July 28, 2014 | 1417 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Bath and Body Works - Warm Vanilla Sugar Body Butter

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2013 9:10:00 PM More reviews by CandyLatte

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this body butter, it smells like vanilla frosting and it is very moisturizing for my skin. A little pricey but I wanted to try it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2013 3:24:00 PM More reviews by blondebum

Body butter has been a heaven scent product for my body, especially for my knees and elbows. During the summer when i wear shorts and dresses i find that my skin is very dry and my legs tend to look very ashy. This body butter is so hydrating and smells absolutely delicious. It smells so good i almost want to eat it haha.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2013 4:11:00 PM More reviews by lucyschenk

Love this product! It makes my skin feel so silky and smooth. The product is a very thick lotion and the scent is very subtle but lingers on your skin. Great for people with dry skin. I use it after the shower and leaves y skin soft all day even when i dont shave.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2011 7:11:00 PM More reviews by gpgroupie1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I originally got the Warm Vanilla Sugar hand soap, body spray and lotion, as a gift and I hated it. I hate the way it smelled. To sweet and too much of a single note.

Well, one day, I was killing some time while waiting for my friends and wandered into Bath and Body Works. I generally don't like the shop, everything smells synthetic to me.

Well, I thought I knew what it smelled like, but something compelled me to smell the body butter anyway. To my utter amazement, the butter has much more of a sophisticated smell, a bit of a nutty, bitter note. I loved it!

I had to ask the S.A. if they had changed the formula, and she told me that they had. Well, considering how much I hated the original, I was surprised the new smell got me to purchase this butter.

The butter feels nice, not greasy, and does a good job hydrating! It's a winner!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2011 5:12:00 PM More reviews by eaugirlspirit

This is perhaps the best body butter I've tried. The scent, the consistency, the aftermath- it's fabulous. I feel like I'm dipping my hands in rich buttercream when I smooth this on, and it has a nice dark vanilla scent that is very subtle. I actually wish it was stronger. It's exactly what I want in a body butter!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/18/2009 9:08:00 PM More reviews by tripleL

1) I love how this smells, which is why I bought it but 2) I like that it is very, very thick and quite moisturizing. I have never tried any of Bath and Body Works' other moisturizers. The smell is not overly strong when you put it on.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2009 11:25:00 AM More reviews by canadiancutie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I like the B&BW Warm Vanilla Sugar fragrance, but this doesn't smell like it at all. I don't know what ingredient is in it that causes this, but it doesn't smell like the other products in the line. It doesn't smell bad, but the main reason I bought it was to layer it under my fragrance to enhance the smell and make it last longer. So it's not going to be very helpful to me.
It is very moisturizing and a little goes a long way, but it's actually very greasy. I would only recommend this for people with extremely dry skin.
Because of greasiness and the smell issue I will not repurchase.
UPDATE: I was reading the ingredients today and this has petroleum in it, that's why it's greasy. So basically you are putting creamy, scented vaseline on your skin.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2009 12:34:00 AM More reviews by Abrial

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Ok so my mother got this for me, and now she actually uses it, the scent itself gave me migranes...and whenever she wears it around me the smell gives me an instant headache and I feel like I'm going to be sick.

The stuff is sooo sickly strong when applied especially after a shower, its a great consistency but its TOO strong

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2009 11:22:00 AM More reviews by Lepin

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my first purchase from B&BW and I'm delighted. First off, I love most vanilla scents but not the super sweet juvenile ones that give all vanilla scents a lousy reputation. This is a very soft sensual vanilla that has an edge due to the unexpected burnt note. Think of the smell that a slightly charred marshmallow has, that's it and I love it. Disreet impact and not foodyat all. What I don't like about this is that the vanilla scent doesn't occlude the shea butter nut smell, which I thoroughly detest. To me shea butter in its pure form smells like rotten produce. Just foul and too earthy crunchy.
I use this at bedtime on my feet, legs and hands and all are so soft and smooth. Even after a few washings the faint scent lingers and it is so lovely. This doesn't compete with other fragrances I wear and works in harmony with Annick Goutals Vanille Exquise and Dior Addict. I bought this for $7 and wish I'd have purchased others. Very concentrated so a little will go a long way. Fine purchase and highly recommended. Took of a lippie for the faintest shea butter note.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2008 10:47:00 AM More reviews by lilamyg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Gross. I thought I would like this but when I put it on the smell gave me a headache. It smells burnt and WAY too strong. Will probably return. Not worth buying.