October 23, 2014 | 1649 users online

Hair - Head & Shoulders Dry Scalp Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2014 12:23:00 AM More reviews by PALEGRE3N

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I mostly use this because it doesn't strip oil from my hair and scalp like regular shampoo's...smells lovely, rinses away hair product but moisturizes the scalp at the same time.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/23/2013 2:23:00 PM More reviews by Arrington0

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

So when I was younger, I use to have really bad dandruff and head and shoulders was my holy grail. I loved the apple scented one(: it did what it was suppose to and boom, dandruff was gone. Well a couple months ago, I started getting dandruff again so I picked up the dry scalp care and it was just horrible. My hair started falling out like crazy. I was so disappointed and now freaked out since i'm even experiencing bald spots. I put this shampoo back in the cabinet asap. I guess since my hair was so use to shampoos with one to none sulfates at all, the head and shoulders formula with atleast 3 sulfates was too harsh for my scalp and hair to handle. I know a few people experience hair loss as well from using this line and it's not a bad shampoo at all. I use to love it, but everyone reactes to every shampoo differently and it'll even change over time like I did. In all, its a very good shampoo but I would be careful trying it for the formula can be a bit harsh and cause hairloss.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/14/2013 8:33:00 PM More reviews by Jessieisthebomb

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Overall this is a good shampoo, yet I got this product due to the fact I didn't have dandruff but got very itchy scalp. Even though this product smells good it didn't help with my itchy scalp after using the product I would itch and itch. Good for just a shampoo not good for itchy scalp.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2012 4:55:00 AM More reviews by bethy999

First off, I REALLY wish people wouldn't confuse dandruff with dry scalp. They are two totally different things and treating dry scalp with a dandruff shampoo like Head & Shoulders/Selsum Blue/T-Gel can make things ten times worse, further drying your scalp out.
I'm so happy H&S has a shampoo specifically for dry scalp now. We moved from AZ to Germany and the humidity has been crazy so we've been running a dehumidifier 24/7, which I think is why my scalp is dry. I've tried Regis Line Olive Oil shampoo & cond., Nexxus Humectress and L'Oreal Everpure Moisture Shampoo. Even when using those, as soon as my hair air dried I'd part my hair and see the big white flakes. And then the itchiness would set in. I figured since my scalp was dry it would need a moisturizing shampoo. I found this on a whim and gave it a try. First time, no more itchiness and flakes are much smaller and fewer. Second time using it... No more flakes, itchiness, nothing. Just clean, shiny, soft hair. I am SO impressed, love it!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/19/2012 5:34:00 PM More reviews by eLmol0v3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I haven't had any problems with dandruff or whatsoever, but I decided to try out this shampoo because I sometimes gets these little white things in my hair, but they're not dandruff, and I wasn't sure what it was. so I thought maybe to just give this a try, plus I was on the hunt for my next shampoo since I was running out.. and personally, I wouldn't re-purchase this again. it made my scalp better, yea.. but it literally fried my hair. my hair was so dry and was not moisturized at all, and it made my hair super frizzy...

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2012 10:33:00 PM More reviews by Laurelwood

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

What a great product! I've never had any issues with dandruff, but occasionally during the winter I get itchy and dry scalp. This shampoo helps keep my roots clean, but also keeps my scalp moisturized. I've also noticed that my hair is incredibly shiny after using this shampoo! I highly reccommend it!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2011 1:35:00 PM More reviews by Stinaxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This review is for the Head & Shoulders Dry scalp care with Almond Oil. So far I love it, I'm on my second bottle... I bought the Sensitive care one instead of Dry scalp when I ran out and after using it 2 times I went to repurchase the Dry scalp one. I find the Head & Shoulders vary so much it really does make a difference which one you use. I have a dry scalp and my hair has been greasy lately and this has helped. It has faded my hair color but I will live, it's nice to not have an itchy head!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2011 11:56:00 AM More reviews by Lalipop

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

A few weeks ago my hair got EXTREMELY itchy and I got dandruff. I did think at first of course what if it's lice? But after thoroughly checking I knew it wasn't lice. So then I realized it must be that my hair has reached a desert sahara dry patch. So after feeling very sorry for my hair, I went off to the local supermarket and looked around to see what they had for dry hair. There was of course Pantene ( But hey who wants to wax your hair?) and then tressemme, sunsilk and head and shoulders. After being attracted to the fact that it said it's for dry and damaged hair and an itchy scalp. That's exactly what I had! Plus it said it will make the dandruff go away. Perfect! I smelled briefly and loved it and the price was all good.

This product foamed relatively well, but I still had to wash twice to get a "clean"feel and I love it when the foam is everywhere. But I don't care. Washing twice isn't that bad for me. I like my showers. Anyway once again I was left in awe at the nice refreshing smell. Only bummer was when some of it went into my eye and made my eyes burn like a mother. But that's my fault, not Head & Shoulders.

Afterwards my hair felt MUCH better. I noticed about 75% of my dandruff just dissapeared BAM BOOF GONE! The itchiness was gone and didn't come back. Ever. No lies. After 1 wash ALL my itchiness went away. I couldn't believe it. After using it then regularly for a few more weeks my hair became much more healthier and dandruff free.

Conclusion: This is my go to shampoo if my hair needs to be refreshed or feels dry. I also use this to remove product build up. If you have dry hair that is giving you hell cause of itchiness, look no further :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2010 12:30:00 PM More reviews by reviews123

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the best shampoo on the market, hands down. I've tried near everything available at Sephora--Keratese, Klorane, Ojon (horrid stuff), FF--and this still gives me better results than all of it by far. The one thing I don't love is the drugstore-ish scent but for smooth, silky hair I'll deal.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2009 5:53:00 AM More reviews by sfreeman87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've tried both this and the sensitive scalp formula, this one is much better. And as far as I can tell, the claim that the sensitive formula is fragrance-free doesn't exactly ring true, because it smelled exactly the same as this one. I've had dandruff problems for a long time this significantly helps my hair. Like other reviews said, the packing is pretty annoying, but for it's price, I'll deal with it. Tar shampoos work really well for me, but they are expensive, and smelly. I sometimes use prescription shampoo when my skin is really flaking, but this has generally got my skin under control. Would definitely buy again. For those of you who regularly use this shampoo, it comes in a jumbo-sized version from Costco. The packaging is the same, I only wish it came with a pump.