Jojoba Oil

4.3

on 2/20/2015 11:08:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Seriously love this. Made my skin so so soft and silky!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I use Jojoba oil strictly as a make up remover and I have yet to find another one. It even removes the most stubborn waterproof mascara.

In the evening, I warm a couple drops of this between my fingers and gently massage over my face and eyes and wipe it away with a damp, warm wash cloth. Some use this to clean their face, but my skin is oily so I follow up with my facial cleanser.

This is a bit pricey but a little goes a long way and I've stretched out a small bottle to about a year.

on 1/8/2015 2:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Before using this my skin was so oily that at the end of the day I would wipe my forehead and see the oil on the back of my hand. I did some research online and learned that jojoba oil mimics the structure of naturally produce sebum and tricks the skin into thinking that it's already produced enough so it impedes the production. I bought a 100ml bottle for £7.99 from Amazon and after the first few uses, I saw an instant improvement. I continued to use this over a period of 6 months and I can honestly say that my breakouts and blackheads have decreased and, most importantly, my skin is much, much less oily. I would 100% recommend this to anyone with oily skin, it's an absolute life saver!

on 12/24/2014 11:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

This is a review for the Jojoba Company's jojoba oil.

I picked up some from TKB Trading to try for the oil cleansing method. On my dehydrated-normal skin, I find that some of the oil is absorbed faster than I would like. I have to add more if I want to use it to cleanse thoroughly, which makes it more finicky than other oils I've used (apricot kernel, mineral, etc.). It does remove my makeup easily though, but I prefer the thicker mineral oil for that. I've also tried jojoba oil after my regular moisturizer on my face or body. Some of it does absorb quickly but I'm usually left with a slight oily sheen so I prefer rosehip seed oil which sinks in faster.

Overall, jojoba oil is a solid and readily available option for makeup removal or moisturizing, but I personally won't be repurchasing since I prefer other oils on my skin type.

on 12/22/2014 9:13:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

I originally bought this for my hair, but the oil didn't absorb into my hair, just sort of sealed over the ends and made it look greasy.
Since I found out early on that it didn't work for my hair, I started using it for different things.
I found that it works for my face. It still doesn't absorb easily, but it also didn't clog my pores.
Sometimes, I'll put it into my hand creams.

The only bad thing about jojoba oil is that it leaks no matter what kind of container it is in.

on 12/10/2014 11:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Currently using this at my nighttime face moisturizer and I love it! It's a little greasy at first but sinks in after a while and makes my skin glow. Plus it's so soft and it has definitely helped clear up the occasional acne I get. I have a little bottle of the "now" brand and it's definitely going to last me a while because a little goes a long way. Don't be afraid to try this if you are oily and acne prone because it worked for me!

on 12/4/2014 10:17:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

After tons of brand nail companies using jojoba in there nail/cuticle oils, I decided to stop spending extra money and just buy a large bottle at the local health food store for cheaper.

I just decant into an empty cuticle oil bottle, and brush on to nails/cuticles nightly.
I also will use it in a pinch to moisture my hair. (I still prefer to use Wen hair oil for this purpose just because they smell so heavenly, but if i'm out of wen...my health food store jojoba works just as well.)

Great skin, hair and nail moisturizer.

on 12/4/2014 9:57:00 AM

After reading the nice reviews about this product, I said to myself that I have to try it! I did and it didn't go well. I tried it from many brands. It is horrible.

As a cleanser- I put a few drops in my palms, I warmed up the oil, applied it on my face and neck, massaged, washed it off first with a cotton pad soaked in warm water and then with my facial wash, followed up by my toner. Gave me deep cysts and some pimples.

As a moisturiser- the first few times I put it on dry skin and I noticed that the next morning my skin was dry with some white patches so the next evening I put it on wet skin and in the morning my skin was looking better. But after just few days, this stuff gave me pimples and cysts. I thought I am having the purging days but after a few weeks of trying different brands, I just had to give up on it because it gave me some horrible, deep, painful cysts on my neck and on my face that lasted for weeks to go away and left scars!

on 11/18/2014 3:22:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

It broke me out unfortunately.. I used it as an extra moisturizer to protect my face from the harsh winter but I had whiteheads forming on my chin and some would even get inflamed. I had to stop it. My skin has been so much better after I started using all natural products and oils. Moisture is restored back, small wrinkles are fading away and I have no reactions on my sensitive skin. However, it's all trial and error with oils. I still love jojoba oil though and I use it now as a moisturizer for the neck area - the much forgotten area- and it absolutely works wonders. I also use it in my DIY body oil. I haven't tried it in my hair yet which I plan to do soon. I will also be adding it to shea butter and using it as a foot cream at night. Even if it broke you out, don't throw the bottle out because there are so many uses you can get out of it.

on 11/17/2014 7:56:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Jojoba works amazingly after shower, on my hair. It is very thin, curly, and dry hair. Jojoba leaves hair soft and (i think) smoothes my hair a ton. (I do an oil treatment beforehand, shampoo it out, use a good conditioner, and then this jojoba, to 'seal in' the moisture'....it makes a massive difference. It is better than argan oil, or that popular 'smoothing serum' that i forget the brand of, for me.) Normally my hair goes frizzy if I try to brush it when it's dry, but I swear with this, it doesn't get greasy, nor frizzy. And I don't need my usual leave-in salon treatments, which are very expensive. Andddd (this keeps going on) , it works better than the Inebrya Ice Cream Straightening treatment I normally need before hair straightener. The hair doesn't go frizzy or look damaged.

So for my hair it is 100% holy grail. No doubt.

I also use it as a sealant after moisturizer or on damp skin without any irritation/pimples.
I want to share a 'body lotion' recipe which really helps in the Canadian winters. A 3 tspn jojoba, 2 tb olive oil (the best quality that u know of bcuz it really makes a diff), 2 tb organic raw coconut oil, a few drops organic raw honey (don't worry, end result is not sticky at all FYI), 1/2 tablespoon aloe vera gel (the kind with preservative; not directly from leaf), a small scoop (1-2 tablespoons) of any 'body butter' (shea-butter based--i use 'belly butter' by Abundance Naturally Baby--purported to help with stretch marks--on its own it is too greasy for me), 1/2 cup water, 1/4 tspn cocoa, a bit of lavender oil, a couple drops vanilla extract.
You mix it together in a blender, pour in a clean, disinfected bottle, and it works beautifully!
The cocoa doesn't rub off on even white clothes (i went to sleep in white clothes just to check for this review), but lends a nice aroma. It's really yummy and keeps skin moisturized all day/night! I just make this little bit at a time. It absorbs --no greasy feeling-- it works better than the $$ lotions n body butters I was buying for years, because those tend to break me out in rashes or remain greasy, or not moisturize enough. And like I said, even though the ingredients all sound a bit iffy individually, when combined like this, it isn't at all oily or tacky or sticky, it just...absorbs :D Even if nobody follows this recipe, the point is you can mix it into body lotions and it helps them absorb!

Popular Face Skincare Products