December 21, 2014 | 1398 users online

Eye Shadow - Bobbi Brown - Eye Shadow - Sable

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2013 6:48:00 PM More reviews by Jen19722

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

It looks like a medium basic brown in the pan. Nothing fancy at all. I looked at it multiple times and passed on even trying it on. I finally tried it on and was amazed on how it makes my green eyes look. There are several Bobbi Brown eyeshadows that all look the same to me but look different when applied. My favorite are Cement, Taupe and Sable. Sable is my favorite color for my crease.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2013 5:35:00 PM More reviews by RebeccaThomson

I love this eyeshadow! It is a matte medium brown colour and the colour pay off is good. I use this both as an eyeshadow and also sometimes on my brows. I mainly like to put this in my crease and along my bottom lash line. This product will definitely last you years,Overall I am pleased with this purchase!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2012 9:56:00 PM More reviews by sabrinarose1990

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this. It is such a versatile product. Mine has lasted 4 years and still is nowhere near to finishing. I use this as an eyeshadow and eyebrow powder. As an eyeshadow I use it in my crease or as a middle color underneath my crease. It is a truly neutral brown…not too dark and not too light. It makes my blue eyes pop. I use an angled eyebrow pencil and use this to fill in my brows. I have black hair and this is natural looking but can be built up darker. I used to use the smashbox brow tech powder in brunette for my brows but you get way less product for about the same price, so Bobbi Brown’s is worth every penny. Love it

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2011 12:28:00 AM More reviews by tinkerrbelle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Sable is a matte medium brown with a slight ginger undertone. People are suggesting Sable is a great eye-brow filler for brunettes with no red or orange undertones. But this is so wrong for me! I've tried it with blonde, light golden brown, medium ash-brown and henna-tinted hair and Sable has never looked natural with any of them. Too "made-up", fake, wierd and gingery for my brows. Plus it gives my skin a sickly sallow appearance. Like the time I tinted my brows with henna to match my hair is what Sable does for me!! For brows I prefer "Blonde" when my hair is lighter or I want a softer brow (medium ashy taupe brown) or "Mahogany" when my hair is darker or I want a strongly defined brow. Both appear more natural on brows in my experience.

I'm using Sable to top-set dark brown eye liners, or for wet-lining eyes (I am quite pale so its dark enough for me). I also use it in the outer "V" for depth. Its too "muddy" for my crease, I prefer Taupe. Its lighter with a slight peach undertone which complements my fair warm skin plus brightens my blue eyes more. I won't re-purchase Sable when finished.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2011 11:10:00 PM More reviews by henrysmom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Silver, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is the only eyeshadow in my 50+ years that I have hit pan on and re-bought. It is a perfect neutral medium brown that is extremely flattering to my green eyes. I wear it nearly every day as for my basic eye look. I wear it over the lid with dark brown eyeliner. I used bone as a base or highlighter. Althought I usually wear eyeshadow primer, it is long lasting even without it. Some have said it's "too basic" and easily duped, but I've never found a color exactly like it on my eyes and hope they never discontinue it. I rated it 5 overall, but it is expensive for the small pan, but it lasts forever and is a good value for me..

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2011 2:39:00 AM More reviews by CuddleBear

I love this eyeshadow. Perfect for day and night. Highly recommended :()

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2010 8:24:00 PM More reviews by beachmo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been using Sable for years. This is a nice neutral dark brown that looks great in the crease. I also use it as an eyeliner by dipping my brush in a little bit of water and then dipping the brush in the compact. I also use it for brow filler.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/11/2009 8:30:00 AM More reviews by kellysha

This looks totally natural on me. I tried Slate and this colour. Slate looked like I had eye makeup while Sable didnt. Hence, I bought this instead. Overall I like it and would buy it again..

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2009 8:23:00 PM More reviews by kimorris

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a lovely neutral, matte medium brown with no red undertones in it (unlike Cocoa). I love the versatility of this colour - eyes, brows, contouring. I mostly just use this for contouring and it's perfect on my cool, fair-medium toned complexion. The colour is buildable and blends out beautifully. I got this in the discontinued round pan so I didn't have to pay too much for it. The quality is good - nice texture, good colour payoff, and there's a decent amount of product in the pan so this will last a while.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2009 11:46:00 PM More reviews by sweetcg49

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Sable is a nice simple medium brown. It can be worn on the lids or in the crease for depth. It can be blended with lots of other shades. A great basic color. Beautiful texture.