October 30, 2014 | 1720 users online

Shampoo - LUSH - Cynthia Sylvia Stout shampoo

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2014 6:40:00 PM More reviews by swimfree27

This shampoo is perfect for all hair types. I have dry, curly hair but my roots get a little oily, so I use this just on my roots and it makes them feel clean and smooth. My sister has thinner, greasier hair and she uses it all throughout her hair and she gets a similar effect. The smell is nice, not as good as some of the other LUSH products, but still better than most shampoos. If you are looking to try a more natural shampoo that still works, I definitely suggest this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2014 8:34:00 AM More reviews by nicolewo

Really pleased with this shampoo, it smells lovely and leaves my hair gently cleansed. Gives a lovely lather with a small amount of product. And my hair is very shiny after using it. I have thick, wiry, long hair.

I follow up with Happy Happy Joy Joy, and then R&B when dry. Very pleased with my Lush hair routine!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2014 6:45:00 AM More reviews by purrsian

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

There is probably nothing Lush creates that I dislike, scent-wise. This is boozy, balsamic and lemony, I enjoy the scent very much, very refreshing and soothing. I have thick long black hair, coarse too, I somehow have problem running my fingers through my hair, from scalp all the way to the ends, I usually get stuck half way. I would just rinse my hair as usual, and untangle it with Veganese conditioner, it kinda counter-balances this shampoo.

Probably this shampoo is a great shampoo for other hair types, just isn't for me, I will try to find another one next time in Lush.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2014 12:05:00 AM More reviews by KaiteKins

This and Big are my two favorite shampoos that Lush offers for my fine straight hair. To me it actually gives volume, maybe not "Texas Volume" but I'm happy. The only thing I don't like if the price, but I probably will rebuy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2014 12:26:00 AM More reviews by ishara

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am always trying out different shampoos, but this is one that I regularly come back to.
My hair is fine and frizzy and this shampoo smooths it down without weighing it down. Unlike many other shampoos my hair feels clean, shiny and full of body. I gave the packaging a two because my latest bottle fell in the shower and split. I think that the plastic is too brittle.

It does strip colour, but I can live with this - I alternate with a gentler shampoo.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/17/2014 10:28:00 AM More reviews by wixter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This shampoo works wonders on my thick, heavy hair. It really alleviates the heaviness. What I'm left with is really soft, light, and fluffy hair. I also use LUSH's Henna Dye on my hair, and the lemon in this shampoo helps to brighten that henna.

This smells like stout beer and lemon. So delicious! It works up to a really nice lather, unlike a lot of other LUSH shampoos that I've tried. It's very watery, so it looks like you're using a lot, but really it's not that much.

If you love this shampoo, I would recommend getting the medium or large sized bottle. The small bottles don't last that long for me, and I only wash my hair twice a week! The larger bottles are a better deal.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/14/2013 2:55:00 AM More reviews by Hyleonie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have very oily roots, dry ends (mid back length), wavy and frizzy that is dyed red over my natural blonde. I always use conditioner on my ends and get away with a handful of tangles. I spent 15minutes brushing out the tangles after using this shampoo as it dried my ends out far too much. I didn't notice any benefit to my hair from using this shampoo.
I personally don't mind the smell, and I loved that it sticks around throughout the day. That would be its only 'pro' for me unfortunately.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2013 4:43:00 PM More reviews by SkullGlitter

I personally didn't have great results with this, but my husband had good results. I have a dry scalp that responds to stripping my natural oils by over-secreting sebum with lots of medium-coarseness hair. This tamed the drier ends from dying and minor bleaching for me without flattening my mane, but didn't add anything other than a little shine. My husband, on the other hand, has a dry scalp that doesn't produce much oil and very dry, wavy, coarse hair with loads of flyaways. He had shoulder-length hair at the time he tried this. It made his hair more wavy than curly and tamed the broken-off flyaways enough so that he didn't have the halo effect but didn't add shine.

Smells great and beer is wonderful for your scalp, but this is only okay. Me and Hubby have found many more shampoos that are similar to this for less money and a few that work much better for coarse, curly/wavy hair, and dry scalps for either less money or at a similar price point. Wouldn't re-buy due to the price doesn't justify the lack of immediate results.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2013 7:52:00 PM More reviews by SylasBelle

I use EVERYDAY! The stout organic beer is GREAT for fluffy, wavy curly hair in need of love. Yeast and lemon give my hair shine. People have been washing their hair in beer for hundreds of years. Thanks lush:)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2013 12:55:00 AM More reviews by Lewellenkelli

I use this as my daily shampoo that I grab the most. Has a beer and lemon smell that's pretty good in my opinion. It has a watery consistence but lathers very well. It's a little drying but I guess that's what conditioner was for.