September 18, 2014 | 1853 users online

Self Tanners - St.Tropez - 3 step tanning system

rated 2 of 5 on 3/28/2012 10:22:00 AM More reviews by HauteHarlequin

I tried this after reading some rave reviews about it and I was really not that impressed. The scrub was of average quality, the lotion was nice, but the self tanner was a nightmare to apply. It may be because I'm not a seasoned self-tanner, but I found it to be really difficult to use. I will say, the color is really nice. It's not orange, it's brown - which I have found is really hard to find in self tanners. But it is not an enjoyable process.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/27/2011 3:23:00 PM More reviews by brianharr123

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was pretty anxious to try bc of all the reviews... I am now learning that all these glowing reviews mean nada... Bc this product is way over rated..

The color was orangey... I don't know how others here believe it's so good... In some light it appears pretty good but once under halogen lighting and bang you look like a pumpkin... I'm ticked I spent the money....

The smell was ok... But that's the only pro I can come up with

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2009 2:43:00 PM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Not bad - but not great. Can be streaky if you don't follow the steps. Also a bit orangey. For the (high) price, I expected better.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2009 4:43:00 AM More reviews by graciiee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

good, definately prefer this to other fake tans on the market

rated 2 of 5 on 4/29/2009 6:38:00 AM More reviews by meepmeeppow

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this set for Christmas, and I absoloutely HATE the self tanner!! Using instructions, I applied the tanner after using the scrub etc like it tells you too. It looked DISGUSTING. It was VERY dark, a nightmare to apply, very messy, horrendously streaky and in the end it just looked so awful I couldnt take the chance of it ruining my night out and washed it off. I have not tried using this again since, and I now use Dove Summer Glow gradual tanning moisturiser, or the Hawaiin Tropic creme tanner my dads gf sent me from the states, fantastic nothing like this crap stuff.
However, I love the smell of the scrub and lotion, smells so lovely like a hot summer island would smell or something, The exfoliator is good also, but I prefer L'Oreal Efotonic, its quite a bit better.
The lotion is quite good also, but none of them are my favourites, I think the lotion and exfoliator are great for pre tanning (but NOT with that disgusting tanner!).
I would never buy this product myself. I was very dissapointed and upset about the result of the tanner. :(

rated 3 of 5 on 11/14/2006 7:18:00 PM More reviews by backhome22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This set was $15 during a sale, and being a self tan junkie I had to try it for that price! The size is not that large, so for the regular price I think it's a bit too expensive. I have to say at first I was skeptical when I saw the color guide streaked and splotched all over me, but when I rinsed off I had a beautiful, even color! I think the key is not to rub it in too much.It also doesn't have any smell once it dries. I LOVE the way my skin feels with the lotion, and the exfoliating scrub really smoothed my skin. All three things have a scent to them, but it doesn't stay on you. It's not a bad smell, but I wouldn't wear it as perfume either! I'd say I'd buy this again for sure at the sale price, but for full price I wouldn't, as my banana boat tanner gives a similar color for much cheaper! Note- I put this on with no gloves, and if you wash right away with soap and warm water, the palms don't tan.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2006 3:22:00 PM More reviews by queenisabelle29

this is best way for anyone to be introduced to the st. tropez line. it contains the tanner, lotion and hte scrub for a measly $39.00 (the tanner alone is $24!). it allows the users to use all the steps of self tanning without having to buy a bunch of separate products. i have used this in both of the tanner formulas and i would rebuy the foam tanner but not the lotion tanner. the system works better than any other tanner that i have used in the past so i would buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/18/2006 10:52:00 PM More reviews by HarmonyBlu

Probably the most natural looking self tanner I've tried, it just wasn't really dark on me. Which is a little surprising since I naturally have some pasty fair skin. I did the exfoliation and lotion on knees and ankles like you're supposed to and let it soak in. Then in the morning when I showered roughly half of it washed off. If this is supposed to be an instant gratification bronzer effect, this is ok, but what was left over wasn't really dark. It was a little high maintenance for me because it constantly needed to be re-applyed. Very foolproof as far as streaking goes, even though it dried with some streaks, none were present on my skin.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2006 5:03:00 AM More reviews by escebola

This is an OK way to discover St Tropez's self tanning lotion. It comes in a really small bottle, along with the gommage and the moisturizing lotion (which are nothing to call back home IMHO). However, if you already know the product, it's not worth the high price tag: get the whole self tanning lotion for better value and simply skip the other products. I won't repurchase the kit, now I'll only repurchase the lotion!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/11/2006 11:08:00 PM More reviews by ann1018

I spent $50 for the three-step tanning system, and felt like I got nothing out of it. It went on easily enough and dried quickly - I'll give it that. And, the smell wasn't terribly strong. However, I have used a lot of self-tanners (Mystic Tan is my fave, budget allowing, Neutrogena foam in the poorer times). St. Tropez barely brought any color to my skin at all! So, yes, there were positives (no smell, dried easily), but I could have just put on white lotion that cost $2 for this outcome. Very disappointed. Fake Bake is good as well, but I've had a hard time finding it at a reasonable price. It is outrageous on ebay.
I do have to mention that I liked the exfoliant and the lotion, but overall, totally not worth the money - spend $20 on the Neutrogena kit, you'll be much happier.