April 23, 2014 | 1935 users online

Shampoo - LUSH - Cynthia Sylvia Stout shampoo

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2014 12:26:00 AM More reviews by ishara

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am always trying out different shampoos, but this is one that I regularly come back to.
My hair is fine and frizzy and this shampoo smooths it down without weighing it down. Unlike many other shampoos my hair feels clean, shiny and full of body. I gave the packaging a two because my latest bottle fell in the shower and split. I think that the plastic is too brittle.

It does strip colour, but I can live with this - I alternate with a gentler shampoo.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2014 10:28:00 AM More reviews by wixter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This shampoo works wonders on my thick, heavy hair. It really alleviates the heaviness. What I'm left with is really soft, light, and fluffy hair. I also use LUSH's Henna Dye on my hair, and the lemon in this shampoo helps to brighten that henna.

This smells like stout beer and lemon. So delicious! It works up to a really nice lather, unlike a lot of other LUSH shampoos that I've tried. It's very watery, so it looks like you're using a lot, but really it's not that much.

If you love this shampoo, I would recommend getting the medium or large sized bottle. The small bottles don't last that long for me, and I only wash my hair twice a week! The larger bottles are a better deal.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/14/2013 2:55:00 AM More reviews by Hyleonie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have very oily roots, dry ends (mid back length), wavy and frizzy that is dyed red over my natural blonde. I always use conditioner on my ends and get away with a handful of tangles. I spent 15minutes brushing out the tangles after using this shampoo as it dried my ends out far too much. I didn't notice any benefit to my hair from using this shampoo.
I personally don't mind the smell, and I loved that it sticks around throughout the day. That would be its only 'pro' for me unfortunately.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2013 4:43:00 PM More reviews by SkullGlitter

I personally didn't have great results with this, but my husband had good results. I have a dry scalp that responds to stripping my natural oils by over-secreting sebum with lots of medium-coarseness hair. This tamed the drier ends from dying and minor bleaching for me without flattening my mane, but didn't add anything other than a little shine. My husband, on the other hand, has a dry scalp that doesn't produce much oil and very dry, wavy, coarse hair with loads of flyaways. He had shoulder-length hair at the time he tried this. It made his hair more wavy than curly and tamed the broken-off flyaways enough so that he didn't have the halo effect but didn't add shine.

Smells great and beer is wonderful for your scalp, but this is only okay. Me and Hubby have found many more shampoos that are similar to this for less money and a few that work much better for coarse, curly/wavy hair, and dry scalps for either less money or at a similar price point. Wouldn't re-buy due to the price doesn't justify the lack of immediate results.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2013 7:52:00 PM More reviews by SylasBelle

I use EVERYDAY! The stout organic beer is GREAT for fluffy, wavy curly hair in need of love. Yeast and lemon give my hair shine. People have been washing their hair in beer for hundreds of years. Thanks lush:)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2013 12:55:00 AM More reviews by Lewellenkelli

I use this as my daily shampoo that I grab the most. Has a beer and lemon smell that's pretty good in my opinion. It has a watery consistence but lathers very well. It's a little drying but I guess that's what conditioner was for.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/27/2013 5:15:00 PM More reviews by RoseSunHold

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I asked the lush employees 4 times, will it strip hair color?. They said no.....i got my color in done i spent 160$ on for blondeblonde and brownbrown highlights my soul wants to shrivel and hide. I was like "oh beer shampoo!" And was like i need volume and shine and the sent smelled well, I was waahing my hair and when I applied the shampoo the smell while wet smelled disturbing, but i was like "who gives a?" And some of my brown color came off, my hair felt stripped and my hair leans towards to oilier side.....while it dries I looked like I was from the 80`s....like that long boy hair with the mullet.....my flat iron saved me! It is a volumizer? But wow its not that it volumized....it stripped my moisture and that was what did it....my roots were knotted and my hair doesnt get knotted....ever....ever....my roots had jerry curls? What? Hot mess I was, Well it did make my hair shine....but its a shame, lush is a nice store, ill give it to someone with greasy greasy hair, or just use it as a body wash. Beware people with dry hair.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/2/2013 7:44:00 PM More reviews by saloia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Based on the pretty good ingredients, I opted to try this out despite the hefty price point. I am extremely disappointed with this shampoo and will not repurchase. It dried out my scalp and stripped my black hair color. Not that expensive equals quality, but for $30 (cdn) for 500ml, I was expecting more. I've tried many lush shampoos and have been generally disappointed. If pressed, I'd have to say that the fair trade honey is probably their best, although it too, strips hair color. My HG shampoo quest continues ...

rated 1 of 5 on 3/5/2013 8:57:00 AM More reviews by BaronessaGinevra

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I guess all the complaints about the smell of this shampoo reached LUSH r&d - they have reformulated it, and from my viewpoint, made it worse.

This shampoo used to work so well on my oily, color-treated, almost-to-my-bra-strap-long hair. It cleaned my hair so well I could skip a day of shampooing. The smell didn't bother me; stout doesn't smell like Budweiser and the scent quickly faded anyway. Now it smells overwhelmingly of lemon and leaves my hair feeling rough and dry. I have to condition or use detangler otherwise my hair is a tangled mess. Thanks for nothing, LUSH - If you reformulate a product you should tell customers before they pay almost $30 for a giant bottle of suck.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/17/2013 9:47:00 PM More reviews by StupidUserNames

I really was hoping to like this product I find that this is very drying to my hair. I'm also not crazy about the scent it smells very yeasty to me which I don't like this doesn't really doesn't do much for my hair either ugh I'm frustrated with lush hair care it's crap .