October 30, 2014 | 1710 users online

Gels/Soaps - LUSH - Freeze Showergel

rated 3 of 5 on 3/8/2014 6:50:00 PM More reviews by Elizzzabethh

It has a very fresh smell to wake you up in the morning. However, it reminds me of toothpaste, so I personally am not a fan of the smell. It does clean well though.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2013 9:56:00 PM More reviews by TeHNyboR

Bought a small bottle of this online, and I have to say I was pretty impressed. Smells very minty, not too tingly feeling, but it did leave me feeling refreshed once I stepped out of the shower. And I didn't find it drying like some reviewers did. Made me feel squeaky clean and refreshed! I'd most likely repurchase this.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/15/2013 5:22:00 PM More reviews by Lewellenkelli

Smells of mint. It's drying and lathers good. Didn't give me the tingles at all as a soap or shampoo.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2012 9:11:00 AM More reviews by jetdelumiere

first reading all the review on this, i expect it to be very minty and tingly feeling, but it doesn't really tingly unless you shower with cold water- what i always do in the summer time.
altough it's not that refreshing at first, after i done showering i can feel the affect of this more clearly, and i can smell it all day, mostly when i'm hot and suppoused to smell a bit off the smell of the orange+mint hits you..just lovely :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2012 1:28:00 AM More reviews by LeMinx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I got Freeze (and a few other LUSH shower gels) for my mom for Christmas last year. She claims to like them so I decided to get Freeze for myself about a month later. Needless to say, I'm a bit underwhelmed.

When I read the product description and the reviews, I was expecting to be practically tingled to death by this shower gel. I've tried some mint body washes that really do give your skin the tingles, but Freeze did nothing for me. I didn't get the "wake you up" sensation that others have reported nor did it cool me off/warm me up. All I got was "this is a bit minty...and blue."

I was also mildly peeved at the price and the amount you get. I'm no cheap-o, but $10 for 3.3 oz? Really? If this stuff were good I could justify the cost, but this is nothing more than blue shower gel that is vaguely minty. Nothing more, nothing less.

On the plus side, Freeze isn't drying nor does it leave any kind of film on your skin. While that's great, I don't think I'd buy this again because I don't see the point. If I'm gonna pay $10 for something that is essentially going down the drain, I'd like it to at least do something while it's above the drain.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2010 4:22:00 PM More reviews by xxaceswildxx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I really wish you could buy this in a Lush store rather then online!

I bought this because I love minty things. I read it was good for hot days, after workouts etc. The tingly feeling is wonderful and adds a nice chill to you. The smell wakes you up (if you don't like fairly strong peppermint smells, you won't like this!)

I'm a mother to a very energetic 4 year old and after a long day at work I feel exhausted and gross and wanted something for a pick me up so I felt clean and was able to wake up a bit.

This did the trick!

It creates a so so lather in my loofah and gets me squeeky clean which i love. Gives me a second wind so I can play with my son and go about household things after work.

Will defnitely buy it again, even if I have to order it from the website!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/1/2009 10:33:00 AM More reviews by alizarine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

I bought this because I wanted something really fresh ad chilling to use after workout. I ended up using it all the time. It's not only good for removing that horrible feeling of sweaty unfreshness, but also to clear one's nose when suffering from a head cold, and to clear the brain in the early morning hour! Showering with Freeze before a boring meeting is the best way of getting through it in one piece. :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/5/2009 12:25:00 PM More reviews by tuffins

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I recieved a large sample of this with my LUSH UK order. It doesn't live up to its name for me at all. I was expecting 'slap in the face minty' and all I got was 'this is a peppermint shower gel?'. Don't get me wrong - it smells minty but no where near what I was expecting!! I didn't experience any body tingle or refreshing feel so no, I wouldn't repurchase. Does lather well and didn't dry my skin out though.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2009 4:29:00 PM More reviews by ianastar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Wonderful and lives up to its name. The peppermint in this wakes you up while it also cools down your body. Your skin will feel cool and refreshed. It tingles on the body too.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2008 10:50:00 PM More reviews by bethlee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This shower gel is a pretty deep blue color. It is minty, more of a peppermint sort of mint. It also has a herbal undertone which is the smell it dries down to after the shower. The scent does not stay for long. I do not really find the gel to be that tingly. For a super "brrr" tingly mint, I would recommend the following products by Bliss - "Shock Therapy" Body wash or for a scrub, "Super Minty Soap 'n Scrub". This shower gel would also be a good choice as a unisex shower gel.