Wet 'n' Wild Eyeliner

Price: $

Price: $

on 4/10/2015 2:16:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

C'mon, you know you own at least one of these! You can get them from Walgreens for 99 cents each; heck, I bought three for 2 dollars on sale today! They've got enough colors in matte and glimmer to satisfy any color junkie and if you lose it, who cares? Buy another. These are not for a winged tip or HD color. They are for the smokey, smudged look - no precision line here. I have my arsenal of gel liners and marker liners for that. However, if you want an everyday nice pop of color, DON'T buy a pencil eyeliner for more than this - you are wasting your money unless you got one for free in your Estee Lauder gift set. Oh, they last most of the day when the weather is pleasant, but tend to melt on hot days, but what pencil liner doesn't? The lipsticks aren't bad either, but that is for another review!

on 2/10/2015 11:29:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

A year ago I would have rated these a 1 or 2. I gave it a chance again on repurchasing just to see if it's true about batch differences. It is. My new Charcoal applies smoothly and barely smudges (i mean zero except in wline)-- perfect for the top lid especially. My old one didn't. I have tried the brown and taupe one recommended for brows and found they performed poorly.

on 6/20/2014 5:11:00 PM

I really like these! I'm big on colored eyeliner, so I have eleven of them in all of the shades available at Rite-Aid. They are very pigmented and stay on the lash line fairly easily. They sharpen well and last forever- I still have the very first one I bought a year ago, the dark brown that I use ~3 days a week. They aren't very shimmery or anything, but they are colorful!

The only thing is that the quality is very INCONSISTENT. Someof the pencils are great- they sharpen easily, make a definite line, are very pigmented, etc etc. Every once in a while I'll get a horrible one where the tip breaks off, it won't sharpen, wears off the crease (I do a lot of winged eyeliner). I've had to buy three dark blue ones, two blacks, two olives, etc. So if you do buy one and it breaks off a lot, consider buying a second, because there's a chance it'll be sufficient.

Overall, it's great if you're like me and want eleven decent eyeliners without paying four hundred dollars. But you will end up paying twenty because some of them just suck.

on 1/10/2014 11:01:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I picked two of these up from Rite Aid for 99 cents, which I believe is the normal price. They are very long eyeliner pencils that must be sharpened. I like that the color lasts a long time and doesn't completely wear off of the waterline - something I had yet to experience before these. I like my 652 Dark Brown better than my 656A White because unfortunately these are very hard pencils, and the only place I will put white eyeliner is on my lower waterline and it is irritating to swipe it back and forth to get the color (and it's still not as vibrant as I would like). The Dark Brown is more useful for me not only because I can put it on my upper lashline and waterline but also because it just has better pigmentation.
Both have a certain smell that I associate with my "play" makeup from my childhood, but it's not bad, and it doesn't linger. It's kind of a crayon scent.
I may purchase a brown, black, or other dark color, but I won't be getting another white or other light color. The hunt for an inexpensive plain white eyeliner to put on my lower waterline continues!

on 10/30/2013 4:28:00 PM

I keep giving these a chance and have even tried different colors, but no more! They don't sharpen well, and hurt to apply. The pencil lids go on too far and smash the sharpened point (if you can get one to sharpen well enough) or they crack. The amount of product you get for the price was so tempting, but I'm through with these.

I very recently purchased Wet N Wild's white Coloricon 656A
The first thing I noticed was, you get a lot of product for 99 cents, it's at least 7 inches long.
The second thing was, the smell. It smells like colored pencil, or old crayon, that bugged me.
It refused to go on smooth, and smudged and/or flaked throughout the day.
But only on the upper lid,
When I applied it to my waterline, it didn't irritate or flake.
So that part is a little strange...
Since this is the first time I've purchased a Wet N wild product,
I'm willing to give it a second chance.

on 3/26/2012 2:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

My favorite pencil eyeliner! I wear it every day. It is not very sharp so it works well with creating a smoky eye. There are products out there that are better for creating sharper/more defined lines but I LOVE the green and purple colors- they make my chocolate brown eyes look very hazel, something that I just cannot accomplish with any other eyeliner! Plus they are so cheap compared to other eyeliners and last all day under most circumstances.

on 7/18/2011 10:33:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

I love wet and wild products and decided to try their liquid liner in black. Unfortunately - i got what i paid for.
It is very liquid-y so it transfers onto my eye lids. It flakes every time I curl my lashes - even after letting it dry completely. A little bit of moisture and this liner smudges like no tomorrow. I have smudges and flakes under my eye area and on my cheeks - I know it is not water resistant but I want my liner to stay till end of my work day.

The good stuff about this liner is that it is cheap and I find it easy to wing my liner with this brush. I like the brush applicator.
Overall, I will not repurchase this liner - it does not compare to other drugstore liners like Revlon colorstay ink pot.

I bought a couple just because they're cheap. Big mistake. It's hard to use -- I find it hard to get fine lines. Plus, it smudges so easily. And so much! If I don't check on it, I turn up looking like I didn't get to sleep all night.

Although, don't get me wrong, it may not be for me but my friend uses it and she's pretty satisfied with it. Maybe it's just learning how to work around its disadvantages.

on 7/4/2010 4:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

Wet 'n Wild has dissapointed me with this eyeliner. I was looking for a purple eyeliner and was over the moon to find this lovely purple eyeliner and also cheap. Unfortunatly I got what I paid for. The colour pay-off is amazing but it is IMPOSSIBLE to get a line on your lid with out it getting smudged or clumpy. I don't own any other colour so I can't compair but I don't like this eyeliner at all

I would not repurchase this colour or any other colour again