November 29, 2014 | 989 users online

Eye Shadow - Napoleon Perdis - Sparkle Dust

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2011 6:32:00 AM More reviews by candybunny88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

i got two pots of these (in neutral colours of course, coz im boring like that) when they had them on sale at farmers. i got 30% off retail so its not bad otherwise i never would have purchased this coz despite the fact that you do get 4.5g, its still pretty expensive for an eyeshadow. i found a way to counteract the messy application by pressing them into panned eyeshadows. now traditional alcohol method is nt going 2 work due to the fact that the shadows are so finely milled but a pressing medium solves it all. the colours are way beautiful and pigmented and long lasting and i wish they were cheaper. as for repurchasing, i would if i could get them cheap again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2010 4:16:00 PM More reviews by broomstickwaladania

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have these in emerald green and light blue and they are absolutely beautiful, especially the green one. It is the only eyeshadow I consistently get compliments on. They are very pigmented and intense and have a beautiful, fine shimmer that brightens up the eyes.
My only issues are that they don't come in sifter jars (as is often the case anyway) which is inconvenient for sieve-fingered people like me and that they're not available in Europe.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2010 7:19:00 PM More reviews by Lonz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

A wee bit messy to apply, but so totally worth it! Beautiful colours in jewel-tones. I always get compliments whenever I wear one of these. The packaging is difficult to manage, but I can't really think how to improve it. Its the nature of the beast I guess! Really like the NP dust - the glitter in many of my beloved MAC Pigments are not quite as fine.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2009 12:32:00 AM More reviews by sardav

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Colour: Beautiful jewel like shades in all colours, very vibrant but can be toned down for every day use.
Pricing: Excellent and you get a lot of product
Uses: Eyes, lips and cheeks for highlighting
Apart from the champagne and plum, I use the sparkle dust when I am going out somewhere special. I would highly recommend using these dust products as they are very good quality. Used in conjunction with the cake sealer you will have eye make up that stays on, photographs well and looks amazing. A little goes a long way, dab your brush in the dust and then tap into the lid, I have had a few accidents by loading the brush and then finding that the colour is too strong and you can't tone it down, so work up to the look is my suggestion. The look is quite shimmery but very fine shimmers so they highlight but still give you a soft appearance. Champagne is probably my most used colour as it works on eyes, highlighting cheekbones and lips.I love these products and my only issue would be that I wish they had more colours to choose from like MAC. Very good product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2009 12:44:00 AM More reviews by starrysim

Wow, I guess these have been around for a while. I have two of them, in lilac mist 26 and silver 34 - the ones I have are labelled Loose Dust, but it's the same thing. They're excellent quality, super fine, easy to apply without any fallout, and last the entire day (I use them over Lumene's primer, not sure how they perform without a primer). I have to dock one lippie though because I don't think they're worth the price, no matter how excellent they are. I'm also not crazy about the packaging, you have to be so careful not to spill. They're definitely not for rushed mornings.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2006 1:57:00 PM More reviews by fabmac1

Unfortunately in this business i think everyone copies everyone jojoba > < it's sad but true...sigh...

I have this in the torquoise.. it's bright blue that flashes green and blue! Gorgeous peacocky blue colour! These are similar to MAC pigments and are the same in price BUT u get 1/2 as much with Napoleon booo. It's not that bad cuz I have yet to even come close to finishing 1/8 of a MAC jar hahaha. Napoleon loose sparkle dust are finer and better quality than most of MAC's pigemnts. Except for a slight few MAC pigments can be kinda "chunky" in texture, napoleon is more finely milled. Overall good product and great selection of colours!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2005 11:02:00 AM More reviews by nutsaboutmakeup

Simply love these loose sparkly dust! Very pigmented that i use as my base shade & somehow doesnt go all over the place when i apply & much finer & cheaper than Mac pigments. Slowly on my way to collecting them...

Only thing i dislike is the packaging. its in a screw top jar & they fill the jar right up to the top with the coloured dusts that when you open them, you are sure to spill some!

Costs AUD $24 for 4.5g / Stila AOS 1g for AUD $36 / Benefit Showoffs! 1g for AUD $26 continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/28/2004 6:53:00 AM More reviews by Babydollygirl

I love napoleon sparkle dust range. I love them all. The colors are fantastic, and it last all day, and it is very shimmery. I love it! Im going to collect them all!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 8/24/2004 6:12:00 AM More reviews by MissMauve

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Napoleon products give me nothing but allergic reaction. Shame, since this brand has great colors with reasonable price.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/8/2003 7:07:00 AM More reviews by kitterfly

The colours are pretty funky, you can dab/roll them on for a really powerful colour, or smudge them in for a day time look. I love the gold's the best :)