July 28, 2014 | 2235 users online

Conditioner - Giovanni - Smooth As Silk Conditioner

rated 3 of 5 on 6/1/2014 8:29:00 AM More reviews by cwanyee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have been using this conditioner and its shampoo for about 1-2 months. Reason for buying this product was because it is SLS-free. There wasn't much scent and it wasn't foamy. When I first used it, it helped to smoothen my hair and I can feel the difference. However, after a few more weeks of use, my hair became drier and frizzy. Also, my hair didn't feel clean and fresh after using the shampoo.. I guess the shampoo and conditioner weren't exactly bad but it didn't do much for my hair too.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2014 12:48:00 PM More reviews by factxy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Used with Giovanni Smooth as Silk Shampoo it leaves my long hair soft, shiny and untangled. It gives moisture without making hair greasy and has a nice fresh citrus scent, as well. It's cheap for a natural conditioner. I purchased this online from iherb dot com, only $5.73 for 250ml (they ship worldwide). If you want anything from this site, I have a coupon code if you want order the first time: VIK284 and you have 5$ off.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2014 7:12:00 PM More reviews by VioletBick

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Picked this up on a whim from target. I love what Giovanni stands for but this did not work for me. Tried this years ago so was hoping the reformulation would be a winner but it's still a no go. I have long highlighted fine hair so I need heavy duty detangling which this didn't give. I only used a few times and both times my hair felt strangely dry and dirty when styled. No detangled silky conditioned feeling for me which is what I expect out of a conditioner! 2 strikes out so far on this product so I don't think I will try again - even w/ another formulation.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2014 4:10:00 PM More reviews by jpaulhynes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite conditioner. I like it a lot more than Acure morrocan argan oil+argan stem cell conditioner. This conditioner is a vegan product. It detangles my hair pretty fast and effectively. It is not very moisturizing however, but that makes it great for conditioner only washing. It rinses cleanly. This conditioner also has a great subtle apricot scent which fades (I prefer unscented products, but this is nice). My hair type is curly and frizzy (3B) and medium length. This product is what I was looking for and I plan to buy the gallon size. The price is decent for a natural product. The bottle it comes in is very impractical, another reason why I am looking forward to buying the gallon size. I wish Giovanni would change the bottle design and name of this product (terrible name for a vegan product). Otherwise I highly recommend to any hair type. I will keep repurchasing.

P.S. It is full of organic ingredients, a plus!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2014 12:20:00 PM More reviews by sxyleolady

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Absolutely amazing! I love it for deep conditioning. I apply this conditioner in sections on freshly washed hair and leave it in overnight. By morning and after rinsing it out, my hair is super soft and easier to detangle. I love the consistency; it's not too thick or thin and the citrus scent is very invigorating. Love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2014 1:57:00 AM More reviews by christinemclaughlin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Just amazing! My hair is really dry and while it doesn't perform miracles on split ends, it is excellent for detangling long hair and made my hair the shiniest it's ever been, without leaving any residue. LOVE.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2014 1:59:00 PM More reviews by JoieDeLaMusique

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

One of my favorite conditioners. I have medium, wavy hair that is normal (not dry or oily). This is the perfect conditioner and has a great scent. I mix it with the Yes to Carrots Pampering Conditioner and both to them together make my hair super silky without being weighed down.

I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2013 7:45:00 PM More reviews by hippups

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

Love it! Use this with the Giovanni Smooth as Silk shampoo and the keratin serum and, with just a little flat ironing, it makes it look and feel like I just got another keratin treatment. I'm not kidding! This stuff is the bomb!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/31/2013 3:13:00 AM More reviews by smileyroya

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've recently decided to start using organic shampoo and conditioner on my hair and I've been searching online for affordable organic hair care. My hair is pretty thick and a little dry and damaged. I really just want to fix my hair and get it nice and soft, I honestly don't even use any heat on my hair,I don't like to. Some days my hair will dry slightly wavy to straight which isn't its natural state. My hair is naturally wavy/curly. I heard Giovanni would be great so I got the shampoo and conditioner from the vitamin shoppe and was disappointed. I didn't like the smell, it wasnt what I expected. Someone here mentioned it smells like fruit loops, which is kinda what I think too and it didnt last all day. I also didnt feel like I had clean hair. I thought once my hair dried it would be soft and tamed but it was dry and like a broom. I was really disappointed. I stopped using the conditioner for now and I'm using a different one which is working just a little bit better. I really wanted to love this product but I can't. I will continue to you the products until they run out because it's nothing too crazy for me, but i won't be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2013 3:17:00 AM More reviews by Surfaddict

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is the best conditioner I have ever come across. I bought it after ruining my hair with drugstore cheap chemical stuff like L'Oreal because nothing else was available in the place I lived. So I ordered a bunch of Giovanni products off iherb.com and after ONE time of using their shampoo, protein hair reconstructor and this conditioner, I couldn't recognize my hair.
The ugly knots were GONE, the hair were shiny and super silky - does what it promises.
I swear by this Smooth As line, you can't go wrong.