Ben Nye Neutral Set translucent powder

4.6

Ingredients for Colorless: Talc, Aluminum Hydroxide, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. /////////// Talc, aluminum hydroxide, methylparaben, propylparaben, butylparaben, sorbic acid.

on 6/9/2015 10:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Although I HATE the banana powder, I really like this neutral set to set my concealer. It does not leave me drying or patchy. & specially it does not leave a white cast under my eye. Great product!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

Love this product for setting foundation for a long period of time. It can be used for any skin tone and is one of the cheaper Ben bye powders at £10.50 for 3oz! I just wished the would change the packaging so you don't have to pour some out. The same goes for all Ben bye powders, unless I'm missing something but shouldn't they Be in a large shifter pot style packaging .......

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Best setting powder ever. I used NYX and ELF setting powders prior to this-the main ingredient in those is silica which works well. The first ingredient in neutral set is talc so I wasn't sure how this would compare but It actually wears better because it stops my face from sweating/getting too oily and breaking down the makeup. I don't get cracks or fine lines at the end of the day and my makeup looks better for longer.

Bought a big jar of this off amazon for a good price. It doesn't take much-just a light dust over the face, I focus more on the T-zone and places I get oily, then I follow up with setting spray. I would wait and apply your mascara AFTER you put this powder on-otherwise I had issues with it getting in my mascara before it completely dried it making it looking powdery.

on 3/3/2015 11:02:00 AM

This powder is excellent at setting foundation, causes no pattchy dry bits and does not effect your foundation colour at all (so long as you don't use too much). Yet somehow it creates a sort of flawless look. Can be used for subtle contouring in areas you want to highlight but not wanting to look greasy (forehead etc). Use quite a dense brush and deliberately pat on too much powder, leave for a bit then gently brush off excess. Nice and cheep too. Lovely.

HOWEVER if you have acne you really can't us this everyday. It's okay for nights out or special occasions but will brake you out if you use it everyday. So sad cause it's really beautiful.

on 2/28/2015 12:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

HG. Amazing amazing! This powder is life changing for me because I've never used a setting powder/translucent because they usually clog on me + cause breakouts, but this stuff just sets all my makeup and makes it stays the whole day. I never thought my oily skin will ever ever experience a non greasy day but with this!!!

on 2/18/2015 12:58:00 AM

This is good stuff and if you have not you need to try it. It's well worth a try. I have a lot of high end powders that cost a lot and I do believe that this is really good. I got mine off eBay from in* pink in 20 gram sifter jars and they are really nice and labeled beautifully. I got 5 or 6 sample jars for less than $19 and free shipping, that's a lot of powders and realize that's bigger than most high end ones like nars and MUFE. I got a bunch of ben nye powders and I liked all of them I tried.

I love this product, just as I love all Ben Bye powders! Please keep in mind this product is intended to set cream makeup. Not BB/cc cream/etc. These products contain a lot more skin care ingredients than what a traditional foundation contains, so you can't expect it to preform the same. It is a pro brand and used appropriately it works fantastic. Another consideration is application technique. If you struggle with the packaging, put it into an old loose powder container that you like. Always tap your brush/puff off, and your brush(s) needs to be super clean every time you use it. It is made to absorb oil, so you will get cake otherwise. The value of this powder is amazing.

on 7/9/2014 7:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

I purchased this powder for oil control. It is no better or worse than any powder I have tried. I will continue to look for my HG powder for my oily T-zone. Mac blot powder is nice for a touch up powder, but not for a setting powder.

on 7/4/2014 8:34:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I had very high hopes for this powder, since it is made for theater and contains an anti-presperant! As gross as it sounds, I get sweaty very fast in warm weather, so makeup that just controls oil was never enough for me.

As a powder, the Neutral Set works like any other loose powder. It does get messy, and because the big 8 ounce jar doesn't have a shaker or some form of packaging to control the product being dispensed, it gets messy. However, it blends well into my skin and doesn't show up as white or cakey. Sadly, I don't think it actually controls sweat as it claims to. As I always say, maybe I'm just overly oily and sweaty, but overall, I was disappointed by the product. It still works nicely as a translucent powder when I want a light finish that doesn't look cakey, but the fact that I still get oily and sweaty was just a bummer.

on 5/26/2014 7:05:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product was far too white looking for me, even as a NC20 fair-medium. It is multi-purpose though so I suppose it could be used for other things. I am very particular with color matching on my face and I don't like the white ghost look. Even too white to set my eye concealer. Only recommend for very fair complexion. A shame because the texture and finish are very nice.

Recommended for Normal Skin