Nivea Skin Firming Lotion

3.8

Water, Glycerin, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Glyceryl Stearate SE, Octyldodecanol, Alcohol Denatured, Stearic Acid, Dicaprylyl Ether, Dimethicone, Myristyl Alcohol, Creatine, Ubiquinone (Coenzyme Q10), Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance, Carbomer, Sodium Hydroxide, 1 Methylhydantoin 2 Imide, Methylparaben, Propylparaben GERMAN VERSION:Aqua, Glycerin, Paraffinum Liquidum, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Octyldodecanol, Alcohol Denat., Stearic Acid, Dimethicone, Ubiquinone, Creatine, 1-Methylhydantoin-2-Imide, Dicaprylyl Ether, Myristyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Sodium Carbomer, Propylparaben, Linalool, Citronellol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Benzyl Alcohol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Limonene, Parfum.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

To me, this is a regular body lotion, nothing to be crazy about and nothing that makes me want to repurchase it (I've gone through my bottle). I moisturize my whole body after every shower and I'm a plus size so I need a lot of lotion lol, so I have tried many many lotions in my lifetime, as you can see in my reviews, and this one really doesn't do anything special.

The lotion is on the thin side and spread easily, so you do not need a lot of it to cover your whole body, and the bottle will last a while. The price is not too expensive, and the smell is nice, strong at first but doesn't really linger on the skin. The lotion is absorbed by the skin and doesn't leave a film on it, but you have to rub it a while to make all the white disappear, so if you're in a hurry, that's not the best. I didn't see any firming effect and I started the gym back in the same time I started this lotion, so I should've. Also, in the summer it's really too heavy to wear when it's hot and humid outside, even if the lotion look thin and light. I agree with someone else that it kind of melt of the skin.

All-in-all, it's an ok moisturizing lotion that doesn't disturb my sensitive skin, but that's it.

This is my all-time favourite! I have used this lotion for years: great firming results, smells is great, easy to apply, and the list goes on! I love to apply it right after my shower, people even ask me what perfume I'm using, but it is actually the lotion that smells great! The only negative I can think of is that during really hot summer days, it almost melts on your skin so I avoid putting it on during those days, but other than that, this lotion is great. I even found it at the dollar store for 2$!!! I bought 3 bottles :)

I was amazed not expecting to see results like this. My legs look so much better.
Younger looking legs.

This lotion is amazing!! I'm pretty skinny but have some cellulite on the back of my thighs. I bought this lotion only for the firming benefits and didn't expect it to be too moisturizing. To my surprise, this is just as moisturizing as my previous favorite lotion (vaseline cocoa butter.) So my first impression of this lotion was really good just based on how well it moisturized my dry skin.. But does it actually FIRM? .. YES!! I have seen results and am thrilled with how well this actually works!!! I will forever keep repurchasing this product!! My legs look amazing!! :) I highly recommend this!

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

This body lotion really works, you start feeling the difference in a week or so. I am skinny but I don't work out a lot so my legs are kind of jello. This really make a difference.

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure

I actually really liked this. I usually hate chemically, non natural products....pretty much everything. Usually I like to use coconut oil, just pure...or olive oil, on my skin. After a shower, letting it absorb ( so it isn't too greasy) on damp skin, then tow
eling off the extra. ANYWAYS, sorry I digress.

This made my dry, alligator skin finally moisturized, from a really deep level. Especially on my shins, where it gets soooo dry and crackly. Gross I know. But it helps. Like, finally my skin is deeply moist with water, it's nice and plump. I like it. That sounds disgusting, but my skin was literally so dry and thin before....like fragile feeling, on the verge of wrinkles kind of.
I hope this will help with stretch marks, I'll just try it out for a while. It felt so great after a shower. I just slathered it on, so much. In gobs. And it feels awesome. Literally, my skin is so dry.
Finally, it feels like it got a big drink of water. Most lotions just feels so icky and filmy, this one is a little filmy but I'm sure it s doing something good. Because my skin looks great.
I wish it was natural, but my skin seriously feels moist all day. And that is rare.
No reaction what so ever, so my skin must be not super sensitive. No acnes either.
I will use this as a cure-all for when my skin is in bad shape.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have this in the "dry skin" version with macadamia. It was reasonably priced, under $10, for a largish bottle of lotion. It has a thin consistency, spreads nicely, absorbs fast and doesn't leave you sticky (I hate the lotion stickies...). With continued massaging ( circular to get circulation going to help with toning and cellulite) it leaves your skin firm feeling. For me, the scent is a little strong, but I don't find it overly flowery or "feminine" and it fades to a bearable smell after half an hour or so.
The great thing about this lotion is that it leaves your skin glowy and plumped up. I wouldn't say that it firms in a permanent way, but it moisturizes enough to make your skin cells plump up to look healthy and smooth all day. It has helped (along with scrubbing in the shower) to get rid of a couple small patches of keratosis that were developing on my arms, so I'm certain that it is an effective moisturizer. I will definitely buy again because I love that my skin looks deeply moisturized without having that disgusting slick feeling. I've just finished my first bottle, so I'm interested in seeing if continued use with nivea's q10 will produce results that do more to restore lost collagen and are not so temporary. This lotion is definitely worth a try with short-short season here!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I am very satisfied with this lotion. I paid only $7 for it and the bottle is quite big. The consistency is more watery, but I kinda like that because I find creams are harder to blend.
The way I apply it is, I smooth this all over my body and especially massaging the areas where I feel I need more firmness. It doesn't absorb that quickly. It takes about 30 minutes, but then I get super soft skin that's tighter than before. I find it quite moisturizing for a rather watery firming lotion, which to me is another plus.
I can definitely see that my skin is much firmer with this lotion and I will continue using it daily, because that seems to really show the difference.
Great product, and I wish I could have discovered this sooner.

BEWARE! This lotion broke me out in a red, itchy, raised rash. I do not have sensitive skin whatsoever, and I have never had a reaction to any skin product, so needless to say, I was surprised by my skin's reaction. I was using the lotion daily, and the rash started to appear on Day 5 of use. I immediately stopped using it, but the rash has continued to appear and get worse. I haven't used it for 3 days now, and the rash is still there. According to my internet research, I'm not the only one this has happened to... a red, itchy rash about 5-6 days after starting use seems to be more common than it should be. I was surprised that no MakeupAlley reviewers have had this experience (though a few mentioned "breaking out" and itching, which is probably a milder version of what I have).

I really wanted to like this... the consistency was good, it absorbed quickly, and I was curious to see if it firmed at all. Unfortunately, I never got that far. This went right in the trash. Save yourself the potential hassle and find something better.

The smell is nice.
The product is very watery yet very moisturizing. For those people who keeps saying it does not absorb, It's a lotion and you need to apply and massage it in for few seconds. I does firm my skin, not that much of a difference, but leaves skin bouncy and smooth.