July 28, 2014 | 2038 users online

Skincare - Face - Jojoba Oil

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2014 7:45:00 PM More reviews by SDSnyds

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use the 100% pure jojoba oil by now solutions. I only use this at night because it is a heavier moisturizer and all of it won't completely absorb but it does a good job. I don't feel the need to even wash my face in the morning. Just a few splashes of water then I apply my primer and my powder foundation. For being an oil I thought I was going to wake up with the biggest oily mess on my face ever when I first started using this. But I find I wake up slightly less oily then when I had put this on and definitely less then if I had used a regular nighttime moisturizer which surprised me. I haven't broken out from this either and my skin is very oily, not really breakout prone but definitely oily. I will continue using this as a nighttime treatment.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2014 7:15:00 AM More reviews by fsmeath

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i love this for skin. It's mild, has no added fragrance, removes makeup quickly. It's excellent over lotion to seal in moisture.

On hair, it's a bit tricky. You can smooth dry ends if you use very little (a drop or two) but it's easy to overdo it. i've also tried this as a deep conditioning treatment (saturated dry hair and left on overnight). It helped with the dryness but was just to difficult to shampoo out.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2014 2:27:00 PM More reviews by tmciulla

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought mine from Leven Rose and I couldn't be happier. Wonderful as a serum under my night time moisturizer and makes a great AM cleanser. My skin looks and feels smoother and more hydrated.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2014 5:59:00 AM More reviews by blairpeony

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

Jojoba oil has helped my skin so much.I have acne-prone sensitive skin with acne spots and scars.I wanted a natural moisturizer for my face because the last few months it has been reacting so badly to everything I used.My face was red,the area around my nose and mouth was really
dry,flaky,red and was burning.I tried my Sensibio light from Bioderma but cured the problem for only a few hours.Then I tried almond oil which seemed to make it ok but the next day my face was back to being horrible.Btw I think almond oil isnt even suitable for oily skin.
I had given jojoba oil a try last year to help me with my acne.However I wasnt satisfied with the results and I had been using it for my hair - amazing!!!!
So I bought it again this year and I dont even know why I gave up on it.I got the Apivita (greek brand) organic jojoba oil and I paid about 10 euros for 50 ml.not bad at all since a little goes a loooooooong way!!
The texture is very light,it is clear in colour,and I think the scent can be described as earthy and natural.
I use 3-4 drops for my face and make sure to massage it really well.I even put it around my eyes and on my lips.Guess what.No more dry skin,no more flakiness,no more redness,bye bye horrible skin!!!:-)
Moreover this doesn't make me greasy.Before that I would wake up -whatever I had put on my face- and I would be an oily mess.But now my face has a healthy glow -no more greasiness that I had to wipe constantly.
Also this little magic thing saved me from a rash/eczema I had developed from applying Nivea creme around my mouth.It hurt so bad I could barely open my mouth.I was applying jojoba oil on my face several times for just a day and next morning it was completely healed!!! This is the only moisturizer I will be using since so many more expensive products have completely disappointed me.Also I had tried this under makeup and it is great.It gives you a beautiful glow although it doesn't last as much.but who cares?? Using jojoba oil will make sure you won't have to use too much makeup on your amazing,clear face.
Jojoba oil is great for my skin and I will never stop using it:-)♥ Now I know for sure that the simpler your beauty routine and as natural as possible , the better for you!!!
**********EDIT**********: NOT WORKING FOR ME ANYMORE,BREAKOUT CITY.MY ACNE-PRONE SKIN NEEDS SOMETHING MORE EFFECTIVE.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/2/2014 7:22:00 AM More reviews by tiffoie

Ok i bought a bottle of this from the australian golden jojoba oil line in hopes of curing my breakout. Turns out it just made it worse.It made my skin super dry and tight and red as well. I started to have flakes in my cheekbone and undereye area to the point where i began to have crow's feet and im only 17! . I was told this was good for clogged pores but it made it even worse. I tried using a moisturiser over this to ease the dryness but it didnt do much. I used this product for 3 weeks and ive been told the purging period lasts about 10 days so obviously this product is shit for my skin. However to finish the remaining amount(it was expensive), i decided to use it on my hair. And it works great. Made it less dry and shiny. So i would totally rcommend to use it for your hair. Also, the packaging is not so great. The pump squirts it out straight therefore t sort of goes everywher. I would definitely not recommend except myb for hair.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/9/2014 10:13:00 AM More reviews by BlackHoleDiver

