April 17, 2014 | 1879 users online

Conditioner - Giovanni - Smooth As Silk Conditioner

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2014 12:20:00 PM More reviews by sxyleolady

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Absolutely amazing! I love it for deep conditioning. I apply this conditioner in sections on freshly washed hair and leave it in overnight. By morning and after rinsing it out, my hair is super soft and easier to detangle. I love the consistency; it's not too thick or thin and the citrus scent is very invigorating. Love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2014 1:57:00 AM More reviews by christinemclaughlin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Just amazing! My hair is really dry and while it doesn't perform miracles on split ends, it is excellent for detangling long hair and made my hair the shiniest it's ever been, without leaving any residue. LOVE.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2014 1:59:00 PM More reviews by JoieDeLaMusique

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

One of my favorite conditioners. I have medium, wavy hair that is normal (not dry or oily). This is the perfect conditioner and has a great scent. I mix it with the Yes to Carrots Pampering Conditioner and both to them together make my hair super silky without being weighed down.

I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2013 7:45:00 PM More reviews by hippups

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

Love it! Use this with the Giovanni Smooth as Silk shampoo and the keratin serum and, with just a little flat ironing, it makes it look and feel like I just got another keratin treatment. I'm not kidding! This stuff is the bomb!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/31/2013 3:13:00 AM More reviews by smileyroya

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've recently decided to start using organic shampoo and conditioner on my hair and I've been searching online for affordable organic hair care. My hair is pretty thick and a little dry and damaged. I really just want to fix my hair and get it nice and soft, I honestly don't even use any heat on my hair,I don't like to. Some days my hair will dry slightly wavy to straight which isn't its natural state. My hair is naturally wavy/curly. I heard Giovanni would be great so I got the shampoo and conditioner from the vitamin shoppe and was disappointed. I didn't like the smell, it wasnt what I expected. Someone here mentioned it smells like fruit loops, which is kinda what I think too and it didnt last all day. I also didnt feel like I had clean hair. I thought once my hair dried it would be soft and tamed but it was dry and like a broom. I was really disappointed. I stopped using the conditioner for now and I'm using a different one which is working just a little bit better. I really wanted to love this product but I can't. I will continue to you the products until they run out because it's nothing too crazy for me, but i won't be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2013 3:17:00 AM More reviews by Surfaddict

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is the best conditioner I have ever come across. I bought it after ruining my hair with drugstore cheap chemical stuff like L'Oreal because nothing else was available in the place I lived. So I ordered a bunch of Giovanni products off iherb.com and after ONE time of using their shampoo, protein hair reconstructor and this conditioner, I couldn't recognize my hair.
The ugly knots were GONE, the hair were shiny and super silky - does what it promises.
I swear by this Smooth As line, you can't go wrong.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/28/2013 12:37:00 PM More reviews by makeupmistress666

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This conditioner is cruelty free and silicone free. It contains no animal by-products and has some organic ingredients. If you don't like conditioners with protein in them, be warned: this one contains hydrolyzed protein. I don't think my hair minds protein so its fine with me. It has decent moisturizing properties and has a very faint scent. I got it at Target for $8 for 8.5 fl oz. I wish it were a bit cheaper and came in bigger bottles. Overall. I like it and I would think about repurchasing when I run out. For reference, my hair has a little bit of damage at the ends, is colortreated, and wavy.

Edit: Long term use dried out my hair a bit even though I did not heat style, got a trim, and did not bleach or lighten.) I have since given the bottle away.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2013 9:12:00 AM More reviews by MsBee

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

We have tried a number of different products in our house and we keep coming back to this. our hair type goes from wavy to kinky curly.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2013 7:27:00 PM More reviews by Reservechic

Giovanni has reformulated this product a number of times, so when going to pick up any of the Giovanni products its best to check the ingredient listing always. Now, I have not tried any of its prior formulations. I have only tried their current version of this product (as of 2013-when I purchased it). And, I think that it is a pretty decent conditioner overall.

This product is considered a deep conditioner. While, its moisturizing, detangling, and smoothing properties are all pretty okay (in my opinion). This product isn't as deeply conditioning to my hair as it claims to be. Therefore, whenever I use it, I use it as a regular, rinse-out conditioner only.

It has an okay smell to it. Overall, I'm just not a huge fan of the way most of the Giovanni products I've tried smell.

I do plan to continue using this conditioner. It definitely provides good benefits to my hair overall. And, that's all that really counts.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/4/2013 9:29:00 AM More reviews by Giama

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

It was not moisturizing at all even though I thought that it would be because it had great slip in the shower when I applied it and rinsed it out.