September 2, 2014 | 928 users online

Polishes - Maybelline - Wet Shine- Wet Sand

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2009 9:44:00 AM More reviews by mudpie1964

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Maybelline Wet Shine Nail Polish in Wet Sand is a shimmery pinkish neutral sand shade (kind of like dry beach sand only a little darker). It's a beautiful neutral shade . . . . however . . . . I have never seen such a bubbly mess in my life. I did my usual routine (base coat, two coats color, top coat) waiting 1/2 hour in between coats (this was before I discovered Seche Vite and haven't had a chance to try this polish with the Seche yet) and then 1 hour after the whole mani was done before doing anything else. This stuff bubbled from coat one of the polish (not the base coat) to the very end. It was very thick and gloopy and I suppose could be thinned but since I've discovered OPI I'm not inclined to want to go back to this one even though I love the color. I've read other reviews of Maybelline products and bubbling so that may be the reason for my results. Thumbs way down on this one. (Now if I can only find a dupe to this color in a quality polish!)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2006 10:53:00 PM More reviews by cjenn

I love these polishes almost as much as I love OPI. This is a beigy/slight rose color with very pretty subtle shimmers in it. I love how this looks on, goes with anything I choose to wear. Awesome shine too! Great stuff!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/19/2004 1:42:00 AM More reviews by minxy07

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Although it doesnt give a 'wet shine' at all, the polish is a pretty colour. It can be streaky though, and i find it goes on best on just buffed nails. A good product for the proce - in Australia, it is around $8

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2004 3:07:00 PM More reviews by GlamWorld

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This has very good wear I put a color from cyber nails under this called silver rose it is a very light pink w/shimmer it gives the Wet Sand a great neutral pink/brown look. I love how the color stays shinny.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2003 9:56:00 AM More reviews by Shangrila

I love this color! It's a gorgeous shimmery golden-rose that doesn't look to light against my GGG skin. I found with two layers and a top coat it has fairly good staying power as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2003 9:40:00 PM More reviews by Gigglez

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my HG nail polish too! Im a MMM/GGG and this looks oh so natural, yet polished on my nails. It looks like a pinky/peachy color (Im so good at describing colors, arent I?). I thought it would be shinier (hence the name Wet Shine), but its like any other nail polish.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2003 11:48:00 AM More reviews by janina73

I love this shade!! This may be my new HG nailpolish. I have olive skin and this bronzy/peachy shade complements it perfectly. I am sure it would look good on any skin tone in fact. And I love the shimmer - not too overdone. I usually use a base colour first to help it not chip.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2003 1:18:00 PM More reviews by JGardella

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm not fond of this shade. It looks rather blah on my nails and it's not shiny!! It also chipped off very fast.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2003 7:41:00 AM More reviews by xxwesishotxx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I had to buy this after reading reviews about it on another website, but I was very disappointed. The colour barely showed up on me. Other than that, it was a good little nailpolish.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2003 1:27:00 AM More reviews by Bubbles124

I got this on sale for about $2, so it was a great deal. I love the color, which is a pretty sandy color, as the name states. While it does give off a beautiful shine, this tends to chip quickly on me. Top coat helps a bit, but I still think it should last longer than a day or so. I'd still re-purchase, because the color is really pretty!