July 26, 2014 | 1112 users online

Lipstick - Avon - Beyond Color

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2014 10:14:00 PM More reviews by DLYNN

I first purchased an Avon Beyond Color Plumping Lipccolor SPF 15 a few years back, in "Cantaloupe". Cantaloupe is a one-of-a-kind color, and I have to be in the right mood to pull it off. Just the same, I hope Avon never discontinues this shade because it isn't duplicated by anything else out there (that I've seen). For lack of a better description, it is a peach- khaki color. It's a warm nude with a creme finish that works particularly well in late Summer and Fall. One thing I really like about Avon lipsticks is that they never smell cloying or candy-like they are virtually scentless. I also really like the texture of this lipstick, particularly in comparison to Avon's current crop of Ultra Color Rich lipsticks, which aren't quite as waxy. The Beyond Color pigments are very opaque no need to repeatedly pass over to build color.

I recently purchased this lipstick in "Uptown Pink". Uptown Pink is a neutral rose-mauve, a deeper version of L'Oreal Coloriche's "Rose Taffeta". Against my skin Uptown Pink is on the bold side but it's not dark enough to look vampy and not bright enough to look clown-like. I like the fact that these lipsticks contain sunscreen, which is rare for a lipstick. I can't say whether the Retinol anti-aging or plumping properties work because I rotate lipsticks on a daily basis so I don't see day-to-day improvements. Just the same, I hope Avon brings out more colors in this line. From what I understand, Avon also sells a color-less version as a lip conditioner, in which case the sunscreen or lip plumping benefits could be layered on to any lipstick or gloss. When Avon runs a sale, I might try that one next.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2013 12:32:00 PM More reviews by magicloop2009

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This was a very big special treat when I got this at a variety store two items of these lipsticks for five bucks so I purchased it and now own it, I have them for less than a week. I got two different colours. They look so very nice on me, they are very moistirizing I have the Avon beyond Color with spf 15 the plumping ones, among other avon products at home lipsticks lipglosses and more merchandised I baught online - that were advertissed in teh Avcon books my friend mailed to me in the mail order. I heard that these were discontunied for a few months and people beggedteh company to bring t his back and they did an I'm glad they did, or I'd never ever discover this - last saturday early afternoon when I went shopping in Brooklyn, ny where I live. This variety stores special sales, lipsticks and lipglosses from Lancome, Loreal, Avon, and even Revlon. Theres also cheaper stuff for 99cents like Santee, Starry and so on and so forth whatever. I am so hapy I got these.l One in a mauve0-brown, and one tube n a brown-cinnamon burgandy-like colour, they lasts for four hours without drinking and eatting I monitored the time, it's agreat a ncce grey silver cydliner tubes with gold on the top with an printed in engrsaved A that stands for Avon these are details and I love to wreite especially about makeup and body products like shampoos and conditioners, soaps, along with some fregarences, perfumes and more..This is so ,moiturizing that it leaves my lips smooth all day long, I reapply like twice or thrice (three for four) times a day at most and it's oh so wonderfull not my HG (holy grail) but it is my MLBB (my lip but better)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2012 2:48:00 PM More reviews by gracet2z

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Only lipstick on the market that has all the added features!! I am not a big Avon fan-they can never seem to get it right with their color selection, but after searching everywhere, they seem to be the only company that makes a lipstick with SPF, plumping, hydrating and long lasting. They do need to work on consistency-it goes on a little too slick, almost mushy, and the color selections are poor. My first tube was a now discontinued color-pink cooler, and it looked like it belonged on Twiggy or Goldie Hawn when she was on Laugh-in ( Iam in my 50's). It was way too frosted so I had to top it with another color. I finally just threw it out. I just ordered the Uptown Pink for lack of any other pinks.
This is not a great consistency for the summer (it gets soft very easily) so while the SPF is wonderful, it will soften up when carrying it around in warm weather ( a minus when I spend winters in AZ.)! I hope Avon can perfect their color selection!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/1/2012 9:47:00 PM More reviews by QuyneKayVi

I bought these lipsticks in Uptown Pink, Mad for Mauve, and Cantaloupe. These wear quite nice, and I've worn them for performances on stage, particularly the Uptown Pink. It may be just me but Cantaloupe seemed to have a very poor shade. Perhaps it wasn't right for my skin tone, but it just didn't have enough staying power and seemed to have as much thickness as lotion. And the brochures are still not quite doing a good job of giving us the exact color of the product. It may have been just me, just a chance that I may have had a bad batch, but they're fine and I would buy a few again, but in darker shades. The brochures also promised some lip plumping quality, but I didn't really see much.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2011 4:40:00 PM More reviews by bebexrc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My HG lipstick! Mad for Mauve is my favourite lipstick ever. I think a few years ago they had a different formula for it and I personally love that one way better, but this one is good also. Mad for Mauve is the perfect rosey pink color that looks wonderful with my skin tone.
It was my moms originally but she didn't like it and gave it to me, I tried a little bit and fell in love!
My lipstick is almost empty now and I have to use a q-tip or a lip brush to pick up any leftovers from the tube bc i just haven't had the time to buy a new one.
DEFINITELY will purchase again and highly recommended!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2011 2:16:00 PM More reviews by aresbabe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I was hesitant to buy this because most of my Avon purchases are skincare related. However, this lipstick was recommended so I got "Pink Pout" and it is lovely. The pigmentation is comparable to high end lipsticks and lasts forever.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/1/2010 3:50:00 PM More reviews by Katharine40

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is supposed to be an "anti-aging" lipstick, containing retinol to stimulate collagen growth and thus improve thinning or wrinkly lips. Not from what I've seen, buster! Actually, this lipstick seems to sink into any lip lines you have, accentuating them. The only good things I have to say is that the color I got, Raisinette, is pretty, and staying power is good.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2008 10:27:00 AM More reviews by rosemerry56

I have this in Twig and love it. I swear I do notice a little plumping going on which is kind of fun. I leave this in my makeup bag at work along with the matching BC lip liner in the same color because I love this look for the office. Good lasting power and I like the SPF 15 for when I head outside for lunch. Revives nicely with a little lip balm later in the day. And the price is crazy cheap!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2008 9:34:00 PM More reviews by Bobbie5772

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been using this plumping lipstick in the shade, Twig for years. It has the best staying power with moisture too- whaaa? And it actually plumps my lips just enough and there's no weird tingling sensation. Also it doesn't wander off into the corners of my mouth like some glosses do (recent development-yay-that's sarcasm). The shade called Twig is the most natural for my pale skin. It usually runs about 8 bucks, but I always get it on 2 for one sale and stock up.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2007 12:01:00 PM More reviews by MarianNorris

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have been searching for a lipstick that doesn't cause my lips to peel off in sheets of dead skin! I've finally found it! It seems every lipstick I've loved has been taken off the market. I've been searching for YEARS to replace old favorites! I love this! The texture is great, lasts an adequate amount of time and doesn't dry my lips and make them look dehydrated! I will absolutely be repurchasing this as long as they keep making it. I bought Twig which is a perfect YLBB shade for me and Divine Wine which is a nice wine color that is not bright at all! Love them both! Just depends on my clothing as to which color I choose.