October 22, 2014 | 1289 users online

Eye Shadow - Christian Dior - 5 Color Eyeshadow - Moonray 820

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2012 12:21:00 AM More reviews by artemistzitzikilakis

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Got this on Strawberry.net for $29, period, no sales tax, shipping. New in box. WOW. Why did Dior yet again discontinue something good? This is unusal in that it has no dark color for lining, and I use gel eyeliner so that is always a waste for me. I have enought contour colors. It is all GORGEOUS pastels, yellow, peach, blue/liliac, green and pink. They are relatively light with sheen but not glitter - fell like I have "innocent eyes" when I wear them. Great idea, putting all lid pastels - I have close set eyes so must be light on lid - in one palette. Good exp. with Strawberry.net, sent me a CK lipstick, maybe CK m/u only sold in Asia? If you run across this you might consider buying it. As with all Dior e/s's there is unfortunately no matte or near matte colors, hence the rate "4"

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2007 1:33:00 PM More reviews by queenisabelle29

the colors in this palette are all pale and iridescent and are all very pretty. in the winter, i use these more as highlighters and during the summer, i use these colors by themselves. they go on nicely and last relatively long without a huge amount of creasing. i do like these colrs but i don't use them enough to buy the palette again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2007 8:25:00 AM More reviews by maschaa

I have this palette and use all the colors as highlighters in combination with other make-up. If I do pink eyes, I apply the pink highlight color. Blue eyes = blue light color. I really like these. Allthough wore together there is not much diffrence, but used as a browbone highlighter the colors really do come out.. I used a chanel duo with a medium and dark blue and then the light blue shade in this palette on my brow bone, looked amaaaaazing! This is great for girls that don't have many highlighter-type-shades. Get this and you are done, no need for other light shades.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2006 10:30:00 PM More reviews by verybecca

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I could see how some people would find these colors very similar, as they are all iridescent pearls, but come on! They're all different. If you are pale, this may not show up very well, but on a medium to dark face, this would be a stunner! I'm olive/yellow and I have small lids and black eyes and can really only wear light shadows, so I am always on the lookout for new shimmers and pearls. I get so much from this one palette and I didn't think twice about the price because I can use all of the colors (most palettes have a dark shade that gets neglected.) These colors, much like the Body Shop's emerald green, look great on top of darker colors, to change their nature. I love the multifaceted colors and mixing and matching them - this palette was made for me! EDIT: THIS IS NOT SHIMMERY - IT'S SUPERCHALKY AND IT'S GOING BACK TO SEPHORA! Once the top later of shimmer is gone, it's almost matte!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2005 9:50:00 PM More reviews by Cygentte3

I wasn't overly impressed with this palette.

The shades do look very pretty in the pan - lemon yellow, pastel green, light pink, medium pink, and lavendar. However, when I tried them on, I was barely able to tell the difference between them. The irridecence was nice, I'll admit that, but I don't want to pay $49.50 for 5 colors that basically all function as a highlighter and look virtually the same.

To give it credit, I never tried it wet, so maybe that would help. I've already swapped it away, and hopefully someone will love it more than I do. continued >>

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2005 4:20:00 PM More reviews by chilli

I didn't care for this Dior quint at all. The colors were über pretty in the pan but didn't show up at all on my warm PPP skin (and I'm practically white!). Just made me look all chalky. swapped it away, hope it has a good home now :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2005 7:14:00 PM More reviews by Strawberri

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this! It goes really well with my seascape one.. i especially love to use these colors with the blue in that palette! looks typical Dior. I find that if i use these colors by themselves or use two at once, because the colors are kind of similar there isn't much difference. and i can't use this in any way other than a wash/base color, but still it's wonderful because theres 5 wash colors to play with! this is actually pretty cheap... $11/shadow. what sucks is that the packaging is kind of big- i only use this palette as wash so i need to bring another case also. you can separate the eyeshadow from the pan by using an exacto knife though,(i've tried it) or those mini screwdrivers will probably work, and just squish it inbetween the edge of the pan carefully and the case and it should pop out, they're only attached at the bottom by a very sticky wet-ish glue. so this way you can mix/match colors from other dior palettes ¢¾: ]

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2005 9:45:00 PM More reviews by vampsandtramps

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite palette right now, for a subdued but fun eye look. The colors are described beautifully in the review before mine and, even better, the very first review. I love the matte lilac rose all over my lid to even out and brighten. It looks really fresh, especially with curles lashes and a little mascara. Then, I usually apply the iridescent light blue or ice green to the crease and above for a kick, and the yellow gold right under the brow. I use the colors in lots of other ways too, but this look is so, let me say it again, fresh. Of course, it's also expensive, but I would repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2005 5:10:00 PM More reviews by Libbycam

Dior's "Moonray" palette is beautifully packaged in the classic Dior compact w/a generously-sized mirror in the lid and 2 sponge/brush applicators. The quint colors include 4 soft, iridescent pastel shades w/one matte pink. Iridescent shades consist of a lemony-gold, mint-green, pink-gold, bluish-purple (my fav). The middle color is a matte pastel-pink. The quality of the shadows is what you would expect from Dior: soft, sweeping texture with reliable staying power. This palette is a spin-off of my absolute favorite (discontinued, bummer!) palette, "The Effects de Perle", which was even more fabulous than "Moonray". Oh well, atleast there is a beautiful runner-up to this story. >^,,^<

rated 4 of 5 on 10/9/2004 3:30:00 AM More reviews by yenny

i love the light colors but i need some layers so that the color shows..... but it's great