April 20, 2014 | 1027 users online

Lip Gloss - Sonia Kashuk - Lip Glossing- Sexy

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 4/12/2011 3:18:00 PM More reviews by ivy68

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is a nice lip gloss, really a step above what you usually find at this price point. It has very good pigment (though, like most glosses, it wears off constantly) and a nice subtle amount of shimmer. The purple-pink is bright without being garish. It has a super smooth texture, which feels great but again, doesn't last long. Nice brush and attractive packaging. I would compare this to Tarte gloss at a fraction of the price.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2005 3:09:00 AM More reviews by PoisonedIvy

On my lips, this wasn't much like Star Nova. This color is incredibly opaque, and is a jarring purple with some silver glitter lost in the dense opacity of the gloss. Star Nova is a translucent color, with fine multifaceted shimmer particles of different colors, and is a wearable mauve with a hint of berry on me (and I love it and reach for it a lot). It's possible Sexy was reformulated besides being repackaged, but pretty sure it wasn't. My lips are really unpigmented so lipcolors can look quite different on my skin.Sexy also looks way different on the lips than in the package- the package looks like it will be a soft cool berry, but it transforms into the aforementioned Purple Ick. Anyway, not a favorite. Would be better if it were translucent like others in this line, like Spicy. Spicy is gorgeous. This is not, on me anyway.Again, hating the stupid hard pencil that takes up half the new revamped packaging. Why? Waste of space. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2005 10:15:00 PM More reviews by forensics96

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

SK's sexy gloss is nearly INDENTICAL to MAC's star nova lustresglass in color & shimmer factor. And actually sexy is a wee bit more pigmented than star nova so if you sheer sexy out some-it becomes indistinguishable on the lips. I wore both glosses on my lips and you can't tell the difference. Anyone lemming star nova- forget it!!- buy sexy instead! Save your $13.50. :) (check your clearance bins at target to find this SUPER cheap btw! Found mine for only 14 cents!!!)

Reviewer:
skintone- cool PPP (Revlon Colorstay SN Ivory, BE Fair 1, MAC NW15), Skintype: oily/combo, somewhat acne prone. Dark blue eyes/Black hair (High contrast coloring) w/ medium rosy pigmented lips.
continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2005 4:46:00 PM More reviews by scaly

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Nice cool mauvy pink. Not too sticky, and with me getting it on clearance for under $2, it's a steal.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2005 9:32:00 PM More reviews by archgirl06

I really love this color. It is not too pink, because it has a purple tint, but it's not overpowering. This looks great over some gloss as a base.

Works perfectly with my skin tone/lip color.

*edit*

Though I love the color, it exploded in my makeup bag and was not due to being tossed around. Really dissapointed with this one. =/

rated 3 of 5 on 7/17/2003 4:06:00 PM More reviews by subbacultcha

This is a pretty color, but I was a bit disappointed because it looked more purply on my lips than it did in the tube. I will not be repurchasing, because it feels like their is sand in it. Very grainy.