (cool), so that was useless. Secondly, the packaging is horrible.. it doesn't have a pump, and the foundation takes FOREVER to come out, so you sit there for like five minutes shaking it and hitting it on your palm just to get a little dab, so that was rather annoying and not good when you're in a rush.
Thirdly, the consistency is just..not good. It's really runny and thin, has veeery minimal coverage, isn't very build-able, and definitely does NOT dry matte..feels and looks a bit greasy. And yes, within two hours my face looked and felt slick and oily.. so the oil-control claim wasn't lived up to.
And finally.. it broke me out :( I don't know what to do with it because I don't want to waste my money throwing it out, so I'll give it a few more goes, but I am definitely not repurchasing.

For you girls with oily, acne-prone skin who want a decently lasting foundation that dries more matte and medium to full coverage, I definitely recommend Covergirl's "Ready, Set, Gorgeous" liquid foundation, but not this.

on 2/19/2015 11:02:00 AM

I have extremely sensitive skin, like to the point that I can feel a breakout within minutes of applying a new product. I have tried EVERYTHING under the sun including MAC, Stila, Sweet Leilani, Vincent Longo, various drug store products.. and ironically the cheapest brand I have ever purchased is the only brand that will not break me out. I went from spending 35-60 dollars a bottle to 6 flippin dollars. AMAZING. It gives me just the right amount of coverage I need for day-to-day, the finish is perfect. It's light-weight, the shade matches just about perfectly. I would agree with most of the other reviews when I say a pump would make it perfect but I just tap in on the back of my hand a few times and it comes out. Highly recommend to anyone looking for affordable foundation with good coverage. However, if you're looking for a studio finish makeup, this is not the stuff for you.

on 12/24/2014 5:49:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I did enjoy this foundation (Soft Honey)(I also bought the powder along with it). It has medium coverage, and gives you a semi-matte finish (not too matte, almost natural look). After a few hours (around 3) it began feeling greasy (with powder on top). It's an ok foundation. I like the look of it, but I would only use it if I just need to go somewhere for around 1-2 hours (like the store or run a quick errand).

on 7/30/2014 11:11:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Promises:
- Wisk away shine, it is designed for oily complexions
- Unscented, hypoallergenic, oil free and suitable for sensitive skin
- Matte and clean finish

The foundation comes in a glass bottle with 30 mL, with no pump which is quite sad, because the packaging SUCKS. I don't want to be rude, but it actually sucks. The consistency of the foundation is super thick, which doesn't mean it doesn't blend out nicely, yet it is hard to get out of the bottle. After a few days I decided to start using the back of my eyeliner brush to get the product out, which it's working so far, but you have to be realy careful when finding an alternative to get the product out, keeping your tool clean and stuff to avoid contaminating the foundation. Once the product is out of the bottle it is very easy to work with, it blends out nicely, I have tried it with a Beauty Blender and my Real Tecniques Stippling brush, and both of them work quite well. The smell is no diferent from the Outlast Stay Fabulous 3 in 1 foundation, so it smells a bit like paint, yet I like it, it isn't awful.
The coverage is medium but it is pretty buildable, it has never looked cakey and I have built it to full coverage. It has a matte and really natural finish, it truly makes your skin look very clean and radiant, I LOVE THE FINISH. I set it with powder always, for Covergirl recomends so, and after all it is an oily skin foundation and if your skin is oily, you certainly want to seal it with powder. I'm sure it Works even better with a primer, I haven't tried it so far.
The color range is good, yet (once again) not every shade is available here in Mexico, which is awful. The darkest shade they bring here is Soft Honey 555, which is one shade lighter than my Covergirl shade, yet, it worked. If you have trouble finding your shade you can use this amazing website I found recently: http://findation.com/ it's really helpfull for finding your foundation shade on so many trademarks.
The staying power of this foundation is not awesome, not as good as I expected when I bought it, it is supposed to control oily skin and so it does, but it isn't as efficent as I thought I'd be. It can't control my oily nose (my skin isn't too oily), yet it worked out with the rest of my face. I don't think it is really an alternative for girls who are seeking for a foundation to control their oily skin, perhaps if you carry rice paper or your pressed powder to help you out.
About the unscented, oil free and hypoallergenic things, I believe they're all true (except the scent, but I wrote about that before). I bought this foundation for this last couple of months I have been having acné, which is totally weird because I have never had that sort of problem. So I started searching for a drugstore foundation that could help me out with the acné, suitable for sensitive skin and I bought this after watching a video on YouTube and my skin problems are going away.
I will definitely buy again, the finish has become my favourite by far and the staying power is very good, it controls oil (but it isn't a miracle product) and it is very cheap. I like the smell too. The only con is that the packaging really sucks :/

