Ben Nye Neutral Set translucent powder

4.6

Price: $

Price: $

Ingredients for Colorless: Talc, Aluminum Hydroxide, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. /////////// Talc, aluminum hydroxide, methylparaben, propylparaben, butylparaben, sorbic acid.

on 2/28/2015 12:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

HG. Amazing amazing! This powder is life changing for me because I've never used a setting powder/translucent because they usually clog on me + cause breakouts, but this stuff just sets all my makeup and makes it stays the whole day. I never thought my oily skin will ever ever experience a non greasy day but with this!!!

on 2/18/2015 12:58:00 AM

This is good stuff and if you have not you need to try it. It's well worth a try. I have a lot of high end powders that cost a lot and I do believe that this is really good. I got mine off eBay from in* pink in 20 gram sifter jars and they are really nice and labeled beautifully. I got 5 or 6 sample jars for less than $19 and free shipping, that's a lot of powders and realize that's bigger than most high end ones like nars and MUFE. I got a bunch of ben nye powders and I liked all of them I tried.

I love this product, just as I love all Ben Bye powders! Please keep in mind this product is intended to set cream makeup. Not BB/cc cream/etc. These products contain a lot more skin care ingredients than what a traditional foundation contains, so you can't expect it to preform the same. It is a pro brand and used appropriately it works fantastic. Another consideration is application technique. If you struggle with the packaging, put it into an old loose powder container that you like. Always tap your brush/puff off, and your brush(s) needs to be super clean every time you use it. It is made to absorb oil, so you will get cake otherwise. The value of this powder is amazing.

on 7/9/2014 7:57:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

I purchased this powder for oil control. It is no better or worse than any powder I have tried. I will continue to look for my HG powder for my oily T-zone. Mac blot powder is nice for a touch up powder, but not for a setting powder.

on 7/4/2014 8:34:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I had very high hopes for this powder, since it is made for theater and contains an anti-presperant! As gross as it sounds, I get sweaty very fast in warm weather, so makeup that just controls oil was never enough for me.

As a powder, the Neutral Set works like any other loose powder. It does get messy, and because the big 8 ounce jar doesn't have a shaker or some form of packaging to control the product being dispensed, it gets messy. However, it blends well into my skin and doesn't show up as white or cakey. Sadly, I don't think it actually controls sweat as it claims to. As I always say, maybe I'm just overly oily and sweaty, but overall, I was disappointed by the product. It still works nicely as a translucent powder when I want a light finish that doesn't look cakey, but the fact that I still get oily and sweaty was just a bummer.

on 5/26/2014 7:05:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product was far too white looking for me, even as a NC20 fair-medium. It is multi-purpose though so I suppose it could be used for other things. I am very particular with color matching on my face and I don't like the white ghost look. Even too white to set my eye concealer. Only recommend for very fair complexion. A shame because the texture and finish are very nice.

on 5/6/2014 2:07:00 PM

I'm so glad I got this powder, it's amazing !! I bought this, the luxury powder in buff and translucent powder in fair and I love them all. If you suffer from an oily t-zone like me then try this little tip... After letting moisturiser sink in, I shake a little neutral set powder on a big powder brush (either Liz Earle large powder brush or Real Techniques powder brush) and buff into my nose, chin and forehead. Then I apply Bourjois CC cream (another amazing find by the way), touch up with concealer if necessary but I find using the neutral set powder as a primer really helps with the coverage of my base, then I powder with either the luxury powder or the translucent powder, quite heavily in fact as they never seem to look overdone no matter how much I apply, then my usual bronzer (if I decide to) and blush. I then take a teeny tiny amount of neutral set on a sheer finish powder brush by Bobbi Brown and lightly dust my nose and chin again and honestly my skin is matt but glowy and pores are airbrushed into oblivion with no white cast. This keeps my nose and chin shine free for about a good five hours and really stops any separation of my base around the creases of my nose. I have an obsession with face powder, especially loose powder and I have tried so many, Chanel was my No 1 until I tried Ben Nye powders and I have to say I'm thrilled. I ordered the 49 gram shaker jar of this for only 4 (30 grams of Chanel loose powder cost me 32) and I plan on purchasing the 226 gram size jar of neutral set, the luxury powder in buff and the fair translucent powder as soon as possible, they're that good. The neutral set powder contains an ingredient to help with perspiration. Even this wee size will last me ages and is good for travelling as it's not bulky. I just wish I'd tried these sooner and will never be without. I personally like the packaging as I just shake the powder into another loose powder lid when applying. All Ben Nye powders are talc based but that doesn't worry me in the slightest. Amazing powders especially for the price and I love the subtle talcum powder smell. It's worth trying anyway, the worst that can happen is you lose a few quid, (you can always pass it on to someone else) and I've personally wasted much more trying products that don't hold a candle to this. Big thumbs up from me :)

on 4/29/2014 1:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Edit: i am heartbroken this breaks me out like crazy. As soon as i put this on, my face starts stinging and by end of day, i feel painful pimples developing. I am not downgrading it because it works wonders if you are not allergic to it. I have the other colors and they work fine on my T-zone so there must be one ingredient in the translucent that does not agree with me. I guess i'll have to go back to my expensive mac prep+prime.

Works very well: controls oil and adds no color. But if you have dry skin be careful. Will cause dry spots on dry areas. I only use this On my T-Zone because i am very dry on my cheeks and jaw line. If you have oily skin, you will LOVE the ben nye translucent powders.

on 3/19/2014 1:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

My favourite powder, lasts ages, sets every foundation I've tried and lasts all day. only downside is the bottle. I paid about 8 pound for it online for it in the UK and compared it to my usual powder which I pay more than double that price for for 0.75 oz and this is a 3oz. Best value powder out there with amazing results.

on 3/5/2014 3:10:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

This powder is serious stuff and when it works, my face stays matte all day. That being said, I've had it look fantastic and I've had it cake up. I've had it look flawless and natural, and I've also managed to look like my face was made of powder particles. It's been rather hit or miss and I suspect it has a lot to do with product interaction, how much is applied, and how long I've waited for my foundation to really dry down before applying. Although it might sound strange, I've found that properly moisturizing my face prior to application helped a lot. When it works, it really works, but it's been such a struggle to get it to work that I usually opt for my more reliable option, the Catrice Prime and Fine mattifying loose powder. I also found this to be more successful for me in the summer than in the winter, because you know, this powder comes in a massive bottle, so I've tried it in all seasons, and I'll probably have enough to last me the rest of my life.

Despite sounding on the fence about it, if you really struggle with oil control, this is worth trying. It's not going to break the bank, and as us oily gals know, we'll try anything to tame our faces. It can work. It does work. It just takes some experimentation to get there.

Recommended for Normal Skin