September 18, 2014 | 1023 users online

Sunscreen - Shiseido - Anessa - town use sunscreen SPF30

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2012 7:21:00 PM More reviews by Seattlemama

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This has a lovely feel and a perfect satin finish. The scent is not good but fades quickly. Unfortunately this caused me to completely break out all over my face by the end of the work day. Ugh. Can't return because I bought it from some random ebay seller in Hong Kong. And it wasn't cheap! Lesson learned!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2012 6:03:00 AM More reviews by saskiayu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Reviewing this in SPF 32 PA+++. Skin: sensitive, dry.
...
After trying many many facial suncreens and disliking them all for their smell, greasiness or whitecast I've finally found my HG sunscreen! I have two boxes of this, hopefully they will last me through the harsh summer (the tube is rather small) before I reorder. I'm also keen to try Anessa UV Perfect in the gold bottle to see how that compares.
...
PROS: My skin is fairly dry and a little shiny on my T/nose bridge and I found this gives me a lovely dewy glow without any stickiness. The thin liquid soaks in straight away with no white cast and it does not clog either. It is also rather hydrating due to the Sodium Hyaluronate/Hyaluronic acid content although I like to apply some day cream under as well (you could skip this step). Mildly fragranced but does not irritate.
...
CONS: Only available in Asia, although this matters very little because it's widely available online. I recommend shopping around for a good price, I nabbed mine on special at $30AUD each. Noticed some online stores retailing this for $50AUD, what a huge markup.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2012 6:48:00 AM More reviews by dylla88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Protect skin from sun and also keep my skin moisturize all day long. :) This is my 3rd bottle and it's RM105 in Malaysia

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2011 7:16:00 AM More reviews by ivyn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I've been avoiding sunscreen for the past 5 years as I hate how it clogs my pores and the oily finish on my face. Unfortunately, 3 months ago, I've found few freckles on my cheekbone, therefore I was desperate looking for a good sunscreen. I brought this because the good ratings/reviews. I've been using it as everyday and had tried out using it for hiking. The sunscreen has a matte texture and was easily absorb. It leaves no white residues or stickiness feeling. Really happy with this great product.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2010 7:02:00 PM More reviews by Toro

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Mine is the gold package SPF32 PA+++ milky sunscreen for town use. Just like the names says, it has a thick milky texture that is easy to spread. It leaves no white film on the face nor rubs off white residue on clothing. It dries to a matte finish and stays matte throughout the day. However I find it too drying to use alone especially in the winter, by applying a moisturizer underneath easily solves the problem. I have been using it everyday for a month and had not experience any breakouts. I don't need cleansing oil to remove it, my regular cleanser (purity made simple) does the job. I purchased mine through sasa.com at around $27cdn for 60g.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2010 9:06:00 AM More reviews by ella343

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't like sunscreen. I've long avoided it—hardly the first time I've ignored the voice of conscience—so much did I abhor the textures, either thick as grease with the more traditional format or if purported to be "matte" (I look at you, Neutrogena), a rubbery, protective coat, like a condom for the skin. Only Olay Complete was remotely satisfactory, but unavailable, so far as I know, in Korea. The Anessa Milky Sunscreen (Town Use) SPF 32 PA+++, currently its full and proper name, is a sunscreen I feel fully comfortable using. Widely distributed in Seoul, but tricky to source in America, it is pricey no matter how or where you buy it. Otherwise, I commend the minimum of discomfiting textures and only a faint masking scent. Unlike the other Anessa variants, which are more liquid and lighter on the skin, the Milky Sunscreen (Town Use) is thicker and comes packaged in a squeeze tube, and is better suited to drier skins like mine. It is not waterproof, but I prefer not depending on a cleansing oil for removal. I've never felt even a glimmer of loyalty to a sunscreen before; I can stand behind this one as an absolute necessity in my skincare regime . INGREDIENTS (apologies if I spell awry; long list): water, cyclomethicone, glycerin, alcohol, silica, ethylhexyl methoxycinnamate, ethylhexyl ethylhexanoate, lauryl peg-9 polydimethylsiloxmethyl dimethicone, octocrylene, dimethicone, caprylyl methicone, disteardimonium hectorite, PED-PPG-17/4 dimethyl ether, trimethylsiloxysilicate, methyl gluceth-10, PEG-PPG-14/7 dimethyl ether, dipotassium glycyrrhizate, scutellaria baicalensis root extract, sodium hyaluronate, thymus serpillum extract, potentilla erecta root extract, trithoxycaprylsilane, polybutene glycol/PPG-9/1 copolymer, isostearic acid, trisodium EDTA, distearyldimonium chloride, butylene glycol, BHT, tocopherol, phenoxyethanol, fragrance, zinc oxide.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2010 6:38:00 PM More reviews by kissmark

