December 19, 2014 | 857 users online

Skincare - Face - Jojoba Oil

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2014 11:23:00 PM More reviews by brooke2010

Currently using this at my nighttime face moisturizer and I love it! It's a little greasy at first but sinks in after a while and makes my skin glow. Plus it's so soft and it has definitely helped clear up the occasional acne I get. I have a little bottle of the "now" brand and it's definitely going to last me a while because a little goes a long way. Don't be afraid to try this if you are oily and acne prone because it worked for me!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2014 10:17:00 AM More reviews by tigirlyly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

After tons of brand nail companies using jojoba in there nail/cuticle oils, I decided to stop spending extra money and just buy a large bottle at the local health food store for cheaper.

I just decant into an empty cuticle oil bottle, and brush on to nails/cuticles nightly.
I also will use it in a pinch to moisture my hair. (I still prefer to use Wen hair oil for this purpose just because they smell so heavenly, but if i'm out of wen...my health food store jojoba works just as well.)

Great skin, hair and nail moisturizer.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2014 9:57:00 AM More reviews by cherryme

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

After reading the nice reviews about this product, I said to myself that I have to try it! I did and it didn't go well. I tried it from many brands. It is horrible.

As a cleanser- I put a few drops in my palms, I warmed up the oil, applied it on my face and neck, massaged, washed it off first with a cotton pad soaked in warm water and then with my facial wash, followed up by my toner. Gave me deep cysts and some pimples.

As a moisturiser- the first few times I put it on dry skin and I noticed that the next morning my skin was dry with some white patches so the next evening I put it on wet skin and in the morning my skin was looking better. But after just few days, this stuff gave me pimples and cysts. I thought I am having the purging days but after a few weeks of trying different brands, I just had to give up on it because it gave me some horrible, deep, painful cysts on my neck and on my face that lasted for weeks to go away and left scars!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/18/2014 3:22:00 AM More reviews by Michelle1642

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

It broke me out unfortunately.. I used it as an extra moisturizer to protect my face from the harsh winter but I had whiteheads forming on my chin and some would even get inflamed. I had to stop it. My skin has been so much better after I started using all natural products and oils. Moisture is restored back, small wrinkles are fading away and I have no reactions on my sensitive skin. However, it's all trial and error with oils. I still love jojoba oil though and I use it now as a moisturizer for the neck area - the much forgotten area- and it absolutely works wonders. I also use it in my DIY body oil. I haven't tried it in my hair yet which I plan to do soon. I will also be adding it to shea butter and using it as a foot cream at night. Even if it broke you out, don't throw the bottle out because there are so many uses you can get out of it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2014 7:56:00 AM More reviews by blooiejagwa

Jojoba works amazingly after shower, on my hair. It is very thin, curly, and dry hair. Jojoba leaves hair soft and (i think) smoothes my hair a ton. (I do an oil treatment beforehand, shampoo it out, use a good conditioner, and then this jojoba, to 'seal in' the moisture'....it makes a massive difference. It is better than argan oil, or that popular 'smoothing serum' that i forget the brand of, for me.) Normally my hair goes frizzy if I try to brush it when it's dry, but I swear with this, it doesn't get greasy, nor frizzy. And I don't need my usual leave-in salon treatments, which are very expensive. Andddd (this keeps going on) , it works better than the Inebrya Ice Cream Straightening treatment I normally need before hair straightener. The hair doesn't go frizzy or look damaged.

So for my hair it is 100% holy grail. No doubt.

I also use it as a sealant after moisturizer or on damp skin without any irritation/pimples.
I want to share a 'body lotion' recipe which really helps in the Canadian winters. A 3 tspn jojoba, 2 tb olive oil (the best quality that u know of bcuz it really makes a diff), 2 tb organic raw coconut oil, a few drops organic raw honey (don't worry, end result is not sticky at all FYI), 1/2 tablespoon aloe vera gel (the kind with preservative; not directly from leaf), a small scoop (1-2 tablespoons) of any 'body butter' (shea-butter based--i use 'belly butter' by Abundance Naturally Baby--purported to help with stretch marks--on its own it is too greasy for me), 1/2 cup water, 1/4 tspn cocoa, a bit of lavender oil, a couple drops vanilla extract.
You mix it together in a blender, pour in a clean, disinfected bottle, and it works beautifully!
The cocoa doesn't rub off on even white clothes (i went to sleep in white clothes just to check for this review), but lends a nice aroma. It's really yummy and keeps skin moisturized all day/night! I just make this little bit at a time. It absorbs --no greasy feeling-- it works better than the $$ lotions n body butters I was buying for years, because those tend to break me out in rashes or remain greasy, or not moisturize enough. And like I said, even though the ingredients all sound a bit iffy individually, when combined like this, it isn't at all oily or tacky or sticky, it just...absorbs :D Even if nobody follows this recipe, the point is you can mix it into body lotions and it helps them absorb!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2014 10:31:00 PM More reviews by lushlife505

One of the better oils I have tried but unfortunately my oily skin is not a fan.
It never helped with oil production and only made my situation worse.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2014 2:06:00 PM More reviews by username2468

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My mom bought an 120 mL bottle (approx. 4 oz) of Now brand jojoba oil at the health food store for about $10 a few months ago. Definitely not the cheapest skincare oil they sell, but boy, is it great! My teenage sister, myself (also a teenager), and my mom (early 50's) all love it. My skin, though never super problematic, has become insanely soft, without so much as a pimple. The strange red bumps on my sister's cheeks, which she has had for most of her teenage years have all but disappeared. My mom's skin is noticeably smoother and healthier looking.

As for the oil itself, it is a honey-coloured and fairly runny, with a light, plantlike odour, not unlike canola oil. It is stored in a clear bottle with a disk top, which can cause it to pour out too quickly. I apply it every morning and evening after washing my face. It looks a little greasy when I first put it on, but it absorbs quickly.

In general, this is a great moisturizer for many skin types, and I'd recommend it to anyone!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2014 1:15:00 PM More reviews by bettyspaceage

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for over a year as a makeup remover/cleanser/moisturizer and kind of been experimenting how to use it with my skin and it's great! it also removes waterproof makeup! I stopped using it as a moisturizer though and use only a couple of drops as a serum before moisturizer/primer/makeup. my face used to be very oily and this fixed the problem! HG ❤️

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/1/2014 10:08:00 AM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Jojoba is not an oil - it's an ester - and compatible with human sebum.
Excellent as a carrier for aromatherapeutic purposes.
Easy to find. Stable.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2014 7:45:00 PM More reviews by SDSnyds

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use the 100% pure jojoba oil by now solutions. I only use this at night because it is a heavier moisturizer and all of it won't completely absorb but it does a good job. I don't feel the need to even wash my face in the morning. Just a few splashes of water then I apply my primer and my powder foundation. For being an oil I thought I was going to wake up with the biggest oily mess on my face ever when I first started using this. But I find I wake up slightly less oily then when I had put this on and definitely less then if I had used a regular nighttime moisturizer which surprised me. I haven't broken out from this either and my skin is very oily, not really breakout prone but definitely oily. I will continue using this as a nighttime treatment.