August 1, 2014 | 2100 users online

Gels/Soaps - The Body Shop - Glycerin Soaps - various scents

rated 3 of 5 on 3/9/2008 4:36:00 AM More reviews by luvburmese

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I found this soap to be too drying for all over. I wouldn't use all over unless you have oily skin all over. I don't believe it's meant to be used all over. I would suggest using it as a hand soap instead.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2006 10:25:00 AM More reviews by moorkitty

These are reasonably priced here in Canada if you buy in bulk or get on sale. Love the Pink Grapefruit scent the most. However, all glycerine soaps seem to melt away in the dish for me and I have since moved on to L'Occitane Milk Soap or Roger & Gallet Gentle Nature soaps which are huge, hard milled, contain shea butter and are more moisturizing. Plus one bar will last for months. These Body Shop bars make a good stocking stuffer, esp. for teens but I would not buy them again for my own use.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2006 10:55:00 AM More reviews by blondegiraffe

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The Body Shop's strawberry scents have always brought me back to my childhood, and when I smelled their newly-brought-back strawberry line, I went crazy! I couldn't get enough of that sweet, fruity scent, so I looked around for the cheapest form of strawberry that I could get. (I was broke.) I came across the Strawberry glycerin soap and I thought, why not? The color is beautiful, the smell....MMMM, and my bathroom seemed brightened up by the color and the smell of the soap. I found that the soap doesn't seem to lather much when you rub it into your skin, but it actually does leave lots of product on your skin, so you have to scrub it. I took off one lippie because after rinsing, my skin felt 'squeaky clean' in a bad way...like rubber on plastic! But I WILL buy again for the wonderful smell.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2005 4:57:00 PM More reviews by riotingpacifist

I'm definately more of a shower gel person, as bar soaps have always left me either dry or greasy, but I can't say the same for these bar soaps. They clean you but don't leave you dry or greasy. They rinse right off without a fight, which is another problem I've had with bar soaps. Satsuma is my absolute favorite, it smells divine.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2004 6:53:00 PM More reviews by rosieee

These soaps are gentle and get you clean. They don't lather but they do smell nice. I've used calm waters the most and can't say that I like a majority of the scents, but I love calm waters and exotic passionfruit. I'm more of a body wash person but I always use soap for a few certain areas like shaving under the arms.
Nice although nothing spectacular but I'd buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/24/2004 3:20:00 PM More reviews by x_SparklingEyes_x

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

My mother and I were christmas shopping in the malls and we walked into The Body Shop. My mom picked up tangerine. She loved the smell. It was just ok to me. We bought it for my younger brother. I consider myself more of a shower gel user. However, one day in the shower i came across the soap, looking brand new. i rubbed it on my scrub brush and washed. the smell suddenly seemed nicer. My skin felt so clean and soft. When this soap runs out, ill definately try papaya or s/t. If ur lookin for a mild, gentle, simple soap, this is for you.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/20/2004 2:02:00 PM More reviews by Skadi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought these because they smelled so nice in the store but I was disappointed when I got them in the shower. The smell vanishes after a few uses, and even when the scent is there it isn't very strong. Maybe some people like that about the soap but I prefer something more strongly scented. Anything other than that unscented glycerine smell would be better! These soaps don't lather at all for me, I thought it could be because I have hard water in my apartment building but other soaps lather fine so it must be these soaps. I keep forgetting how much I don't like TBS soaps but every once in a while I give them another chance and buy them, never again though!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2004 2:07:00 PM More reviews by biyaaa

Loved the strawberry soap! But a soap dissolves too quickly sitting in the shower so I wount buy it again. I hope to find a body wash in strawberry flavor. Recommendations anyone?

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2004 1:31:00 AM More reviews by rhealuz

I use the Papaya glycerine soap. The scent is heavenly. The problem is that it doesn't lather very well, so I have to use the TBS gloves scrub to make a lather. It also dissolves into goop quickly so I make sure I keep the soap in a dry area. Nonetheless, I still love this soap. It doesn't dry out my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2004 9:10:00 PM More reviews by emem

The Body Shop's Pink Grapefruit soap is one of my favorite bar soaps - it's veggie glycerine-based, lightly scented, and very mild. It's clean and doesn't leave a residue. It's a great soap to use on a daily basis. I have sensitive skin and I find other bar soaps irritate my skin. *** However, I only like the Pink Grapefruit soap! *** I've tried many of the other Body Shop scented-soaps and I've not liked them one bit - I end up using them as hand soap because I find that they're too heavily perfumed.