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Another great sunscreen from Shiseido! The bottom line: great finish (evens out my skin tone, makes my pores less obvious, and keeps me matte) w/out drying me out! which is very important because most Japanese liquid type of sunscreens are quite drying and hard to use in winter. This one is cream texture in a tube, and has some moiturizing ingredients. I find this to be perfect in the winter months when my skin gets drier, and dont need a super high spf (but still pa+++). MU looks great on top as well. Also, this sunscreen is not hard to remove like the other Japanese sunscreens, you dont need a separate cleanser. Would definitely repurchase when I run out.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/21/2009 11:52:00 PM More reviews by sweetlily79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

After seeing all the fabulous reviews for this product, I decided to give it a try. Firstly, I have sensitive skin which seems to react with physical sunblocks. I know this is strange because most evidence seems to suggest people with sensitive skins use physical sunblocks, but I found any product with high amounts with Zinc Oxide or Titanium Dioxide dry out my skin and block my pores.

So I tried this for 4 days straight knowing that I do react with physical sunblocks. I kept it up for 4 days, just thought my skin needed some time to get used to it (BTW, I also used Shiseido cleansing oil to remove it at night).

After 4 days, I broke out in the worst acne I have had in years. the sides of my nose, my chin and my forehead broke out so badly, I took a day off work to go to the dermatologist. Only now, 2 weeks later is my skin looking semi-decent. I will never use this product on my face again! (I am now back to using my lancome sunscreen and not having any problems)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2009 2:31:00 PM More reviews by Lucia1017

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've been using Shiseido Anessa Town Use Milky Sunscreen SPF 32 PA+++
for several years. I love this product and it's the only product that I don't hesitate to put on my face several times a day.

First of all it's unfortunate that the sunscreen sold at USA don't have PA on the label. I think for good protection at least we should wear PA++. It's one of the reasons that I use this product because it has SPF and PA on the label.

It's very lightweight for my skin and I think it's a very important thing to consider when picking up sunscreen. We all know that the protection won't last all day and to provide good protection we need to put on sunscreen couple of times. This is the only product that doesn't make me feel greasy at the end of the day. I do feel a little bit 'built up' on the face but it's minor. During the day time I have no choice but put it on my makeup. I just tap the product on my face and it never mess up my makeup.

Overall it's a very good sunscreen. It's expensive :( But I would say it's a good investment.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/5/2008 7:00:00 AM More reviews by querand

Yes, this sunscreen definitely seems underrated. I've always been on the lookout for good sunscreens. I started with the Clinique Super City Block for a few years, then tried some Clarins one, then Neutrogena Dry Touch. None left me very satisfied. A few months back, based on a recommendation by a makeup artist I started using the Christian Dior ultimate whitening base with SPF50. That was a great, flawless-looking, long-lasting base for makeup, but it led to a minor breakout and my face ended up with little bumps all over. I decided to take a break with that and get back to it some other time.

I swiftly went to the Shiseido counter to pick an alternative, since I've heard that shiseido sunscreens are famous in japan. I settled on this particular one as the salesperson recommended it for an oil-free texture, and minimal clogging of pores. I use it almost everyday now, and have no worries about it clogging up my face, though its texture is a tad too powdery and dry upon drying, so the light dusting of loose powder (Shu uemura) i pat on to minimise shine doesn't sit on it naturally enough for my taste. Nonetheless it is an invaluable, super-reliable staple for me in the sunny, humid tropical weather i live in. No regrets getting it, and for once I'm going to use every last drop in the tube.