LUSH Cynthia Sylvia Stout shampoo

3.8

on 3/17/2015 8:21:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

I received a sample of this and ended up buying it. I cant believe I like another LUSH product, especially a hair product! My hair is something I pride on and receive many compliments from so I'm usually a snob when it comes to hair products which I normally buy from Redken, Matrix... I may step down a notch and use John Freida(uh oh a drugstore brand!) but using hippie green all natural products?! No way! Now im eating my words because this is actually pretty good.

Reasons: Volume, shine, bounce, cleans, and smells like iced lemon tea! My hair is very long, thick, and gently colored. My roots get oily in no time while my ends are parched. I wouldn't use this shampoo everyday but a once every 3 days/once a week shampoo to remove everything(without over-drying!) and give me a fresh and happy start. I would use a moisturizing/repairing conditioner afterwards; I always use a hair mask every time I condition my hair rather than a regular conditioner. I did not have to use much to get it to clean my hair. Could I find something similar like this elsewhere? Yes, but this is, to me, unique, and being all-natural or mostly all natural, why not?! I never thought Id say that.

I don't like the bottle for both appearance and functionality. It's also not a cheap shampoo considering its made from things you can whip up in the kitchen.

overall, will buy and it's a great product.

on 2/24/2015 7:43:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

Hmm.. this didn't do anything to my hair, it didn't make it more shiny or voluminous. The smell is atrocious that i had to put tressemme conditioner over the top to cancel out the smell. My hair felt very dry once i rinsed out the shampoo but that's reasonable i know it's not meant to moisturise my hair, atleast it really cleaned my hair. Overall my hair looked and felt the exact same way as it normally does. I'll continue to use it anyway so i don't waste it, maybe only once a month :).

on 2/23/2015 8:49:00 AM

Excellent shampoo to use after H'suan Wen Hua treatment, to boost the results but definitely not an everyday shampoo if you have dry hair. Also strips out any hair color you might have applied. Bad smell on bottle but it gets much better when apllying at shower cause the lemon scent comes out.

on 1/27/2015 5:25:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I love this shampoo.
I have somewhat curly hair (more wavy than curly), can be a bit oily.
I cannot explain what this shampoo does to my hair. It makes my hair clean, nice, shiny, soft, my waves are well defined AND I wash my hair every 3 days. I used to wash my hair every day. Winner here!
I used it with American Cream conditioner, perfect combo.

The price is a bit heavy but a big bottle can last me more than 7 months so thats not a problem for me!

on 11/21/2014 7:43:00 AM

I've always prided myself on big, fluffy yet shiny, low maintenance hair. That probably sounds ridiculous coming from a grown woman and engineer, but my hair is a big deal to me. I decided to try no-poo after my stylist said I was washing it too much. No-poo DESTROYED my hair! Even after going back to shampoo, my hair was dry on the bottom and greasy on top, and worst of all, it was so limp. My precious volume was all in the now straw-like ends. (I only used baking soda and ACV like twice over a 2 1/2 - 3 week period)

Desperate, I went to Lush for the first time and explained my situation. After assuring me that I was being dramatic and that my hair didn't look THAT bad, the very funny and friendly sales lady recommended this shampoo (which I bought) and Veganese conditioner (which she was sweet enough to give me a sample of). I tried them last night, did my usual thing and slept in a sock bun, and wow! Today my hair looks like its old self. Its big, bouncy, wavy and shiny, and has a very nice, natural scent.

The shampoo bubbled up nicely, and I didn't need to use very much to lather up my long (mid-back) hair. I'd recommend shaking it a few times before use, as it has some natural sediment at the bottom of the bottle if its been sitting still for awhile (probably the yeast).

I do plan on updating this review after a few weeks of use (I'm only not giving 5 stars because I've only used it once and want to be sure its the real deal). I'm excited to try more hair products from Lush (who by the way, do not advertise - a visit is highly recommended if you've got one in your area).

on 11/2/2014 5:14:00 PM

This was the first shampoo I bought from LUSH and I was pretty pleased with my purchase! I had bought another hair product from LUSH before; the salt spray, and I was rather disappointed by it, which was annoying as it was quite expensive. However, the Cynthia Sylvia Stout Shampoo did not disappoint!

This shampoo was quite expensive at 4.50 for the 100g bottle, but it lasted me for over two months and doesn't require a large amount when used. In the shower, I squeezed a small amount of it onto my palm, rubbed my hands together and ran it through my hair from the roots to the tips. The only downside was that the shampoo didn't lather very well and so I found I couldn't really give my roots a good scrub and get rid of the greasiness entirely. I had to use another shampoo first to do this and then I applied the LUSH shampoo.

It smells lovely, kind of like lemon iced tea, which I am also very fond of. I found that it made my hair very soft and shiny. It was a lovely product to use and I think I may repurchase it if I don't find a cheaper shampoo that has the same effect.

on 9/19/2014 6:40:00 PM

This shampoo is perfect for all hair types. I have dry, curly hair but my roots get a little oily, so I use this just on my roots and it makes them feel clean and smooth. My sister has thinner, greasier hair and she uses it all throughout her hair and she gets a similar effect. The smell is nice, not as good as some of the other LUSH products, but still better than most shampoos. If you are looking to try a more natural shampoo that still works, I definitely suggest this one.

on 9/13/2014 8:34:00 AM

Really pleased with this shampoo, it smells lovely and leaves my hair gently cleansed. Gives a lovely lather with a small amount of product. And my hair is very shiny after using it. I have thick, wiry, long hair.

I follow up with Happy Happy Joy Joy, and then R&B when dry. Very pleased with my Lush hair routine!

on 9/13/2014 6:45:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

There is probably nothing Lush creates that I dislike, scent-wise. This is boozy, balsamic and lemony, I enjoy the scent very much, very refreshing and soothing. I have thick long black hair, coarse too, I somehow have problem running my fingers through my hair, from scalp all the way to the ends, I usually get stuck half way. I would just rinse my hair as usual, and untangle it with Veganese conditioner, it kinda counter-balances this shampoo.

Probably this shampoo is a great shampoo for other hair types, just isn't for me, I will try to find another one next time in Lush.

on 5/27/2014 12:05:00 AM

This and Big are my two favorite shampoos that Lush offers for my fine straight hair. To me it actually gives volume, maybe not "Texas Volume" but I'm happy. The only thing I don't like if the price, but I probably will rebuy again.

Popular Shampoos