April 21, 2014 | 1506 users online

Conditioner - L'anza - leave-in protector

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2013 2:06:00 PM More reviews by joana7

It's really exciting to review this product! Here's what it promises to do:

* Restore health to hair weakened by chemical damage, thermal abuse and over-exposure to elements;
* Protect from UVA / UVB rays, heat and pollution;
* Improve shine

This is quite a multitasker. I looove that in a product!
My hair seems to love this stuff too. It just drinks it up and feels overall GOOD when I use it. Even though this is not a styling product, it supports my waves and curls and it diminishes frizz, which is a major plus. Also, it detangles really well. Another great thing about it is that you only need to use a tiny amount for it to work. I have fine hair (but a lot of it) and use an amount not much bigger than a pea. If you have thick hair I suggest you start from there and add up if you need. Either way, this product lasts for a long time.
If you don't like products with strong scents, this one is for you.
And finally, this product is not tested on animals. That's such a plus!

On a sidenote, I am not sure if this stuff does classify as a leave-in conditioner. I looked everywhere in the bottle and "conditioner" is not written anywhere. It is actually defined as a "protein-rich fortifier". But for me it works fine as a leave-in conditioner anyway.

To sum up, I am in love with this product and I think it is worth the money you pay for it!

P.S.: L'anza, if you're reading, can you please make a prettier bottle for this product?

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2011 7:49:00 AM More reviews by hippihanna

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a good leave in conditioner. I gave it four lippies but I wont be buying it again. I can't say anything bad about it, it's just that I prefer thicker leave in creams and have products that I prefer to use when it come to using leave in moisturizers.
I used the whole line from this range and my hair looked and felt great for a while but after a couple of weeks my hair started feeling dry, lacked movement and bounce. I think the protein was building up on my hair. After using a clarifying shampoo and switching my products around, my hair returned to normal. I would reccomend that people should at least try out this product out because you might find that you really like it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2011 11:09:00 AM More reviews by Emma13

I haven't used up my tube of this product yet, but it is an excellent leave-in product, without a doubt. I have fine, curly-wavy hair and it does not weigh my waves down. It does contain quite a bit of protein, so those who have not had such a good experience may have an issue with the protein. That does not mean this isn't a good product, it's just not the right product for you. I'm really liking this and will probably repurchase when I run out. It's quite difficult to find a really good quality leave-in product. (Sometimes I use my GF triple nutrition as leave-in, that one is more moisturising and doesn't contain protein to my knowledge. Works nicely too.)

rated 2 of 5 on 9/11/2011 1:42:00 PM More reviews by fallinghair

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Ok. This product is not made natural African-American hair. I have 3c/4a hair. It detangles, but does NOT soften or moisturize at all. It is a thin almost gel like white cream. Not at all what I was expecting. So disappointed. Will never purchase another L'anza product. Not for my hair type.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2011 6:34:00 AM More reviews by agnareqc

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

My puchase of this product was based on recommendations from MUA, and it's a bullseye! I originally intended to use it on my daughters' hair as they hate rinsing their hair but still need a good conditioner. But when I was in a hurry, I tried it and now I'm hooked. It actually works, as opposed to many no-rinse conditioner which don't condition at all, just make hair sticky and flat. What is more, Leave-in Protector provides just the right amount of moisture and frizz-control to support natural waves and curls. I don't even need any styling product for curl enhancement, which doesn't happen with other conditioners. The price is also good, for a L'Anza product, and it even comes in all sizes, from travel minis to huge salon-size bottles.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2009 8:47:00 PM More reviews by inkonapin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my HG hair treatment. It is the only product I use post-shower when my hair is damp, and sometimes I reapply it when it is dry. I use it every time I wash my hair. It makes my hair very shiny, and it smells a little bit like coconut. Love the UV protection.

I stopped using it about 2 years ago in favor of Redken All Soft, and from there went to on to other brands. Suffice it to say my hair started to look awful, I could no longer allow my hair to dry naturally and have it look presentable. It was all frizzy and split ends, and I began wondering, is it because I am getting old? Have I damaged my hair with appliances?? Then a couple months ago I started using the remains of a big 33 ounce container I still had (several years old!) and I am back to having great hair. It is not a panacea, but it is the closest thing I have found!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2009 12:56:00 PM More reviews by GrettaPea

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This has replaced all my conditioning products. I went through so many conditioners, cheap and expensive, and find that none do as great a job at conditioning my hair as this does. I have wavy, frizzy, poofy hair (the kind that expands horizontally as it dries). I flat iron my hair every other day -- I started out with just a small amount in my hair, now I am using about 3-4 quarter sized dollups for my hair, concentrating the most at my ends and the front hair. The 3-4 dollups are perfect amount for my hair. At first I started out small because I was afraid it would leave my hair looking like a huge grease ball - but surprisingly, my hair drinks this stuff - there is no residue left behind and my hair doesn't show any sign of product over-use, hehe. The product leaves your hair feeling really soft, and the frizz factor has reduced noticeably. It's more on the expensive side, it's no Suave, but I will buy this again.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2009 8:27:00 PM More reviews by Farforah1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I must say I have oily scalp and very dry ends and I love l'anza products <3 although here where i live ( Dubai ) we have poor access to lanza products so its not famous like loreal and some other brands but thanks god i discovered this line! I used to have very nice silky hair when i was young but now i am suffering from hair loss and dry ends and so far this is the best product i tried and i am satisfied about!

i go to the salon twice every week to get the treatment and i am loving my hair.. thank you lanzaa

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2009 7:02:00 PM More reviews by psmitty

Great product! I've been very satisfied with all L'Anza products, this one and the oil-free shine gel. This was about $9 CDN (near the T.O. Bay/Dundas bus station) and comes in a medium-sized squeezy tube. It's extremely lightweight and smooths my hair, making it look much less frizzy. Reasonably-priced, effective, light, what's not to love?

rated 2 of 5 on 1/26/2009 3:27:00 AM More reviews by mujigae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

umm...

I find that protein filled protectors arent for me...

this made my hair REALLY dry... I dont wanna use it again...
what a waste of money...