October 25, 2014 | 1674 users online

Treatments (Face) - Philosophy - Never Let Them See You Shine

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2011 7:13:00 PM More reviews by LaurenNess

This is the best primer I have tried! It works perfectly with my combination skin and keeps the oil under control! Love it!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/12/2010 4:47:00 AM More reviews by kittybees

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My face was more oily after using this than it would have been if I hadn't of used it at all, what a waste of money.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/19/2010 12:12:00 AM More reviews by roxannatheangel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I did not care for this product. It did nothing to control the shine or oil on my face, and it also made my skin break out. I normally love philosophy, but this line for oily skin really needs to be revamped.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/26/2010 10:03:00 PM More reviews by Prettyinpink7895

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I normally love philosophy's skin products, I even use some of them on a daily bases so I was really looking forward to this product. I have such oily skin so I was looking for something to combate it, this was a little pricey but I thought I would take a risk. This has to be one of the worst oil controllers I have ever used and trust me I have tried many. This makes my skin even more oily and shinny then before, it also made my makeup look terrible and smudgy. It came of really weird on my skin and made any other product it put over it look streaky and greasy. I have tried this product every which way and it still doesn't work. One thing I do have to say is that it did not break out my skin, which is the only plus.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2010 1:41:00 AM More reviews by lillylou2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

100% awful !!!
I used a little..I used alot...either way it did nada.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2010 12:16:00 AM More reviews by cosgirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

So surprised at the negative reviews for this! I have extremely oily skin and this primer works very well for me. If it's actually making your skin greasier, you're using way TOO MUCH product. You only need barely a pea-size amount for your whole face and you have to rub it in quickly. I apply this very sparingly and my face feels velvety matte. Then my foundation just glides over it and lasts MUCH longer. It has a light lavender scent from the ingredients-not added fragrance. I love this stuff and hope that if you need a good oil-controlling primer you'll give this one a try!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/15/2010 2:34:00 AM More reviews by MissJulie

I really like Philosphy's products so I was hoping this would be the answer to my oily t-zone. Like every other t-zone product I have tried it didn't do a thing.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/2/2009 3:31:00 PM More reviews by jass05

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I hate this product. It actually makes me look oilier! I've tried applying it different ways, under makeup, over, rubbing it together, etc., it does not work! It does nothing to keep oil at bay.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2009 11:21:00 AM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Browsing through the reviews I found this product, which I seriously thought was discontinued.

It stunk years ago as a mattifier/primer and from the reviews I see nothing has changed.

Philosophy is a good product line, but we are all entitled to our mistakes.

pass on this product as it does not work.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2009 10:59:00 AM More reviews by Mel_C

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm surprised this is listed under treatments and not primers, but either way, this didn't do much for me. I'm super-oily and I didn't notice anything remarkable about this product. It applied easy, didn't affect my make-up applilcation (or break down my foundation), and I like the tube, but the product wasn't worth the cost.