October 25, 2014 | 1674 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Blueberry Body Butter

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2014 6:37:00 PM More reviews by Gossijay

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wish so badly that the Body Shop would make this body butter permanent. I love blueberries and anything blueberry flavoured so I just had to pick this up when it was on sale (for $10CDN around Christmas time). The price on these body butters don't really bother me as The Body Shop has 50% off sales quite often.

The scent of this body butter is heavenly. Very sweet and juicy with a soft powdery note near the end. The scent is moderately strong; it'll scent the room and your skin while you apply it but it slowly fades on your skin throughout the day.

Usually the body butters are tinted to match the shade (ex; the pink grapefruit body butter is pink, the olive is green, the Satsuma is orange etc) but this body butter is a stark white shade.

The texture of this butter is super stiff and just the slightest bit malleable, really like cold butter. It does warm up in your hands and sinks into your skin quite easily though.

The moisture on this stuff is incredible. I can apply it at 7:00pm at night after a shower and then when I bathe the next day I can still feel the way my skin is slick and moisturized with the body butter. So the claims about 24 hour moisture is indeed valid.

Love this stuff so much! I've bought three tubs and I'm dreading the day I'm done! Hopefully The Body Shop brings this lovely flavour back around at Christmas time!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2014 5:27:00 AM More reviews by NicoleTMY

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was released in Singapore recently as a special edition range. I got a sample of the body butter and loved the scent. It is my first time using this product and I have always wanted to try it but feared it would not suit my skin as I have eczema and the weather, Singapore is very humid. It did make my skin soft and the smell was so yummy. I applied it to my legs only. I got the full size and have been using for a few weeks now. Word of caution, best not to apply onto areas with open skin like sores.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2014 12:49:00 PM More reviews by honestopinions

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This body butter is really rich and better suited to very dry skin(it actually says that on the container but I just love the smell!) It is too greasy for me, even for my feet if im honest and pricey but does smell delicious! The pots take up a lot of room which is a downside.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2013 3:05:00 AM More reviews by Yuu

Price: You won't find the blueberry version in store most of the time but they seem to bring it out every now and then when they have sales on body butter or when they want to get rid of the seasonal products. When it goes on sale you can get it for $10, which while still expensive is half price of what their body butters sell for.

Texture/performance: All the body butters have varying consistencies depending on the version. The blueberry has the thickest consistency of all the ones I've used and tested. It's like shortening, it does not move around in the container at all, even through the hot summers. This makes it nice for putting into smaller containers for your bag. The downside is that it also takes longer for it to fully absorb into your skin. Whether if it says it's for normal or dry skin all the body butters from The Body Shop all seem to perform the same in the end to me. It's decent as a moisturizer but there's probably better lotions out there for way cheaper than these butters.

Smell: The big selling point for most of The Body Shop's non-skincare products is the smell. The blueberry is pleasant and does not smell fake as they use real fruit oils and extracts. It smells like sweetened real blueberries. The smell is not obnoxiously overpowering and people will not smell it on you from a meter away unlike their grapefruit or satsuma butters(I've heard of people complain of the scents from the grapefruit one setting off some people's asthma before much like perfume). What I particularly like about the blueberry butter is that it doesn't go rancid even after a long time. All of the other butters I've had or gifted went rancid (from the oils in the butter no doubt) after a little over 6 months. I even had a bit of the grapefruit butter leftover that melted and separated in the hot summer, afterwards which it smelled like cheap old lotion. That said, it may not be a good idea to stock up on the other body butters if you won't be using it up quickly enough. They always have sales anyway.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2013 7:23:00 PM More reviews by carmyk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this on a sale because I was looking for a body butter for dry winter skin and loved the scent. Now I am fan, went back and bought another 3 more so I would have for enough to make it through to spring. I completely plan on repurchasing next winter, probably too thick for summer, but exactly the texture I love for winter and the texture I look for in the winter. I normally purchase either unscented or light scented body because too much fragance gives me headaches. This smells great without being too strong and lingers midly only which I love. The only thing I don't like is that the regular price is expensive for how long it lasts for me (about 4 weeks w being used 2 twice a day) but it is worth it.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/12/2013 12:51:00 AM More reviews by MoiJo

It smells great and is a good moisturizer for the skin like any other Body Shop body butter.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/7/2012 1:47:00 PM More reviews by historismus

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

The Body Shop brought this back as a limited edition product and you can still get it online. First of all, this smells absolutely amazing and the packaging is rather pleasing as well. However, as a skin moisturizer it just falls short. I also find this (as well as most Body Shop body butters) very oily. It takes forever to absorb into my skin and so I usually only use it at night. I might buy it again during a sale, but otherwise no.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2011 12:47:00 PM More reviews by zalime

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

My fav body butter! It smells so good that i wanna eat it heh. It is very moisterizing and absorbs quickly to my dry skin. I just love it but i think it is not a regular product cuz i dont see if on the shelf all the time at body shop ;( I kinda want it in a pump size (if body shop ever produce body butter in that) It would feel more hygienic as the lotion exposed to air/ bacteria is minimized.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2011 9:09:00 PM More reviews by Nitala

I don't see this body butter around the stores very often so when I saw it for 10$ I picked one up. I'm glad I did! It has a very nice blueberry smell, not as overpowering as some of the other fruity body butters. It's also thick but I didn't find it that hard to spread. My skin is soft for hours and hours after applying it. I will be stocking up on this one!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2011 1:03:00 PM More reviews by Summerbeauty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

i bought firstly a few years ago and i still love it. smells exactly like the fresh ripe plump blueberries that i have with pancakes on sundays. i am on my fifth big tub of this its amazing