October 25, 2014 | 1712 users online

Lipstick - Vincent Longo - Lip Stain

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2013 1:43:00 AM More reviews by sillytabby

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Beautiful, natural looking colors. Cupid's breath is my favorite.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2009 4:41:00 PM More reviews by rwashecheck

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is wonderful - applies perfectly, lasts forever, is easy to work with, looks beautiful and very natural.

The only gripe I have is the absurdly inaccurate color descriptions. I got mine in Angel's Kiss, which looks berry colored on the website but is actually straight up, serious purple. The closest eyeshadow equivalent in my makeup kit is MAC Fig. 1. It's that purple.

I use this as a lid wash, for which purpose it is brilliant. It creates a natural purple look like you sometimes see on pale children.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2009 9:01:00 PM More reviews by mellern

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got this because my lips are very dry and pale, so I need color to avoid looking like a consumptive but all lipsticks dry my skin out and get into cracks. I use this as a 'lipliner', smudge it, and it stays on for a few hours which is saying a lot for my lips. I can then use any lipbalms for comfort over it since it just makes my lips look more pigmented. I really like this and would buy again, but it lasts a really long time so I might not have to for a while!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/11/2008 4:47:00 PM More reviews by Aque

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have this in Terra. Lovely brick-red (no blue tones) which works well on my palish yellow/gold indian skin & isn't too dark. Much more glossy than I expected for a stain, nice texture & smell, plus sleek black case.

Negative - very soft & snaps easily at the base - be careful! I've ended up with cutting slices of this into lippy pots to carry with a brush. The other problem - they discontinued this color & there's none other that works for me, all too blue toned. Their customer service sucks too, absolutely no response to emailing through their website for help on finding an alternative in the right undertones for me in any of their lip products. ThreeCustomColor has the Terra shade in their database, so I get it from them now, I won't purchase anything from VL again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2008 6:51:00 PM More reviews by ouqtinvu

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I first tried the lip stain in Madison, then immediately sent for Cherry and Americana. These stunning IMHO. I haven't had a problem with any of it breaking off (yet). IF I wanted to take one lippie off it would be because it is not a stain - not at all. That was my only disappointment. I have teflon lips - I don't know what it is - but nothing stays on me for long. So I wish I could say it left color on my lips as it fades but it doesn't. But Oh My! The colors are stunning and the "feel" on my lips is so soft - every time I wear one of the colors my husband compliments me - so that's something indeed - will buy more. I am very fair with dark hair and eyes and I like lipsticks that have some color. I love all the ones I have - Americana is a deeper red - Cherry - best clear red I've used and Madison a deeper brownish red - these are sheer when applied and you can always apply more to deepen the color. Great sheen. LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/6/2008 1:57:00 PM More reviews by rottenbanana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

The formula of this lipstick is very good. It's silky and somewhat glossy but very light and wears nicely. I would never call it a stain because it really doesn't. I have it in nude. I am fair, with blond hair and blue eyes. This was too dark and brown/orange on my skin tone. It would be a better shade for brunette or even latino/asian girls. Not for people with pale skin.

Also: I read on here that the stick has a habit of breaking off. I had never had this happen before with a lipstick. I figured since I don't apply my lipstick with aggression it wouldn't break for me, and I bought it. Well, it did break. Now it rubs on the side of the tube and is becoming a mess. I reccommend if yours breaks as soon as mine did, put the remainder in an old container (like a little jar) so you don't waste lipstick.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2008 9:16:00 PM More reviews by Kayelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have this in Flower Girl, a discontinued shade that is an almost-black-purple in the tube, but a lovely deep berry on lips. This is the greatest formula of any stain I've ever used; it's creamy so it blends well and leaves a stain that doesn't rub off awkwardly and unevenly, as many others I've tried seem to. They also have an SPF of 15, and a very natural finish. I'm planning on purchasing the Nude and Foolish Virgin shades.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2007 11:13:00 PM More reviews by NancyB

Finally found my holy grail after years and years of looking! Doesn't give you that thick lipstick feel, yet gives color that stays longer than a gloss. Just a good feeling on your lips plus color!! Doesn't last quite as long as other "stains" or long-lasting lipsticks, but on the other hand, it is not drying like those are. Love these!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2007 1:33:00 PM More reviews by Jox3347

I bought this sheer lipstain in Cherry. I'm usually a nude or pale lipstick gal, and I wanted to pump up the color for fall. The shade is sheer w/out looking washed out. The only downside is that I wish the color stayed on longer.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2007 7:02:00 PM More reviews by Bobbie5772

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Gel-X Lipsticks Enhanced With Lip Plumping Moisturizers - in Kiss- I love this! The Sephora description of this product does not lie. Kiss is a nice rose brown shade- great for my super pale skin and dark hair. It's not too dark-great for day or night. Feels like lip balm-the good kind. Not terribly long lasting, but okay. It looks moist but "enhanced natural". Love it.