April 19, 2014 | 1584 users online

Lipstick - Hard Candy - Glitter Dip Lipstick

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2011 4:34:00 PM More reviews by cleo777

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought the Cosmic color some time ago, love the flavor and scent. It's just a fun sparkle meant for parties, etc. I probably wouldn't buy it again, it really is a novelty item. Interesting how Hard Candy has morphed into a drug store brand, it used to be sold next to Urban Decay at the department store I shop at. Now Urban Decay is at Sephora and HC is at Wal-mart!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2007 11:58:00 AM More reviews by cyber_showgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

*SO* glad they discontinued it, a seriously disappointing product. I had it in "STOP", yup the berry red one, and I think all they did to get the "glitter" effect was get a normal (but actually quite gritty and drying) berry lipstick and dip the outside of it in fine red glitter.... The End. So what you got was something that looked fabulous and glittery a la Wizard of Oz Ruby Slippers on the *outside*, but was completely average inside. So, yeah, I guess "Glitter Dip" is a good name for it, cos that's exactly what it seems they did, lol! Don't ever be tempted to buy one if it comes up on eBay or whatever. Really kinda average and such a shame.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/6/2005 12:15:00 AM More reviews by violetsrblack

I, too, have this in "Stop". I really wanted to love it. I am on the quest for the perfect red glitter lipstick because I ran out of my old favorite, which was Cookiepuss in the color called Bitch. The glitter in Stop wasn't nearly as extreme as I thought it would be which is probably perfect for most of you. It's more of a strong shimmer than glitter flakes. (I like to wear glitter on stage) The color is great, but the staying power is not so great. I can't use "Sealed with a Kiss" over it (as I like to rely on for all of my other lipsticks) because it gets all gritty and flakes off my lips, yuck. So that was extremely disappointing. I really doubt I'll re-purchase this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/30/2004 6:00:00 PM More reviews by chiarascura

I have this in STOP, the glittering red color. I originally bought glitter dip lipgloss in this color, then couldn't find it anywhere. Unlike the lip gloss, which gives the lips a subtle stain of color with lots of gloss and a hint of glittery shimmer, this is a rather thick, matte lipstick with hardly any discernible glitter at all - it reminds me of drug store "colorstay" lipsticks, very dry and dark. I was able to rescue this, however, by applying the lipstick (lightly) over a thick application of clear lipgloss, which did give me results similar to the glitter dip lipgloss.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2004 11:27:00 PM More reviews by countesscocofang

I received Cosmic Glitter Dip Lipstick in a kit that I special ordered on Hardcandy.com. The top arrived with a dent in it. I was a little miffed, but when I tried it on, I was pleasantly surprised with the texture and shade of it. The glitter on it looks chunky and scary, however, when applied, it looks frosty and lovely. I'd definitely get this again. I actually want to try Spaceboy because of the iridescent glitter on it.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/11/2003 3:48:00 PM More reviews by streetdreams

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

I LOVE glitter, but I'm not all that crazy about this lipstick.

I have this in STOP, which is really a dark burgundy color instead of the bright red on the package. It's gritty, the glitter doesn't look good (instead of being sparkly, it's just submerged in the color, making it look like you're wearing sand), and you have to re-apply it every 30 seconds.

Not worth the (high!) price.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2003 2:47:00 PM More reviews by emalc

I have this in STOP, and it looks horrible. It is a dark brick red with red glitter, and it looks like I drew on my lips with a melty crayon. On top of the ridiculous color, the texture is coarse - almost chunky. I am only glad that I didn't pay $ for this - I received it as part of a gift set.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2003 3:22:00 AM More reviews by ColorOfMyWorld

I also got this in a give-a-way, and it's just as bad as the "Super Plump Lipstick". This is worthless for $17. It's gritty, and the color, Sonic, would only look good on olive toned, really tan girls. It's a dark goldish brown color, which is really warm. If you got rid of the glitter, the lipstick is creamy, but it's still a bad color, and still worthless for $17.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2002 5:49:00 AM More reviews by mriaow

I'm biased because I generally don't like glitter lipsticks, but I thought this was truly average. The glitter particles felt way too gritty, and the effect on my lips was cheap and childish looking.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2003 1:47:00 PM More reviews by GlitterBitch

And the award for tackiest lip stick ever goes to this! zThese lipsticks are what I consider prostitute make-up, sleezy and cheap looking. That's not even considering the fact that it is extremely dry, gritty, and lasts 1/2 and hour if you're lucky.