Hard Candy Super Sonic Pencil

2.9

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I have this in pale, glittery lilac [Moody]. Extremely average product; I definitely wouldn't pay the full price for this, and won't be buying this again.

Pros:

- Although it's quite a bit lighter than I thought it would be, it's still a glittery lilac, which is a shade that always washes well with me. Looks wonderful on eyes of any colour imo.

- Did not tug my eyelids at all - the texture was so creamy that applying was made simple by the way it easily 'melted' onto my skin.

Cons:

- It's far too chunky and wide to fit many pencil sharpeners, so unless you get a sharpener with yours (I got my pencil unpackaged off EBay with no sharpener included), you're pretty much doomed.

- The creamy texture means it sinks into creases. A Lot.. It always makes me want to rub my eyes to get this off because I can feel it caking together on my lids. Very icky sensation.

- The glitter gets everywhere.

- Although I love lilac, the colour to this is so pale, that on my PPP skin, it doesn't show up very vibrantly.
- It is laughably expensive for what it is - there are much cheaper alternatives at the drugstore, which are far, far superior to this.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

This has been discontinued, but I will review it anyways. I have this in Moody. A very pretty lavender color with very tiny silver glitter in it. The formula is very soft and creamy, no pulling or tugging at the eye area. I have two problems with it though. One is that although a sharpener was included with the pencil, I lost it and don't have a sharpener this big. The second is that this product never wants to stay on my oily eyelids. So it doesn't last very long.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I stole my sister's Moody one. Heh. I should've let her keep it though, as it didn't last long on my eyelids. Also, the glitter was gritty and irritated my eyes. Not worth it.

A great eyeliner/shadow. Creamy and smooth, with lots of shimmer and shine. Wonderful and recommended. :)

on 5/3/2004 7:59:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I would never pay full price for this (not worth it in my opinion). It is a nice product though. The glitter is awesome, it is easy to apply, and has pretty good staying power. It does crease horribly, so use a base.

This has to be the hardest pencil I've ever attacked my face with, and I thought the UD version (pocket rocket) of this was bad. I wouldn't recommend ever using this in the eye area unless you want to greatly irritate it. I haven't tried it on my lips yet. It's a shame too, the Twilight looked great on my hand.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This product is terrible. I bought this after trying it on my hand and thinking the colour (Twinkle-- a medium blue with sparkles) was adorable as was the packaging.

I get home and try it on my eyes and hated it. For one, it scratched my eyelids and was the hardest pencil ever. I tried to melt it a bit with my hair dryer and then it wouldn't apply evenly.

Sadly, I was disappointed in this product. It was cute, though. :/

on 1/14/2004 8:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have techno, moody, and glow. Love the colors and the glitter, but they have a wicked tendency to crease without a good eyeshadow base.

on 10/20/2003 2:27:00 PM

I really like this product and I am typically very picky about makeup. I especially love Techno, it gives my eyes a beautifull smoky and glittery look. This product is perfect for days that I need to put on my makeup in 5 min or less. Not something that I would wear everyday but still a nice product to have on hand.

on 9/18/2003 4:49:00 PM

I have 5 of these and I really love them! I like using tham as highlighters and liners. They give great color and were very easy to apply because it was so big! Love 'em!

Popular Eye Shadows