December 22, 2014 | 1737 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Avene - Trixera Emollient Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 12/13/2014 10:32:00 AM More reviews by babybefree

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I found this product on Amazon while looking through other Avene products. I'd never heard of the Trixera cream but purchased it over others because the price per ounce was a way better deal than others ($22 for over 6 oz). It had a bunch of rave reviews here and on amazon and the brand seems pretty luxurious so i took the plunge with a little concern: it contains a bunch of potentially comedogenic oils like coconut oil (also safflower oil, evening primrose oil, mineral oil, and a little soybean oil), and my skin is acne prone and super dry- which is a huge pain to work with.

well, this stuff is PERFECT! it doesn't just moisturize my skin, i feel that it really does help restore the protective acid mantle as well. it even healed my hands up, which get all cracked and raw in the winter. it's more moisturizing and healing than even cerave lotion, with all its ceramides and hyaluronic acid. it can get a little oily at first if you apply too much, but it makes me look dewy rather than greasy, and it does settle in.

most importantly aside from doing its job, it doesn't break me out! i think it may actually be helping prevent breakouts. if you look up the oils on the paula's choice ingredient dictionary, you can read about how all the oils benefit skin.

i highly recommend this to anyone else suffering with some breakouts and dry/dehydrated skin, though be cautious to patch test just in case.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/27/2014 1:46:00 AM More reviews by Nataliedubs

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this moisturizer, but it left my usually happy (but slightly dry) skin feeling extremely scaly, something I have never experienced on my face before. When it was applied it stung, and felt like it was sitting on my face for a long time without absorbing. Sadly, won't be buying this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2014 6:51:00 PM More reviews by seashell8

I love this product!!! This is such a great lotion for body and face. It is perfectly suitable for sensitive skin. I use it daily as a lotion all over my body as well as a night cream and it never breaks me out. My face is dewy, refreshed and balanced in the morning. The price is great too for a dual-purpose cream. Although it does not contain a plethora of antioxidants, I am okay with that. My toner already contains a lot of antioxidants, and I tend to look for simplicity in my moisturizers. I am already planning to add more of this to my stash.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2014 10:00:00 AM More reviews by lilmissprincess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Good product but the price is not that good. Good on sensitive skin. Works great on eczema skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2014 8:41:00 AM More reviews by ishara

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product saved my skin after an allergic reaction. My face has been quite dehydrated for the last few years, which I kinda ignored. I tried this skin after a couple of intense queries on MUA. This cream sank right in, left a greasy feel, but amazingly no breakouts. It calmed the irritated area, and has re-hydrated my skin.

I might not buy this again as my skin normalises, because it is quite intense (or I may use as a night cream). However I can quite confidently say that it has worked wonders in my present condition and I'd fall back on it if I didn't have so much of hyper pigmentation which I hope to eradicate with stronger products.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2014 8:16:00 AM More reviews by AmyLala

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I had cracked skin on my legs that wouldn't go away no matter what I put on, I suffered with this cracked skin for about 8 weeks before I was fed up, embarrassed and wanted a solution and product that would deliver what it says.. So I am familiar with the avene range and it was 20% off, so I picked this baby up and after the first night my cracks diminished by..I'd say 70%.. Now I'm not even joking, the cracks disappeared completely after 3 nights and days of continual use. I will definitely be buying this product again!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2014 6:56:00 PM More reviews by onitacy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I have severe rosacea. I use prosecea (no health insurance for prescriptions, of visits) but needed a soothing moisturizer. This is heaven sent. It has made an amazing difference in softening my skin and minimizing some of the reactiveness. I have used expensive and drugstore brand moisturizers not to mention all the ones rec by doctors. None have worked as well for me as this product. Plus, I like having only one product for the whole body.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2014 2:36:00 PM More reviews by leavingthingsbehind

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is an amazing product if you like me suffer from a very dry, dehydrated skin. This winter I have invested in a big 200 ml tube (it is a new rich texture and fragrance free version - Trixera Selectiose) and I am slathering it all over.

I am using it on my face (works wonders for my under eye skin overnight and in the morning I am adding a tiny dab of it on the top of my cheekbones for some pretty shine and comfort in cold, windy weather) as well all over my body for daytime - here I fragrance it with my Chanel Allure body lotion (1:1) which otherwise would not be hydrating enough on its own for my body. Finally my arms and calves do not itch and I am smelling nice but without breaking the bank (Chanel lotion is quite pricy and I use it up fast - not a great combo).

Apart from some sweet almond oil I have not used any other hydrating product for my skin this winter as it says on the packaging that an open tube of this has to be used up within 6 months. I still have half of my tube left even with such non limited use.

I will definitely buy another tube next winter. It works much better than any fancy and expensive cream (it is only £12 in Boots so quite a steal!) I used before to calm my ever thirsty skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/30/2013 6:33:00 AM More reviews by hautevita

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

ok...how do i explain this. for the body, this is great. it relieves itchiness and is rather moisturizing...however, not moisturizing enough for the winter time. Also, can be kid of oily looking and to touch.

For the face, I tried putting it on my face like others have said, note: my face was bumpy, red and itchy. it DID NOT work on my face, instead it stung ..for a while...on the face it just did not work. it works GREAT from neck down...i find for the face, the Clicafate works much better but that clogs the pores...SIGH.

I will continue buying this for my eczema neck and body, just not face...and it really isnt that moisturizing. overall, it is something i will always have in my bathroom because i rather use this than steroid creams on the neck and body

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2013 9:29:00 PM More reviews by MoodySunshine

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have extremely dry skin around my fingernails, so when my doctor noticed she gave me a few sample sized bottles of this to put on. The product is very strong so I put it on before I go to bed, so I don't have to deal with greasy fingers. The smell isn't the most pleasant, but when it finally soaks in it leaves your skin nice and moisturized. I do wish it was a bit cheaper though.