September 19, 2014 | 1809 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Avene - Trixera Emollient Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2014 10:00:00 AM More reviews by lilmissprincess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Good product but the price is not that good. Good on sensitive skin. Works great on eczema skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/5/2014 8:41:00 AM More reviews by ishara

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product saved my skin after an allergic reaction. My face has been quite dehydrated for the last few years, which I kinda ignored. I tried this skin after a couple of intense queries on MUA. This cream sank right in, left a greasy feel, but amazingly no breakouts. It calmed the irritated area, and has re-hydrated my skin.

I might not buy this again as my skin normalises, because it is quite intense (or I may use as a night cream). However I can quite confidently say that it has worked wonders in my present condition and I'd fall back on it if I didn't have so much of hyper pigmentation which I hope to eradicate with stronger products.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2014 8:16:00 AM More reviews by AmyLala

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I had cracked skin on my legs that wouldn't go away no matter what I put on, I suffered with this cracked skin for about 8 weeks before I was fed up, embarrassed and wanted a solution and product that would deliver what it says.. So I am familiar with the avene range and it was 20% off, so I picked this baby up and after the first night my cracks diminished by..I'd say 70%.. Now I'm not even joking, the cracks disappeared completely after 3 nights and days of continual use. I will definitely be buying this product again!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2014 6:56:00 PM More reviews by onitacy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I have severe rosacea. I use prosecea (no health insurance for prescriptions, of visits) but needed a soothing moisturizer. This is heaven sent. It has made an amazing difference in softening my skin and minimizing some of the reactiveness. I have used expensive and drugstore brand moisturizers not to mention all the ones rec by doctors. None have worked as well for me as this product. Plus, I like having only one product for the whole body.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2014 2:36:00 PM More reviews by leavingthingsbehind

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is an amazing product if you like me suffer from a very dry, dehydrated skin. This winter I have invested in a big 200 ml tube (it is a new rich texture and fragrance free version - Trixera Selectiose) and I am slathering it all over.

I am using it on my face (works wonders for my under eye skin overnight and in the morning I am adding a tiny dab of it on the top of my cheekbones for some pretty shine and comfort in cold, windy weather) as well all over my body for daytime - here I fragrance it with my Chanel Allure body lotion (1:1) which otherwise would not be hydrating enough on its own for my body. Finally my arms and calves do not itch and I am smelling nice but without breaking the bank (Chanel lotion is quite pricy and I use it up fast - not a great combo).

Apart from some sweet almond oil I have not used any other hydrating product for my skin this winter as it says on the packaging that an open tube of this has to be used up within 6 months. I still have half of my tube left even with such non limited use.

I will definitely buy another tube next winter. It works much better than any fancy and expensive cream (it is only £12 in Boots so quite a steal!) I used before to calm my ever thirsty skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/30/2013 6:33:00 AM More reviews by hautevita

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

ok...how do i explain this. for the body, this is great. it relieves itchiness and is rather moisturizing...however, not moisturizing enough for the winter time. Also, can be kid of oily looking and to touch.

For the face, I tried putting it on my face like others have said, note: my face was bumpy, red and itchy. it DID NOT work on my face, instead it stung ..for a while...on the face it just did not work. it works GREAT from neck down...i find for the face, the Clicafate works much better but that clogs the pores...SIGH.

I will continue buying this for my eczema neck and body, just not face...and it really isnt that moisturizing. overall, it is something i will always have in my bathroom because i rather use this than steroid creams on the neck and body

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2013 9:29:00 PM More reviews by MoodySunshine

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have extremely dry skin around my fingernails, so when my doctor noticed she gave me a few sample sized bottles of this to put on. The product is very strong so I put it on before I go to bed, so I don't have to deal with greasy fingers. The smell isn't the most pleasant, but when it finally soaks in it leaves your skin nice and moisturized. I do wish it was a bit cheaper though.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/11/2012 4:11:00 AM More reviews by yummytofu

Let me begin by saying my skin is far from perfect , but it's never been 'terrible' per see , that was of course until I started using this delightful cream by avene..one night in , I got 3 new blemishes and my rash exasperated x 1000! I returned this STRAIGHT away , I much prefer ella bache creme intex for irritated areas.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/10/2012 2:51:00 AM More reviews by moisturisingqueen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to like this product but unfortunately I couldn't. I have eczema on my face and this seemed gentle enough to use on tender areas. However this product BURNED MY FACE upon applying. My face was stinging so much I could barely open my eyes or mouth. I drowned my face in cooling water immediately however when I looked in the mirror the redness of my face almost gave me a fright. I went straight back to the pharmacy the following morning and refunded it. The manager had informed me that other customers had experienced similar problems with this product too. If you want a product to treat eczema please try the Avene cicalfate creme instead.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/16/2012 12:20:00 AM More reviews by Tpot

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this because have heard so much about how Avene is good for people with sensitive, allergy proned skins. I had a bad bout of eczema on my legs. The skin there is really dry with scaly patches & uneven skin tone. I first applied the cream on my legs, & since its so emollient, I ended up applying it all over my body. Big mistake. Within 1/2 an hour I was itching all over, but especialy badly on my legs, which also turned red. It was so intolerable that I finally had to wash it all off. That didn't stop the itch completely though. Had to take some anti-histamine for that. So, lesson learned, patch test 1st, and everyone's skin is different. However, I must add, though this cream didn't work for me, Avene's Soothing Hydrating Serum works so well for my facial skin, which is oily, but dehydrated.