April 24, 2014 | 1329 users online

Lipstick - Stila - all lipsticks

rated 3 of 5 on 7/31/2009 3:05:00 PM More reviews by jod84

hay i got a stila lipstick 2day on sale......im in love with the colour but i found it very drying on my lips, did any one else have this problem? its in a gray tube in colour parker???

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2007 6:55:00 PM More reviews by Bobbie5772

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I just bought Stila's High Shine Lip Color in Elektra. This is the best lip anything I have ever used. It feels great on, makes my 40 year old lips look smooth and young, and it has just the right amount of color as it is so sheer. I mean really sheer. Glad I bought the shade I thought would be too dark on me! I am a lipstick wearer, but lately my usual stuff makes my lips look old-yuk! I needed something thin and smooth that might last longer than 30 seconds. This is it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2007 9:24:00 PM More reviews by mkdallas

I just purchased a brand new offering from Stila; Long Wear Lip Color in "Treasure". It's a lonlasting formula that also claims to be moisturizing. Today was the first test drive and I'm quite impressed. First things first: the color palate is a little random. "Treasure" is a really nice rusty bronze color, with just a little shimmer. It is a little darker than my own lip color (medium pink) and it went on very smoothly. The lipstick itself is like a skinny crayon; the thinner tip gives you enough control that you really don't need to use a lip liner with it. It stayed moist for awhile, although I'm a lipgloss junkie, so I added a very light peachy gloss (MAC Moonbathe) over it just to keep things slippery. This lipstick really looks pretty with the gloss on top. Staying power was excellent; 4 hours and one dinner later, I still have substantial color on my lips, even after using a napkin. I would give it 5 lippies, but the other colors did not seem very flattering to most skin tones.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/31/2006 3:18:00 AM More reviews by oople

I was in New York for the first time, taking in the city, and decided to pop into a department store and browse. The Stila counter was right in front of me, and the display of lipstick was so tempting I had to go up and play. The first listick I pulled out was a brownish berrish color. It was pretty, so I turned the tube around to check out the name, and it was called 'April'. Well, now I have to buy it. It has a nice color, creme texture without sparkles or shimmer. Gives a nice neutral look. However I don't find myself reaching for it too often. It does dry out my lips a bit more than other lipsticks, so I have to use it with lip balm or gloss. The silver colored cardboard tube is the low point of the product. The cardboard peels apart, and the silver color rubs off so easily, and the tube gets ratty really fast. Although it is a nice lipstick, it isn't special enough to spend the money on again, especially in that cardboard tube. (I pretty much bought it for its name the first time.) There are cheaper options that are just as pretty.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2005 2:49:00 AM More reviews by technopixie

huge rave for me! the gloss.com samples got me interested. although the shades they sent (pixi, natalie, luce) didn't work well with my coloring, the formula is really nice! very light and moisturizing, and lasts really well. The new packaging is also splendid, I'm in love with the little stars on the inside of the shimmer formula. My only peeve with the color selection is that many of the colors I've tried go orange on me- Jane especially for some reason, but also all of the nudes. I like Natalie as a more dramatic fall/winter shade because it's kind of deep on my ppp/lll skin. But right now Marissa is my HG everyday mlbb, it's so effortless I can put it on without a mirror. I would totally buy more of these if I could find more colors that work on me.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2005 4:07:00 PM More reviews by kl90z

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

i just tried this lipstick in pussycat pink and was bummed its only limeted edition its a very soft pink not quite sheer but very light it lasted and smelled great i dont have anything negative to say about this lipstick its kind of expensive but ill run to the beuty store to grab more its a great coler

rated 1 of 5 on 1/17/2005 2:03:00 AM More reviews by visageaparis

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Stila lipsticks only redeeming quality is that they come in a decent (though not fabulous) palette of colors. The lipstick consistency is dry and scratchy. The package design, while attempting to be more environmentally friendly or at least different ends up seeming cheap and shoddy compared with other comparably priced lipsticks. I will **never** buy another Stila lipstick again unless I suddently want to pay money to have a cardboard container filled with colored sandpaper in my cosmetic bag. Forget this crap.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/10/2005 12:18:00 PM More reviews by nicolley77

i got this lipstick in helen. it's a nice color of the brown/beige variety and looks nice, but i don't find the quality any better/worse than any other high end lipstick i have. i'd also have to agree with everyone else that the cardboard packaging is lame ... you can recycle plastic too, ya know. and sheesh, if they are gonna give you cheap cardboard, at least make the lipstick a little cheaper.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2004 7:54:00 PM More reviews by deliah008

I got this in a can set, in Jane. The color is described as a shimmery nude, but I would say it's more of a rose color, not much nude/brown tones in it. On my lips it looks okay, but it's nothing special, nothing a drugstore lipstick wouldn't do. And I hate the cardboard packaging; it's tacky and seems to be easily destructible.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2004 11:55:00 AM More reviews by MargaretD

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Stila lipsticks turn rancid after about six months. This is very disappointing since these lipsticks are expensive. I do not recommend purchasing a Stila lipstick unless you plan on using it up within six months.