August 20, 2014 | 1540 users online

Skincare - Body - Nailtiques - Cuticle and Hand Conditioner

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2009 11:23:00 AM More reviews by ilasik

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Has made a significant difference in my cuticles - when I use it regularly hangnails are pretty much gone. I keep it by my bed and if used nightly hands and cuticles are super soft.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2009 12:04:00 PM More reviews by mariannaoust

This is a pretty good hand cream. Iím generally very fickle when it comes to hand creams and Iím never completely satisfied, always on the lookout for something better. So I wonít say that this is HG status for me, as Iím pretty certain that I will never be 100% happy with a hand cream to call it an HG. But this stuff is not bad at all.

It moisturizes very well, my dry hands feel instantly relieved the moment I massage this in. The consistency is not super thick, itís more like a regular lotion, but this stuff is very emollient and a little bit goes a very long way. It does absorb well, not instantly, but within 5-10 minutes any greasiness is gone and my hands are nice velvety soft.

The one thing I really donít like about this lotion is the scent, itís really unpleasant and flowery. But I donít let it affect my rating because itís not too strong and airs out in 15 minutes or so. Generally I can tolerate smells, so Iím not terribly bothered, but if youíre one of those people who is really sensitive I suggest that you sniff before you buy, or even better see if your beauty supply has a tester, because I notice the smell changes a bit with my body chemistry. Otherwise a big thumbs up for this hand cream.

Oh, and the ingredients list is very impressive Ė it has every kind of moisturizing thing I can think of: mineral oil, glycerin, petrolatum, lanolin, aloe extract, jojoba seed oil, urea, etc.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2006 11:45:00 AM More reviews by terri66

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product has been key in my program for growing out my nails, post-acrylic.
I use it 2-3 times a day, including bedtime. I place a dollop in my palm and generously douse my cuticles with it. Next, I scratch my nails over my palm so the cream gets under the nails as well. I then massage the remainder into my hands, and wait as long as possible to rub whatever's left from the globs on my cuticles into the cuticles. My nails are in the best shape ever; I was a childhood biter and then became an acyrlic devotee. At bedtime, I generously repeat the above routine and wear gel-coated gloves while I sleep. Sun damage has improved, I no longer have granny hands, and I am proud of my progress in the past 10 months. The scent is pleasant compared to other glycerin-heavy products I have used. Highly recommended. You can find it at Walgreen's, CVS, and many nail salons. Great for pedicures as well!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2006 11:13:00 AM More reviews by wunverdoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

The pros are this is a very moisterising hand cream, a little goes a long way and you get a fair bit for what you pay but the cons were the smell is absolutely disgusting so i will not be purchasing this again. The smell made me feel quite nauseus

rated 5 of 5 on 11/9/2005 3:27:00 PM More reviews by undine24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have to disagree with the previous reviewer--nailtiques cuticle and hand conditioner smells divine. (Yes, I realize that this is a subjective matter. :) nailtiques (yes, the lowercase "n" is intentional) products are, in general, very, very, nice, and the cuticle and hand conditioner is no exception. Like the previous reviewer said, it moisturizes like nobody's business--partially because it contains mineral oil and petrolatum, so be warned if you're a very eco-conscious person. It even contains retinol(!!!) for exfoliation. Retinol is fairly expensive stuff, which probably accounts in part for the fairly high price of the product. Now, about the fragrance: think well-appointed Miami Beach high-rise condominiums (yes, nailtiques is based in Miami), Don Johnson's pastel-wearing, big-haired love interests on _Miami Vice_, Nagel prints... It's cleanly floral in a way that makes me inexplicably nostalgic for the 1980s. The packaging, too, is very reminiscent of the '80s--sparkling white with seafoam and rose/peach squiggles. A totally rad, majorly hard-working product. :) continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2003 1:35:00 AM More reviews by egilsdottir

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

although i was initially somewhat put off by the synthetic floral smell of this hand cream, it has redeemed itself by proving to be one of the more moisturizing hand treatments i have ever used. this cream has been a godsend for dealing with dry winter skin.