November 22, 2014 | 1339 users online

Skincare - Face - Jojoba Oil

rated 3 of 5 on 11/18/2014 3:22:00 AM More reviews by Michelle1642

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

It broke me out unfortunately.. I used it as an extra moisturizer to protect my face from the harsh winter but I had whiteheads forming on my chin and some would even get inflamed. I had to stop it. My skin has been so much better after I started using all natural products and oils. Moisture is restored back, small wrinkles are fading away and I have no reactions on my sensitive skin. However, it's all trial and error with oils. I still love jojoba oil though and I use it now as a moisturizer for the neck area - the much forgotten area- and it absolutely works wonders. I also use it in my DIY body oil. I haven't tried it in my hair yet which I plan to do soon. I will also be adding it to shea butter and using it as a foot cream at night. Even if it broke you out, don't throw the bottle out because there are so many uses you can get out of it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2014 7:56:00 AM More reviews by blooiejagwa

Jojoba works amazingly after shower, on my hair. It is very thin, curly, and dry hair. Jojoba leaves hair soft and (i think) smoothes my hair a ton. (I do an oil treatment beforehand, shampoo it out, use a good conditioner, and then this jojoba, to 'seal in' the moisture'....it makes a massive difference. It is better than argan oil, or that popular 'smoothing serum' that i forget the brand of, for me.) Normally my hair goes frizzy if I try to brush it when it's dry, but I swear with this, it doesn't get greasy, nor frizzy. And I don't need my usual leave-in salon treatments, which are very expensive. Andddd (this keeps going on) , it works better than the Inebrya Ice Cream Straightening treatment I normally need before hair straightener. The hair doesn't go frizzy or look damaged.

So for my hair it is 100% holy grail. No doubt.

I also use it as a sealant after moisturizer or on damp skin without any irritation/pimples.
I want to share a 'body lotion' recipe which really helps in the Canadian winters. A 3 tspn jojoba, 2 tb olive oil (the best quality that u know of bcuz it really makes a diff), 2 tb organic raw coconut oil, a few drops organic raw honey (don't worry, end result is not sticky at all FYI), 1/2 tablespoon aloe vera gel (the kind with preservative; not directly from leaf), a small scoop (1-2 tablespoons) of any 'body butter' (shea-butter based--i use 'belly butter' by Abundance Naturally Baby--purported to help with stretch marks--on its own it is too greasy for me), 1/2 cup water, 1/4 tspn cocoa, a bit of lavender oil, a couple drops vanilla extract.
You mix it together in a blender, pour in a clean, disinfected bottle, and it works beautifully!
The cocoa doesn't rub off on even white clothes (i went to sleep in white clothes just to check for this review), but lends a nice aroma. It's really yummy and keeps skin moisturized all day/night! I just make this little bit at a time. It absorbs --no greasy feeling-- it works better than the $$ lotions n body butters I was buying for years, because those tend to break me out in rashes or remain greasy, or not moisturize enough. And like I said, even though the ingredients all sound a bit iffy individually, when combined like this, it isn't at all oily or tacky or sticky, it just...absorbs :D Even if nobody follows this recipe, the point is you can mix it into body lotions and it helps them absorb!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2014 10:31:00 PM More reviews by lushlife505

One of the better oils I have tried but unfortunately my oily skin is not a fan.
It never helped with oil production and only made my situation worse.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2014 2:06:00 PM More reviews by username2468

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My mom bought an 120 mL bottle (approx. 4 oz) of Now brand jojoba oil at the health food store for about $10 a few months ago. Definitely not the cheapest skincare oil they sell, but boy, is it great! My teenage sister, myself (also a teenager), and my mom (early 50's) all love it. My skin, though never super problematic, has become insanely soft, without so much as a pimple. The strange red bumps on my sister's cheeks, which she has had for most of her teenage years have all but disappeared. My mom's skin is noticeably smoother and healthier looking.

As for the oil itself, it is a honey-coloured and fairly runny, with a light, plantlike odour, not unlike canola oil. It is stored in a clear bottle with a disk top, which can cause it to pour out too quickly. I apply it every morning and evening after washing my face. It looks a little greasy when I first put it on, but it absorbs quickly.

