July 30, 2014 | 1896 users online

Highlighters - Physicians Formula - Virtual Face Powder in Translucent Pearl

rated 3 of 5 on 3/22/2013 2:28:00 AM More reviews by differentnailseveryday

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I wanted to like this SO much! I was looking for something to highlight my cheekbones. Unfortunately, it is FAR too bright and shimmery. I think it will work alright for an all over brightener, but I am kinda bummed it won't work for what I bought it for.

Also, the packaging is strange. The pearl thing on top is just strange :/

rated 1 of 5 on 1/29/2012 11:30:00 PM More reviews by sameenelahi821

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I have sort of tawny skin, and especially in the summer I simply cannot get this to give me any sort of highlight or glow. I just don't see how it works! No matter how much I wipe at the pan with my brush or my face with my brush I just can't get the pretty, shiny glow the color of the makeup suggests. Maybe I'm using it wrong or my skin is just the wrong color, but I'm pretty sure I've tried everything. I'm going to have to keep trying, though, because the price was ridiculous and I'm determined not to have wasted my money. The packaging also sucked. The plastic top of the compact literally just broke off. The brush it came with was also more or less useless. Never buying again. /:

rated 3 of 5 on 4/14/2011 11:28:00 PM More reviews by simpleblueme

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

overall, i would give it a 3 because it gives my skin a little shine to it, but it fades away quickly...

i bought this at original price...it was around $20 around there...i was hoping i'd like it a lot better...

the packing is not bad, it's easy to open and closes fine i guess...but it's a pretty thin layer of powder...well thinner than expected...and the brush it comes with is just pointless (in my opinion)

i use a matte pink, pink blush and i apple this over top so the blush isn't too exaggeratedly pink and i thought it worked great together though!

i wouldn't recommend to buy this cause for twenty bucks...i'd expect a littttle bit more than what i got from it...

if it was on a really good sale then yes, i'd recommend it cause it's not too bad!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/13/2011 6:23:00 PM More reviews by Lisaanthony7

I hated this stuff.I bought it cause it looked soo soo pretty in walmart,and I am getting low on my benefit high beam,so I figured,hey why not?First off,the packaging feels cheap and flimsy.Second ,I can apply 10 layers of this stuff and not notice any difference until about a hour later when I look all oily and dirty like I've been outside building houses or something lol.Anyways,I will definetly not repurchase,let alone reuse.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2010 12:37:00 AM More reviews by thecharm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Physicians Formula's description, from their website:
Multi-reflective pigments contain chameleon-like properties, which diffuse light to optically minimize the appearance of fine lines and imperfections.
Rich concentration of multi-reflective pigments brighten up complexion with a subtle sheen of color for a healthy-looking glow!
Made with the finest Italian talc for a soft and ultra-smooth finish without irritating sensitive skin.
Compact contains a mirror and powder brush for ultimate convenience!

My 0.02$
I had thought Virtual Face had been discontinued, and I'd liked Beige Pearl a lot and had hit pan, so imagine my happiness when I saw this pale, warm powder at RiteAid! (And it's also still on the website--it's just not in many stores.) When I brought it home, I realized it wasn't Beige Pearl--it was the very similar Translucent Pearl--sheer, finely milled light yellow-y ivory powder highlighter. It's just a shade or two lighter than Beige Pearl. If you have one, you don't need the other, because it won't be noticeably different. I had wanted a backup and got this instead accidentally.

Initially, like the other Virtual Face powders, Translucent Pearl has a bright pink overspray. Once you get past the overspray, the powder does still look somewhat dimensional--if you look closely, you can see pink reflects in the beige pigment. Other than that, I don't get the impression that it's at all like a chameleon, and it certainly doesn't make me look ten years younger or suddenly perfect. What it is... is a sheer, finely milled warm ivory powder highlighter with pink reflects. It's got a pretty shimmer, lasting power is fine, and really does give a warm, pale candlelit glow. It's fantastic over bare skin or with other makeup. The shimmer is more visible than in PF Mineral Glow Pearls highlighter, which I also really like, but it's still quite subtle and more glowy than many of my highlighters. The only big thing is that PF's packaging is bulky without really protecting the powder and both the powder and package are prone to breakage. I hate that, but I still really like the highlighter.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/14/2008 12:55:00 AM More reviews by tinaandjelly

I'm a big PF fan, I've tried almost every face product from them. I have almost all the bronzers/highlighters that will match my skin, and this is the only one I'm truly bummed about. There's no smell btw, and you do get a lot for what you pay, especially if it's 40% off. It's about 12g

I am a very very light brown shade, it just can't seem to show up. It looked beautiful in the store when I bought it, and it does give a completely sheer look. It's like a chrome, with little green/gold flecks but not in a bad way. I just don't like the way it looks on me. I don't like to throw away things so I will keep using it up, but will not repurchase. I'll probably keep it in my makeup bag so I can touch up if needed.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/11/2007 11:43:00 PM More reviews by hkgal08

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This product really wasnt for me. It has too much glitter or "shimmer" and doesnt actual brighten my face but just made it look like i had been making some glittery craft all day. Also does not control oil very well and the brush that comes with it does not pick up much powder at all. But at least it didn't break me out or anything.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/2/2007 3:09:00 PM More reviews by pulaonyou

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I must be the only one who didn't really care for this. The color is a little darker than I thought, but it truly is translucent once you apply it. I didn't really care for the sheen that it leaves. It made my face look oily (it already is so) and I only used the brush it came with (very sparingly). I like the matte finish my Physician's Formula Powder Palette leaves. I'm not into the sparkly look. I purchased mine really cheap on Ebay but I will not buy this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/30/2005 12:25:00 AM More reviews by slmaturo

Love it in the package but doesn't show up on my face that well. I put it over blush and it does have a faint sheen, but I wanted something a little more dramatic.
Tried this a little longer, and realized this is a great highlighter as it is very subtle shimmer. Just bought the pink shade and can't wait to try it!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2004 10:44:00 PM More reviews by Frosty_Angel703

i really love this product.. i use it everyday after my foundation.. cuz it gives a nice subtle glow.. nothing drastic.. jus a pretty glow.. i love it