November 26, 2014 | 1020 users online

Skincare - Face - The Body Shop - Japanese Washing Grain

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2006 12:16:00 AM More reviews by whataworld

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Works well enough as a scrub. I mixed it with my cleanser so it sticks to my face, otherwise it is all over the place. I think it was clogging my sink up a bit too. Bobbi Brown has a version that sells for $50. Perhaps it is milled finer than this one. It is too fussy for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/12/2005 5:04:00 PM More reviews by pinkrevolver

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It gave me a bad breakout and I thought it was too coarse.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/30/2004 5:19:00 PM More reviews by Starler

Works great on my skin. It is the perfect scrub for the face. Can use it alone or mix it in with a regular face wash. Smells a little funny though, so I took off one lippie. I wish it smelled pretty, like lavender or something.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/13/2004 1:17:00 AM More reviews by i_luv_cheesecake

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

The worst exfoliant I've ever used!!! Hate the smell & rough particles too!!! Its too dry for my skin despite reassurance from the SA at The Body Shop. I developed an allergy too!!!

Anyone out there who is considering this should check out Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant instead which I remember is also rice grain. continued >>

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2003 11:39:00 AM More reviews by CWAHED

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really did like this product but it was to rough on my skin. I ended up using it on my body. Nice clean feel afterwards.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2003 11:31:00 AM More reviews by lawjk

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Any idea where i can buy this product again?

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2003 7:10:00 PM More reviews by violet978

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this stuff...it smells not THAT great but i think this is the only product that ever helped get rid of blackheads for real...nice scrub, not too harsh not too gentle..but i haven't seen it around in awhile...they might have stopped selling it!
Oh well, still the best exfoliator i ever used.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/1/2003 11:35:00 PM More reviews by Dranaan

I ADORE this and will work to find it, as it's becoming scarce in the US. I find the grains, made from Azuki beans, to be wonderful as a daily scrub. Very gentle and non-abrasive with great cleansing power. I even like the scent, which leaves no doubt that this is indeed made from real ground beans. I have used it on its own, mixed into creamy cleansers, and mixed into shower gels for an all-over body exfoliation. Love it, love it. I do wish the packaging was a bit better, as the top can get dusty if kept dry and very icky if allowed to get wet. But the wonderful product is worth the packaging. Highly recommended.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2003 3:45:00 AM More reviews by rita33

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Didn't like the packaging too much as it gets 'dusty' after a while. I used this together with massage cream and it brightens up my skin. THough using it almost every day , it didn't cause any breakout. Effective as a scrub.