In general, this is a great moisturizer for many skin types, and I'd recommend it to anyone!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2014 1:15:00 PM More reviews by bettyspaceage

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for over a year as a makeup remover/cleanser/moisturizer and kind of been experimenting how to use it with my skin and it's great! it also removes waterproof makeup! I stopped using it as a moisturizer though and use only a couple of drops as a serum before moisturizer/primer/makeup. my face used to be very oily and this fixed the problem! HG ❤️

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2014 10:08:00 AM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Jojoba is not an oil - it's an ester - and compatible with human sebum.
Excellent as a carrier for aromatherapeutic purposes.
Easy to find. Stable.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2014 7:45:00 PM More reviews by SDSnyds

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use the 100% pure jojoba oil by now solutions. I only use this at night because it is a heavier moisturizer and all of it won't completely absorb but it does a good job. I don't feel the need to even wash my face in the morning. Just a few splashes of water then I apply my primer and my powder foundation. For being an oil I thought I was going to wake up with the biggest oily mess on my face ever when I first started using this. But I find I wake up slightly less oily then when I had put this on and definitely less then if I had used a regular nighttime moisturizer which surprised me. I haven't broken out from this either and my skin is very oily, not really breakout prone but definitely oily. I will continue using this as a nighttime treatment.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2014 7:15:00 AM More reviews by frippery

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

I have been using this for years. I've tried the Desert Essence, Now and Pharmaca brands and found them to be pretty much interchangeable.

My skin is combo oily/dry and prone to milia bumps and whiteheads but not pimples. However, I find a lot of moisturizers too heavy, and they often have too many ingredients or fragrance which can be problematic and cause me to break out. I like that this has only one ingredient (jojoba seed). It's mild, non irritating, has no added fragrance. I've tried coconut and olive oil and found them to be too heavy. This just agrees with my skin.

I use it several ways:
1) to remove eye makeup
2) mixed in with body lotion for extra softness
3) as a face moisturizer: my favorite way to use it is to smooth 5-6 drops over my skin, rinse with water, then pat dry (if i'm not rinsing it off, i use much less-- a drop or two). it leaves my skin feeling balanced and soothed, not greasy.

On hair, I find it tricky. Smoothes dry ends if I use very little (a drop or two) but it's easy to overdo it. I've also tried this as a deep conditioning treatment (saturated dry hair and left on overnight). It helped with the dryness but was just too difficult to shampoo out.

Costs around $10-12 per bottle which lasts me a good 6 mths.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2014 2:27:00 PM More reviews by tmciulla

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought mine from Leven Rose and I couldn't be happier. Wonderful as a serum under my night time moisturizer and makes a great AM cleanser. My skin looks and feels smoother and more hydrated.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2014 5:59:00 AM More reviews by blairpeony

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

Jojoba oil has helped my skin so much.I have acne-prone sensitive skin with acne spots and scars.I wanted a natural moisturizer for my face because the last few months it has been reacting so badly to everything I used.My face was red,the area around my nose and mouth was really
dry,flaky,red and was burning.I tried my Sensibio light from Bioderma but cured the problem for only a few hours.Then I tried almond oil which seemed to make it ok but the next day my face was back to being horrible.Btw I think almond oil isnt even suitable for oily skin.
I had given jojoba oil a try last year to help me with my acne.However I wasnt satisfied with the results and I had been using it for my hair - amazing!!!!
So I bought it again this year and I dont even know why I gave up on it.I got the Apivita (greek brand) organic jojoba oil and I paid about 10 euros for 50 ml.not bad at all since a little goes a loooooooong way!!
The texture is very light,it is clear in colour,and I think the scent can be described as earthy and natural.
I use 3-4 drops for my face and make sure to massage it really well.I even put it around my eyes and on my lips.Guess what.No more dry skin,no more flakiness,no more redness,bye bye horrible skin!!!:-)
Moreover this doesn't make me greasy.Before that I would wake up -whatever I had put on my face- and I would be an oily mess.But now my face has a healthy glow -no more greasiness that I had to wipe constantly.
Also this little magic thing saved me from a rash/eczema I had developed from applying Nivea creme around my mouth.It hurt so bad I could barely open my mouth.I was applying jojoba oil on my face several times for just a day and next morning it was completely healed!!! This is the only moisturizer I will be using since so many more expensive products have completely disappointed me.Also I had tried this under makeup and it is great.It gives you a beautiful glow although it doesn't last as much.but who cares?? Using jojoba oil will make sure you won't have to use too much makeup on your amazing,clear face.
Jojoba oil is great for my skin and I will never stop using it:-)♥ Now I know for sure that the simpler your beauty routine and as natural as possible , the better for you!!!
**********EDIT**********: NOT WORKING FOR ME ANYMORE,BREAKOUT CITY.MY ACNE-PRONE SKIN NEEDS SOMETHING MORE EFFECTIVE.