November 28, 2014 | 1352 users online

Eyes - Beauticontrol - Shadow Control Cremes

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2011 6:05:00 PM More reviews by sandyrose

I have been using this product for YEARS! I love it! My eyeshadow really stays put all day. I usually wear MAC shadow and the two of them are amazing together.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2010 9:25:00 AM More reviews by homersmom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is straight up the best eye shadow primer if you want your shadow to actually last without creasing...and who doesn't want that? What sold me on this product years ago (yes, it's been around awhile!) was that I slept in it and yes I'm aware that's a big no no but either way my eyeshadow had not budged overnight. That sold me and I've been using it ever since for those occasions when I really need my shadow to perform. Love it!!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/16/2010 6:37:00 PM More reviews by CaitlynJordan

Wow. I really can't believe most of the comments on this stuff. It makes me wonder how many people a) really know what a base is/supposed be and how it works, and b) how many are sales people. I used to sell the stuff, and really don't understand the hype.

It is a nice translucent cream type eyeshadow, maybe used as a highlight? or for people who like the natural look. However, this will not perform for a makeup lover. The package is nice, but the product is quite disappointing. On me, it fades incredibly fast, creases like that's what it was made for, and does nothing IMO for colors put on top of it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2010 8:29:00 PM More reviews by edotmarie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Move over, Urban Decay Primer Potion. I've owned both, and I can safely say that Beauticontrol's Shadow Control Cream pummels UDPP right into the ground. In addition to simply working better, the packaging is superior in that it is far more economical. Whereas I might blow through one $16 tube of UDPP in a couple months, I've been using the same $12 tube of SCC for close to two years and have barely dented it. A little truly goes a long way, and it works great regardless of the kind of shadow I use. My HG moment occurred when I looked in the mirror following a Nine Inch Nails concert and found my eyeshadow perfectly intact. Sold.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2009 12:16:00 PM More reviews by marthaquest

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Dunno about this primer. You can find it on eBay for cheap (I think I paid $5), and it comes in a few colors. I have Taupe, which is lovely & pale silvery-lavender-taupe, looks great on its own & shadows stick pretty well, but not as well as UDDP, Lancome Color Dose or Mac/L'Oreal Paints. It's not drying, the tube is infinitely prettier & easier than UDDP, and a tube will last a year unless you change your e/s 3x a day. I can't honestly say it makes e/s colors pop; e/s tends to fade in 4-5 hours for me with this stuff. It's not bad, but it's not sensational. I bought it based on the super-high ratings on MUA, then thought I might have been duped as other reviewers *might* be salespeople for the brand (a Mary Kay/Avon-type of organization).

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2009 4:58:00 PM More reviews by cicilykong

I've compared Urban Decay's Primer Potion to this primer & they work and carry out hte same EXACT effect. If anything, I liked beauticontrol's more because of the packaging & the creaminess. I didn't have to worry about it trying out.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2009 11:41:00 PM More reviews by katly

This is a wonderful base for eye shadows. I'm bummed that I lost mine. I had mine for over 3 years and it still worked! This really enhances eye shadows and makes them last all day without smudging and creasing. The only downfall is that if you use this product it's a bit harder to blend your shadows.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2008 3:26:00 AM More reviews by RaquellaDeVille

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The. BEST. Primer. EVER.

I have used tons of primers over the years for my eyeshadow (even "prestige" brands like Smashbox and Laura Geller). Nothing has really worked to avoid "creasing." Smashbox never worked for me, and Laura Geller's took forever to dry. Then I ran across this stuff, and it's just amazing.

It comes in different colors. You can get a clear one, or you can get colored ones to sort of enhance the eye shadow you're going to put on top. Or, the colored ones can work great by themselves! I love this brown metallic one. It looks gorgeous. And it keeps eyeshadow and eyeliner on FOREVER. It never creases.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2007 4:02:00 PM More reviews by chelsrae85

Cheaper than UDPP, but works just the same. Easy to blend shadows over it. Love this product and will continue to buy as long as it is made.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2007 8:11:00 AM More reviews by Jellix

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have oily lids so shadow always creases on me after a few hours and is pretty much gone by the end of the day, not with this stuff! I've even gone to bed (i.e. passed out after the bar) on occasion without taking off my makeup and my eyes are still perfectly done in the morning. Highly recommended!