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Jojoba oil is tricky. Natural, non-coney, eco-safe but greasy, hard to absorb and a questionable hair conditioner.
So what's the real problem? It's can be hard to manage. Yes, it's harmless. It's natural. It doesn't have an overpowering fragrance. And it does resemble what the body creates itself, like a reviewer said below. I've been trying unconventional methods for my hair, like glycerin, which so far I like. However, this one is tough. First, it doesn't sink into skin very easily. And second, it makes my hair look unwashed. Maybe if added to a shampoo it could work but I think the soap just washes it right out. I definitely can't use it under makeup and I can't leave the apartment looking like I rubbed oil in my hair, even though, yeah, I rubbed oil in my hair. Any suggestions on how to use it properly will be appreciated because it's a nice concept but the execution is another story. All I know is a lot of people are like me: wanting non-coney methods of hair care that moisturize just enough without LOOKING like you loaded your hair with ten layers of gunk. I would only buy this again if I figured out a way to use it without the ick.
On the upside, I guess the ick doesn't matter if you only leave it on at night.:)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2014 8:17:00 PM More reviews by lollipopgraceE

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

My HG skincare oil and one of the few that doesn't break me out :) It leaves my skin calm, glowing, moisturized, and flake-free (when I first started using Retin-A I got some dry flakes which were completely destroyed by jojoba oil)

Note: I've used Desert Essence, Now Foods Jojoba oils, and a bulk one I bought from a organic living/ soap supply store in my city. All of them work about the same for my skin although I prefer Desert Essence's slightly thicker consistency a little more.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2014 7:51:00 AM More reviews by MissOrthodox

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've read that Jojoba (jo-jo-ba) oil is known as:

"...the oil (wax) that mostly closely resembles human sebum, so the uses and benefits to skin and hair are high."

I use this on my face after I tone using my Dr. Organic Rose Otto Face Toner and it just sinks right in, leaving my skin non-greasy, plump, so soft and best of all glowing giiiirl!

This is perfect for using as a night treatment oil and definitely replaces the need for expensive night serums, lotions, creams and all that jazz. This does it all for me and a little goes a very long way. I wake up in the morning and my face isn't dry, my pores are tight, and my skin is still glowing!

My boyfriend always compliments me on my skin and insists that I don't wear any make-up and thanks to this oil, I rarely do now!

I've tried other oils on my face and body such as coconut oil (works best on my hair), olive oil, castor oil and avocado oil but jojoba works the best for me.

It's not going to have great effects for everybody, but I'm thankful that I've found a great inexpensive, all natural product that works for my whole body - even hair and nails!

I'd definitely recommend this to anyone!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2014 11:40:00 AM More reviews by purplerose95

I got jojoba oil yesterday from S&H Health Foods (Canada). The brand is NOW and was about $14 for 118 ml. This brand has more bang for your buck than Desert Essences. I have oily/combination skin, I have problems with pimples as well. Sometimes my skin behaves well and I have no pimples, other times I break out a lot! Researching online, jojoba oil is similar to the natural oil the human produces so I thought I'd give this a try. I previously used shea butter on my skin (it does not break me out), however, I found it was not very absorbing and I often looked very greasy. After cleaning my face with Ole Henriksen's aloe vera cleanser and applying a sample of vit. c serum, I applied jojoba oil. My first take is it is very fast absorbing and so lightweight! My skin drank up the oil immediately! My face does not look greasy, my skin looks healthy - not dry or too oily.

I will continue to update this review after month or more. The above written is just my first impression on it.

Edit: It's now March 22, 2014, I've been using jojoba oil for about a month. I've noticed my cheeks are not moisturized enough. After a few hours, I notice tightness and after many hours, I notice flaking. My t-zone is moisturized very well, not too dry or too oily, just normal. I may buy another moisturizer for my cheek area, so that part of the epidermis can be moisturized better. And another use for jojoba oil is it makes a great finishing product after I straighten my hair. My hair absorbs the oil very well so my hair does not look greasy.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2014 7:40:00 PM More reviews by Ihaveahart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Yay! Miracle oil! I got the Trader Joe's 100% pure jojoba oil But this works with ANY jojoba oil! A MIRACLE for thin,Sparse,Uneven brows! BTW- I have some whiteheads on my forehead and i get 1 or 2 cystic pimples once in a while and the oil did not contribute to my breakouts AT ALL. It actually seemed to calm dem! Cleanser: I pour a bit onto my fingertip and massage into my face and over my eyes (Doesn't irritate my eyes whatsoever) for 1-2 minutes then gently wipe it of with a tissue, Wash your face if you want to, I always do. Moisturizer: Distribute a thin layer to clean face, Use on Hands,Elbows,Feet,Heels ECT. Eyebrows: I had a hair missing on my brows that would NEVER come back used this, BAM! Use a small angled brush LIGHTY dipped into brown eyeshadow and Jojoba oil to "Draw" where you want your brows to come in.