on 7/26/2014 9:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is my usual foundation. I own it in the lightest colour but it's still a tad too dark for me. I just have to make sure I blend it into my neck well so that it isn't obvious. Coverage is good but I always end up needing concealer unless my skin is clear. I find it doesn't do much for oil control. I have moderate oily skin and I still end up looking dewy at the end of the day. The only problem I have with the packaging is that it's hard to get product out sometimes, especially when it's running low...
But overall, I still end up coming back because decent coverage and it doesn't break me out of worsen my existing acne.

on 6/24/2014 2:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I've been searching for the perfect foundation for some time now, this is just another frog. The item does nothing for oil control, if anything, it's a little oily. It does not promote pimple growth or make me break out, so that's good news. It's a foundation, it does the job, but it's not awesome.

on 6/23/2014 1:06:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Basic but good product at a price that everyone can afford. I love this one as well as the regular and sensitive skin. Have used the oily one for work and it's not bad-it kept well till lunch hour in an air conditioned office.
No pump. But it's ok, I pour a bit on back of hand and apply with fingers, sponge or brush. Never have smelled like it was contaminated. If it got a little wet around the neck, I use alcohol to wipe and move on. A lot of shades and I like that they have added darker tones under the Queen line. Lots and lots of color I have mixed shades to adapt to color of my skin during the change of seasons.
And I just love that CG smell- it's like been in my use since way back in 8th grade. Bottle has never been broken when dropped and one of the few that I can honestly tell that have used to end. No complaints
I would rate all the these basic foundations A+

on 6/16/2014 9:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My mother has used this foundation for years and years. So when I ran out of a more expensive foundation that I had, I used this to save some money. Now I am 17, and I have pretty good skin, despite it being fairly sensitive. I'm not normally prone to acne at all aside from the occasional small blemish. I decided to try this since it worked for my mom. I used it for a few weeks, and was disappointed when I started gradually getting more and more acne like I was in puberty all over again. I continued to use this (I didn't realize this was what was giving me acne). I was getting cystic acne on my cheeks, big painful blemishes that left red acne marks on my face for months until they faded. Once I realized this was what was giving me the acne, I went out and bought my normal Clinique Stay Matte foundation. At almost $30, it's not cheap. But my face returned to normal and I no longer get any acne. And the oil absorbing power is better than the Cover Girl. The Cover Girl also oxidizes pretty bad and dries darker than it goes on.

on 6/16/2014 3:43:00 PM

This is my usual foundation, it matches my skin tone very well (I bought the buff biege) and it has a nice matte look with just enough coverage to cover up my acne and light scarring but still feel light. My skin does end up oily again after a few hours though. A lot of foundations make me break out but this one does not. The texture is nice, not too runny, not too thick. I use the Clean Oil Control powder on top and my skin feels soft and has a nice matte finish. If I start sweating a lot it's basically over. The cheap price makes it continue to be my regular everyday choice. I'd like it more if it had perhaps a little more coverage and lasted longer.

Also I hate the bottle it comes in. It's so hard to get it out, even with a brand new full bottle. You have to shake it like crazy.