Jojoba Oil

4.3

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I have used Jojoba oil for quite awhile now as it seems to moisturize nicely. I have been using Tretinoin for the past year and the Jojoba seems to really help how much my skin dries out due to the treatment. I ran out of Jojoba oil and have used a generic non-irritating cream the past couple of months and it seems like my rosacea has really calmed down. I plan on reintroducing the oil and see what happens.

on 3/22/2015 9:16:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

The only con of jojoba oil is it's more expensive than the dirt cheap mineral or grapeseed oil. I've been spoiled by spending <$4 for a 6 month supply.....now I spend about $10/month.

But the pros of Jojoba oil outweigh that one con. This is the ***ONLY*** oil I've ever found that I can leave on my skin as a moisturizer without waking up to a nasty break out. I really didn't think I would ever find the right oil. I tried olive, coconut, walnut, grapeseed (I like it but can only use for mu removal), argan, mineral (same case as grapeseed), sunflower......the list goes on. All of those gave me awful pimples and clogged pores when left on overnight. Jojoba just left me with soft skin. It's incredible to me.

I like using jojoba to remove my MU, although it does get sort of pricey given the fact I use a generous amount. On the other hand - one bottle of this is still a hell of a lot cheaper than any premade items at Sephora. All oils seem to do the same job/efficiency when it comes to removing make up. I'm able to get long-wear foundations and physical sunscreen off in one go.

I use a few drops mixed with my mineral foundation to create a liquid. It makes my skin glow, when mixed together I find it gives more coverage than the powder alone. I have oily skin and I use it as a moisturizer and also mix it with clay mask powder to keep the clay from being too drying. I love it.

on 3/10/2015 9:06:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I started using tea tree oil and lavender for my horrible acne. I've only been doing this for a week and a half and my skin was clearing up and it was amazing. So I thought I should add some jojoba oil to help with this. BAD idea. My skin broke out like crazy after first use. I'm horrified. So I have acne on my cheeks down to my jawline and chin, a little unnoticeable bumps on my chest, and distrusting huge scarring acne on my upper back. I hate those the most. But before I went to sleep I did my tea tree oil and lavender routine but this time I added a few drops of jojoba oil to my face, chest, and back. They next morning, I broke out. Not tiny bumps but the huge scarring kind on my face and back. And then bigger bumps than usual on my chest. Ugh. I was really hoping this jojoba oil was going to my best friend but really it left my skin much worse than what I started with.

on 2/20/2015 11:08:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Seriously love this. Made my skin so so soft and silky!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I use Jojoba oil strictly as a make up remover and I have yet to find another one. It even removes the most stubborn waterproof mascara.

In the evening, I warm a couple drops of this between my fingers and gently massage over my face and eyes and wipe it away with a damp, warm wash cloth. Some use this to clean their face, but my skin is oily so I follow up with my facial cleanser.

This is a bit pricey but a little goes a long way and I've stretched out a small bottle to about a year.

on 1/8/2015 2:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Before using this my skin was so oily that at the end of the day I would wipe my forehead and see the oil on the back of my hand. I did some research online and learned that jojoba oil mimics the structure of naturally produce sebum and tricks the skin into thinking that it's already produced enough so it impedes the production. I bought a 100ml bottle for £7.99 from Amazon and after the first few uses, I saw an instant improvement. I continued to use this over a period of 6 months and I can honestly say that my breakouts and blackheads have decreased and, most importantly, my skin is much, much less oily. I would 100% recommend this to anyone with oily skin, it's an absolute life saver!

on 12/24/2014 11:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

This is a review for the Jojoba Company's jojoba oil.

I picked up some from TKB Trading to try for the oil cleansing method. On my dehydrated-normal skin, I find that some of the oil is absorbed faster than I would like. I have to add more if I want to use it to cleanse thoroughly, which makes it more finicky than other oils I've used (apricot kernel, mineral, etc.). It does remove my makeup easily though, but I prefer the thicker mineral oil for that. I've also tried jojoba oil after my regular moisturizer on my face or body. Some of it does absorb quickly but I'm usually left with a slight oily sheen so I prefer rosehip seed oil which sinks in faster.

Overall, jojoba oil is a solid and readily available option for makeup removal or moisturizing, but I personally won't be repurchasing since I prefer other oils on my skin type.

on 12/22/2014 9:13:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

I originally bought this for my hair, but the oil didn't absorb into my hair, just sort of sealed over the ends and made it look greasy.
Since I found out early on that it didn't work for my hair, I started using it for different things.
I found that it works for my face. It still doesn't absorb easily, but it also didn't clog my pores.
Sometimes, I'll put it into my hand creams.

The only bad thing about jojoba oil is that it leaks no matter what kind of container it is in.

on 12/10/2014 11:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Currently using this at my nighttime face moisturizer and I love it! It's a little greasy at first but sinks in after a while and makes my skin glow. Plus it's so soft and it has definitely helped clear up the occasional acne I get. I have a little bottle of the "now" brand and it's definitely going to last me a while because a little goes a long way. Don't be afraid to try this if you are oily and acne prone because it worked for me!

Popular Face Skincare Products