October 23, 2014 | 1196 users online

Toners - Shiseido - The Skincare Hydro-refining softener lotion

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2011 2:49:00 PM More reviews by Yuannap

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is an excellent softener that should be used before the moisturizer. In order to save product, I apply it without cotton pads and it can really last a long time. It significantly improved the texture of my skin and the products I use after are much better absorbed.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2009 2:47:00 PM More reviews by jaimeyusu

I have sensitive, dry flaky skin which was so tattered up because of all the harsh, crap drugstore products that I used -

the shiseido 'the skincae moisturizing' line (white bottle, red letters) TOTALLY SAVED MY SKIN. (and my life.)

this is a softner meant to be used before moisturizer... and i do use it after toner and before moisturizer to get the softest, nicest, most moisturized skin I've ever had in my life,

but you can also just use it as toner or just moisturizer. I do sometimes when I'm in a hurry and had absolutely no problems.

This is just..one of those 'magic potions' that's now a HG, essential, to my skincare routine.

It IS pretty expensive, but man it will last you a long time - I've just got the smaller, sample version from a sample kit package, used it generously even to my neck, and its been 3 months and its not even 25% used up. so...

this is the only non-greasy/oily but effective moisturizer.(well, softner.)
it moisturizes your skin by absorbing inside skin and giving a matte but soft,moisturized finish, and doesn't feel like theres 'a layer' of something on top of your skin.

I'll continue to buy it, bottle after bottle....

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2009 4:48:00 AM More reviews by xsamilee

This product makes my face very smooth. It isn't overdrying, like the Clinique toners, and it smells great!

The only problem I have with this toner is that I seem to use it up really quickly - I even use the Shiseido cottons. I feel like it takes a lot to dampen my cotton ..

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2008 3:12:00 PM More reviews by lilyface

Shiseido doesn't make toners, only the softeners which are to be used before the moisturizers. It's used after cleansing and before moisturizing so in a way it's like a toner, but works differently. I've had some toners dry out my face so I end up using this as a clean-up step after the cleansing and as a prep-step before moisturizing. Definitely soaks in and retains moisture better. Helps skin feel nice and soft.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2008 6:15:00 AM More reviews by chia021

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I'm on my second bottle of this lotion/softener product (to be honest, I didn't know it was a softener... and treated this as a toner). It's good because it does seem to soothe out the redness, and helps the application of your moisturiser. It gives a clean feeling and doesn't feel tight. I would probably recommend this after a good cleanser, removing all the excess oil, which means this product is suitable for all skin types. One lippie off because of the price and sheer fact that I finished the bottle too fast for it's price.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2008 12:18:00 AM More reviews by munchkinqueenye

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Shiseido does not actually produce toners as far as I can tell. You pump it onto a cotton ball and wipe face, Even after using cleansers, my face still has oil that needs to be removed, this does this very well. I use it before the emulsion. It basically tones and adds a lil a moisture so unlike most toners that dry out your skin, it leaves it soft.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2008 8:49:00 AM More reviews by lepetitrouge

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Highly Recommended!

This is the first time I have used such a product (and I believe softeners are unique to Shiseido?) and I don't have any regrets. I thought it would make my skin break out (it's sensitive & dry, yet still gets oily, and I sometimes get 'adult acne' around my jawline), however, in the three weeks since I have started using this product, I've seen a vast improvement in the texture and appearance of my skin. I adore the scent too - mild and pleasant, and not over-powering and generic like others can be. The moisturiser absorption is also very fast after using this product (it tends to 'sit' on your face without first using the softener).

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2008 8:11:00 PM More reviews by lamp4

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

this is a great toner that takes my makeup residue off my face after washing. the bottle is really cute. i love everything about it except for the price of it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2008 4:54:00 PM More reviews by sweetpea387

I love how this product makes my skin feel so smooth and soft! And no stickiness either! The toner also gives my skin a matte finish without feeling dry. It is a little pricey but well worth it. I like the packaging and the pump. I just squirt out two drops on a cotton pad and apply it right after I wash my face. There is a light scent but it doesn't bother me. My moisturizer sinks right in my skin after I put on the toner. Overall, I l love this product!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2008 1:14:00 PM More reviews by KiuKiu

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I've used Shiseido since I was 11 and their skincare is really great. For this one, I don't use a cotton pad and it works fine. It really made a difference to my face. If I use Shiseido moisturizer without this, it takes forever to sink in. But when I use this, my moisturizer sinks in quickly. I said I would repurchase but it is discontinued.