October 25, 2014 | 1086 users online

Lip Gloss - Christian Dior - Addict Lip Gloss- A Sip of Lemonade-001

rated 2 of 5 on 9/23/2006 9:58:00 PM More reviews by another_mac_addict

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I was tempted to give this a rating of one. The gloss is a decent clear. It seems to bring out the pink tones in my lips if worn alone, has great shine, and isn't too sticky. Then there's the fake rose smell, which I find inoffensive on a good day, and sickening on a bad one. What made me hate it is the packaging. I haven't dropped or damaged it, but it leaks everywhere. This is my first Dior lipgloss, so I might have gotten a messed up one, but for $20 I feel like I should't have to worry about that.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2005 10:49:00 PM More reviews by binker123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

My HG clear lipgloss - love the scent (reminds me of L'Oreal Rouge Pulps which must have come out when I was in middle school), the slippery texture, and the SICK amount of shine. Lasting power isn't amazing, but it's a gloss, not a lipstick, and it doesn't leave those weird white sticky patches on my lips that other glosses sometimes do. Incredibly expensive, but I do think that, texture-wise, you're not going to be able to find a cheap dupe for this and for that reason alone (and because, c'mon, it's Dior and it's fun in a spoiled way to own such glitzy cosmetics) I'll continue to buy it.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/28/2005 8:22:00 PM More reviews by FOXYPURR

Hated it. First let me say I have four other Dior Addict Lip Gloss' and they are the best I've ever tried. This one, however, is not my friend. It's sticky, it's just a plain clear color, and it doesn't have much shine. I purchased it from Neiman Marcus without seeing an appropriate color swatch or color description but I figured it would be like the other Dior addict glosses with are packed with shine, sparkle, and unsticky taste but this had none of that. I'll keep looking for what I thought would have been a clear color with loads of sparkle and shine.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2005 10:54:00 AM More reviews by leonie_au

A Sip of Lemonade is a basic, non-sticky clear gloss... fine to purchase if you can get it cheaply (thank goodness for eBay! ;) ), or don't care about the expense. But there's many more clear lip glosses on the market for a fraction of the price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2004 3:08:00 AM More reviews by becky5300

lovely lip gloss, if you want a clear lip gloss with a great consistency, look and taste - it really does taste and smell like lemonade - i'd recommend investing in this. the packaging looks great and the wand applicator is so much easier than the tube packaging of the Juicy Tubes

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2003 11:16:00 PM More reviews by luba

I love this lip gloss. Yes, it is just a plain clear color but it goes so well over the Plastic Shines by Christian Dior. My make-up artist used it over 2 mixed plastic shine colors and it not only looked well, but lasted too. The packaging is great and the quality is superb.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2003 3:38:00 PM More reviews by dana

Just an average clear lipgloss. The stars of this new gloss line are the glimmer ones, not a basic clear gloss. Save your cash!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2003 4:25:00 AM More reviews by BEVERLYS

PRICE: US$22.00

Urk.. insanely boring just about sums this up. Despite it's luxurious packaging, it's basically a clear lipgloss - no shimmer, no color, no nothing. Plus, it's quite thin so it doesn't even have much staying power. Disappointing, because the other colors in the range are gorgeous and interesting! Dior could've at least put some iridescent shimmer or a sheen to it.. but it's just clear and, well, that's it.

continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2003 3:14:00 AM More reviews by mriaow

A Sip of Lemonade is a translucent, high-shine gloss intended for wearing alone or over lipstick. Creates a wet-look, but is light in texture and weight.