L'anza leave-in protector

4.6

Water/Eau (Aqua), Cetrimonium Chloride, Cetearyl Alcohol/Alcool Stearyle (Alcohol Cetylicus), Keratin Bond System (Keratin Amino Acids 150 M.W.)/Systéme de Liaison Kératine (Kératine Acides Aminés 150 M.W.), Comfrey (Symphytum Officinale) Leaf Extract, Rosemary (Rosmarinus Officinalis) Leaf Extract, Chamomile (Chamomilla Recutita) Flower Extract, Nettle (Urtica Dioica) Extract, Panthenol (Dexpanthenolum), Birch (Betulis Alba) Bark Extract, Algae Extract, Dimethicone Copolymer/Dimeticone (Dimeticonum), Allantoin, Benzophenone-4, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate (UVB Sunscreen/Pare-Soleil), Sodium PCA, Sodium Hyaluronate, Methylparaben (Methylis), Propylparaben (Proplyis), Citric Acid (Acidum Citricum), Fragrance/Parfum

on 1/30/2013 2:06:00 PM

It's really exciting to review this product! Here's what it promises to do:

* Restore health to hair weakened by chemical damage, thermal abuse and over-exposure to elements;
* Protect from UVA / UVB rays, heat and pollution;
* Improve shine

This is quite a multitasker. I looove that in a product!
My hair seems to love this stuff too. It just drinks it up and feels overall GOOD when I use it. Even though this is not a styling product, it supports my waves and curls and it diminishes frizz, which is a major plus. Also, it detangles really well. Another great thing about it is that you only need to use a tiny amount for it to work. I have fine hair (but a lot of it) and use an amount not much bigger than a pea. If you have thick hair I suggest you start from there and add up if you need. Either way, this product lasts for a long time.
If you don't like products with strong scents, this one is for you.
And finally, this product is not tested on animals. That's such a plus!

On a sidenote, I am not sure if this stuff does classify as a leave-in conditioner. I looked everywhere in the bottle and "conditioner" is not written anywhere. It is actually defined as a "protein-rich fortifier". But for me it works fine as a leave-in conditioner anyway.

To sum up, I am in love with this product and I think it is worth the money you pay for it!

P.S.: L'anza, if you're reading, can you please make a prettier bottle for this product?

on 12/27/2011 7:49:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This is a good leave in conditioner. I gave it four lippies but I wont be buying it again. I can't say anything bad about it, it's just that I prefer thicker leave in creams and have products that I prefer to use when it come to using leave in moisturizers.
I used the whole line from this range and my hair looked and felt great for a while but after a couple of weeks my hair started feeling dry, lacked movement and bounce. I think the protein was building up on my hair. After using a clarifying shampoo and switching my products around, my hair returned to normal. I would reccomend that people should at least try out this product out because you might find that you really like it.

on 11/5/2011 11:09:00 AM

I haven't used up my tube of this product yet, but it is an excellent leave-in product, without a doubt. I have fine, curly-wavy hair and it does not weigh my waves down. It does contain quite a bit of protein, so those who have not had such a good experience may have an issue with the protein. That does not mean this isn't a good product, it's just not the right product for you. I'm really liking this and will probably repurchase when I run out. It's quite difficult to find a really good quality leave-in product. (Sometimes I use my GF triple nutrition as leave-in, that one is more moisturising and doesn't contain protein to my knowledge. Works nicely too.)

on 9/11/2011 1:42:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Ok. This product is not made natural African-American hair. I have 3c/4a hair. It detangles, but does NOT soften or moisturize at all. It is a thin almost gel like white cream. Not at all what I was expecting. So disappointed. Will never purchase another L'anza product. Not for my hair type.

on 4/11/2011 6:34:00 AM

My puchase of this product was based on recommendations from MUA, and it's a bullseye! I originally intended to use it on my daughters' hair as they hate rinsing their hair but still need a good conditioner. But when I was in a hurry, I tried it and now I'm hooked. It actually works, as opposed to many no-rinse conditioner which don't condition at all, just make hair sticky and flat. What is more, Leave-in Protector provides just the right amount of moisture and frizz-control to support natural waves and curls. I don't even need any styling product for curl enhancement, which doesn't happen with other conditioners. The price is also good, for a L'Anza product, and it even comes in all sizes, from travel minis to huge salon-size bottles.

on 12/4/2009 8:47:00 PM

This is my HG hair treatment. It is the only product I use post-shower when my hair is damp, and sometimes I reapply it when it is dry. I use it every time I wash my hair. It makes my hair very shiny, and it smells a little bit like coconut. Love the UV protection.

I stopped using it about 2 years ago in favor of Redken All Soft, and from there went to on to other brands. Suffice it to say my hair started to look awful, I could no longer allow my hair to dry naturally and have it look presentable. It was all frizzy and split ends, and I began wondering, is it because I am getting old? Have I damaged my hair with appliances?? Then a couple months ago I started using the remains of a big 33 ounce container I still had (several years old!) and I am back to having great hair. It is not a panacea, but it is the closest thing I have found!

on 12/2/2009 12:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This has replaced all my conditioning products. I went through so many conditioners, cheap and expensive, and find that none do as great a job at conditioning my hair as this does. I have wavy, frizzy, poofy hair (the kind that expands horizontally as it dries). I flat iron my hair every other day -- I started out with just a small amount in my hair, now I am using about 3-4 quarter sized dollups for my hair, concentrating the most at my ends and the front hair. The 3-4 dollups are perfect amount for my hair. At first I started out small because I was afraid it would leave my hair looking like a huge grease ball - but surprisingly, my hair drinks this stuff - there is no residue left behind and my hair doesn't show any sign of product over-use, hehe. The product leaves your hair feeling really soft, and the frizz factor has reduced noticeably. It's more on the expensive side, it's no Suave, but I will buy this again.

on 8/7/2009 8:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I must say I have oily scalp and very dry ends and I love l'anza products <3 although here where i live ( Dubai ) we have poor access to lanza products so its not famous like loreal and some other brands but thanks god i discovered this line! I used to have very nice silky hair when i was young but now i am suffering from hair loss and dry ends and so far this is the best product i tried and i am satisfied about!

i go to the salon twice every week to get the treatment and i am loving my hair.. thank you lanzaa

on 4/14/2009 7:02:00 PM

Great product! I've been very satisfied with all L'Anza products, this one and the oil-free shine gel. This was about $9 CDN (near the T.O. Bay/Dundas bus station) and comes in a medium-sized squeezy tube. It's extremely lightweight and smooths my hair, making it look much less frizzy. Reasonably-priced, effective, light, what's not to love?

on 1/26/2009 3:27:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

umm...

I find that protein filled protectors arent for me...

this made my hair REALLY dry... I dont wanna use it again...
what a waste of money...