October 25, 2014 | 1672 users online

Fragrances - Avon - Far Away

rated 4 of 5 on 10/13/2014 9:00:00 PM More reviews by ipatieva

I smelled this on a friend of mine and asked her what perfume was she wearing, she showed me the bottle and it smells so good, she bought this fragrance from Avon Malaysia. I decided to purchase it (Avon UK) and was so excited when it came through the post. However I was disappointed with the smell as it's too powdery and gives me headache, at first I thought it was my body chemistry and decided to give the bottle to my friend since it smells great on her. When she sprayed on her wrist, the same thing happened. She can only conclude that the formulation has been changed (maybe?)

When she went back to visit her family in Malaysia, she got me this fragrance and to my surprise, it smells gorgeous and react very well with my body chemistry (yay!). It's a soft (but not too soft) feminine perfume.
She said that this is the 'original' smell of Far Away that she knew and love. Could it be that they didn't change the formula in Asia?
I will make sure that I'll ask my friend to get me a few bottles when she is in Malaysia.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2013 2:34:00 AM More reviews by SorceressOfTheDark

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Ethereal, mysterious, what I imagine the long ago Far Eastern World women must have worn as their perfume oils. Yes, the name fits this perfume. Seven hours ago I sprayed my wrist from two feet away gently and the scent of this oriental fragrance is still heavily with me.
I owned it years back and last summer acquired an older bottle. I've waited for a colder day of winter to wear it again. This is a glorious fragrance.
It's rich and thick in its entire run and certainly not for someone shy or one who likes a lighter, cleaner fragrance. Gardenia and coconut stand the strongest for me with sandalwood wrapped around these notes in a thick musky way. The musk that I inhale from Far away is not the musk that I get from perfumes I've been sampling lately. This musk is thick, almost syrupy, so embracing, that when coupled with the wood it could be stifling if over-sprayed. This is such an exotic smelling perfume that goes on and on and on. Spray a scarf or doily in your home and the scent will there for days.
Close your eyes and it evokes images of rawness, of sexual energy, of days in spring gardens bursting with fresh blooming flowers, of oiled wooden barrels with leather straps filled with intoxicating hot spices, even of antique liquor cabinets that house fine wines and assorted liquors and liqueurs. It takes you to many places.
It's a perfume that entices you to return to your wrist again and again to remind you of those images. It's really that wondrous in its composition.
If I wore it out, I'd spray it prudently, so as not to offend anyone. It's very strong and in today's fruity-gourmand times, Far Away may not be to everyone's liking. A delicate spritz from a few feet away or a walk-through spray is more than enough.
This is a picturesque perfume, one that will bring images to your mind when wearing it. That's when a perfume is worth it's weight. Housed in an opaque round bottle with an art deco fuschia and black round cap, cordoned with a black tassel, Far Away should be on anyone's sample list.
Top Notes: Karo Karounde, Ylang-Ylang, Orange, Coconut, Peach.
Middle Notes: Jasmine, Osmanthus, Rose, Violet, Gardenia, Freesia.
Base Notes: Vanilla, Sandalwood, Musk, Amber.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2013 7:00:00 PM More reviews by karebear0099

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Hard for me to comment on the packaging quality as I got the purse size which was $2.50. But the price for the larger perfume seems reasonable. This isn't an awful or offensive fragrance, it's just not really me. It's too sweet for me, smells like baby powder with a lot of sweetness, but doesn't have that clean soapy smell I crave with powdery scents. Will not be buying a larger size of this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2013 4:10:00 PM More reviews by Kellergirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I tried this on, and the smell was quite strong. i did not think I would like this. But it dried down to a beautiful soapy floral! This is one of the most beautiful scents I have smelled in quite some time! Will purchase a full bottle of this soon!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/23/2012 6:54:00 PM More reviews by daniellejmckenzie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Really surprised by all of the comments of ppl hating the smell. I really like the sweetness of the scent. It smells pleasant to me and will not overpower your clothes. It won't stay on all day but it does linger a little and has a nice vanilla, warm sugar smell (if you like that ). Very affordable.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2012 3:43:00 AM More reviews by catty7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

First I bought the talcum powder. I loved it but the fragrance was so light so I upgraded to the mini perfume for 4 bucks. Loved it and couldn't believe that this is an Avon scent! I ended up buying the shower gel, body lotion, scented skin softener and now a full size bottle.
This perfume is wonderful and is a steal when it's on sale. The only thing that gives this fragrance away as an Avon scent is its short longevity. It goes on strong, perfumey and sweet but tones down very quickly.
The notes for this fragrance are orange, amber, sandalwood, gardenia, coconut, musk, violet, freesia, vanilla, osmanthus, peach, jasmine, ylang-ylang and rose. It is an ambery floral with fruit and powder tones. This is a very feminine bosomy perfume. If you like unisex or very muted watery scents, you will probably not appreciate it.
My new favourite!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2012 6:54:00 PM More reviews by highrise

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Like a dayglo, Fauvist mashup of Gaultier Classique/Lancome Poeme. Bright, garish and thoroughly enjoyable at the right time.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/8/2012 2:06:00 PM More reviews by xpomegranate

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I bought a set with the perfume, shower gel, body lotion, shimmer powder, and "skin softener" (which appears to be a lighter textured lotion with a heavier scent than the lotion) all for $13, so a good price. I really like the scent, but it doesn't seem to have lasting power on me. For $13 that doesn't bother me; I wouldn't pay full price. I put 'repurchase' but only if it came as a set. The bottle is cute but a little bit cheap looking. I rated this a 4 due to the fact that it is a nice inexpensive fragrance, not because it's the ~best ever~ or a 4/5 of all fragrances.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2012 11:45:00 PM More reviews by Meshmmesha772000

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I used this perfume for years & loved it . It's like a fancy designer fragrance , but with a fraction of its price ..The reviewers here have done a great job describing how unique it is . Sadly, I cannot purchase again as it coincided with the most horrible period of my life :( ... Though , I strongly recommend it to young women who are in their 20 's and looking forward to make a statement in life , mature ladies would also love it ..But I don't think it can be popular amongst much younger ladies or teens ...

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2012 1:40:00 PM More reviews by Tinabear

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

My fave scent :)
I love everything about this smell, it reminds me of being in the South of France - it really lives up to it's name.
Love the price as it's quite a fancy perfume without a fancy price.
Pretty bottle too - My fave part is the pink & black lid.
The only downside is it could last more on my skin.
Sprayed on pillows it lasts
all in all a good decent gorgeous product, I hope they never stop making this.