November 21, 2014 | 1695 users online

Lipstick - Chanel - Creme Lipstick

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2009 5:58:00 AM More reviews by weemanmum

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is Lune Rousse/36. It is a very dark blue/red. Kind of only what I would wear in winter and in a certain mood, i.e. bit Twilight without looking tragic at my age (36). It is a very deep/solid color.

Texture is creamy. It `can dry out a little bit over a day. Due to the dark color you do need to reapply it after coffee/eating as it does wear off.

Only reason I would not buy it again is it is an infrequent color that I wear and for that money, I could probably find something cheaper.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2008 11:47:00 AM More reviews by Magixz

I bought this in Coco Pink. I loved the color right off with it's hint of blue, and I was very excited to try it out. So disappointed to find it was very, very dry on my lips and there was no noticeable smell that I was looking forward to from all of the post. I love lipstick that smells nice. I really do love the color and want to love the brand. Do any of you think perhaps the only lipstick in the store left in this shade may be too old? Perhaps I need to take it back and ask them to order me a new one? I wanted moisture and easy application. What I got was so dry and hard it barely would come off on my lips, it actually drags, and their is no smell except perhaps a bad kind of smell, kind of like cheap lipstick.
Any comments would be greatly appreciated. I have tried a lip base and then apply, as well as, a gloss, but it changes the color somewhat and I do not like that.
I really do want this color and want it to be as good as some of you say!!

Up-Date!!
Well I took the lipstick back and was totally bummed out about it. The store was out of this color. ;-( So I left wondering if I had gotten an old one.
Today I went back to this same store and discovered they had gotten another supply of two tubes. I purchased one more just to see if it would be the same or different. I am pleased to say it is FAB! The color is awesome! The smell is fresh and it is very moist and creamy. Finally I got the lovely pinkish blue color I had been wanting forever, and it is grand. Everyone has been telling me Chanel makes one of the better lipsticks and now I can agree with you all. Got to love this color and Chanel is one of the only places I was able to find it. There are similar shades out there, but none of them have the same vibrant shade of pink with the hints of blue as Coco Pink.
Thanks ladies for all of your positive comments, and encouragement for me to take it back, and try again. Otherwise...I would have just thought Chanel was another big name company selling second rate lippies. After all, we all know how great their perfumes and moisture creams are! They are like the best around in my opinion. So now I can say the same for their lipsticks.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2008 6:55:00 PM More reviews by Daddysgirl1

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The color Waikiki is a lovely soft pink.....it stays on pretty well and is a everyday shade. Try some glossimer over it

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2006 4:12:00 PM More reviews by haven7728

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I like lipsticks by Clinique, Lancome, MAC and (when you can't get to a dept. store) L'Oreal, but Chanel lipsticks are by far the best I've ever used. Pricey as hell, but worth it when you want to buy yourself a treat or have a special occasion coming up and want to feel your best. The texture of these lipsticks is incredible; they have this subtle and very pleasant scent; and the color selection is terrific. My absolute favorites.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2006 5:15:00 PM More reviews by galinda333

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I own this in "Soft Red" and I am telling you that this is that classic red lipstick that looks gorgeous on everyone. If you are looking for a good red lipstick, it doesn't get any better than this. This is my HG! It also smells like roses, which I love... although I noticed some reviewers did not. Everyone is different I suppose :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2006 3:20:00 PM More reviews by beautynyc

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Hands down the finest lipstick formula around. I've used many over the years and this is consistantly my favorite! Gorgeous shades and long wearing. The scent is from rosewater which soothes and fragrances the product at the same time. In a world where lipsitck formulations come and go like the wind, this one has longevity. There's a reason this formula has been around 20+ years. Can you say that about your favorite lipstick?

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2006 12:54:00 AM More reviews by sabrinasue

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Great lipstick. Goes on well and the colors don't turn or become weird after applied. Color selection is great and the formula keeps my lips soft. Exquisite stuff. Would be HG except for the fact that Guerlain Kiss Kiss is out of this world fabulous and is my HG. I did not notice any strong smell or bad taste.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/13/2005 8:49:00 PM More reviews by annaclara

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I can't stand the smell or the taste. It smells/tastes like rose soap to me. I have Moire and the color is fine, but nothing great on me.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/7/2004 1:47:00 AM More reviews by katm11

I bought the creme lipstick in garnet red. The color is amazingly beautiful but I don't like the taste. It also makes my lips feel a bit dry. The color is so beautiful I probably won't part with it and hey you have to at least have one chanel lipstick. I won't buy chanel lipstick again because of the taste though.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/16/2004 11:25:00 AM More reviews by Tantrum555

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I can't get past the smell of this...it makes me feel like I swallowed perfume!