November 27, 2014 | 1399 users online

Self Tanners - Mary Kay - Sunless Tanning Lotion

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2010 11:36:00 AM More reviews by tarapickholtz

I received a free sample of this product, as well as the sunscreen and after-sun gel, with a $40 Mary Kay purchase. The first thing I noticed is that the bottle is pretty good looking. My sample size was pretty small, but I imagine that it would give several uses out of it. Unfortunately, the scent did not work for me. Yes, do note that it's much better than the typical self tanner scent! Not the typical stinky DHA scent. This one seemed a little tropical in a way, but had more of a sunscreen scent to me. For some reason, I am very sensitive to this smell. When buying sunscreens, I usually have to use the misting spray kinds rather than lotions, to avoid that typical scent. I am migraine prone and sensitive to some scents :( If it weren't for this, I'm sure I'd repurchase and would like the product. I only applied it once, so I did not notice a big difference in color, but it was easy to apply, moisturized well, and gave a hint of color. It's a little pricey (I think between $15 and $20) for the full size bottle, since it's a smaller amount than many brands offer. I'll be buying my Malibu Tan Hemp gradual sunless tanner, just because the tropical scent does not bother me at all (I actually really like the scent of this one- Another great choice for a non-stinky product if you like tropical scents). The good thing about MK is that you can return and exchange products if you are not happy with them, so you can always give it a try! I do like my free gift though and can't wait to try out the other items. They came in a small blue bag.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2007 1:29:00 AM More reviews by janeyeyre

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have tried every self-tanner known to (wo)man; Neutrogena, Coppertone, Almay, spray on, two-step, creams, gels. Mary Kay self-tanner is the best. It doesn't look freaky after two days, it doesn't come off in the shower, it doesn't go on streaky, it's not orange. What it does is last and last and give a natural looking tan. You can apply it about once every five days and keep a great tan. A lot cheaper than 'Mystic Tan' (which I've also tried). A side benefit: I keep my Mary Kay sales person happy. All their other skin care products make me break out--can't stand 'em but I'd go to the mat for their Sunnless Tanning Lotion!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/29/2003 2:57:00 PM More reviews by RoseS

This is the lightest self-tanner I have ever used. It might be good for someone with very pale skin, but if you have medium skin you will barely notice any diff. I'll never use it again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2003 4:51:00 PM More reviews by Kminer

I did find this to be a nice all around self tanner - up there with Neutrogena which is the only other kinds I've liked. Color was even and natural, product was easy to use and apply. I just stopped self tanning altogether, hence I stopped using this.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2003 7:47:00 AM More reviews by mejohnson

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is $10.00 for a 4.5 oz. tube. So far, this is the bast self-tanner I used. I was using the Coppertone one, but this lasts much longer...almost a week on me and a nice bronzey color, not too orange. I used it on my face and body with great results.