December 19, 2014 | 1871 users online

Powders - Johnson & Johnson - Baby Powder

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2014 7:10:00 PM More reviews by mariahd

Love Johnson & Johnsons Baby Powder, as a broke student, I have to "make do" with what I got, I use it for everything.

What I use it for:
- Dry Shampoo
- Deodorant (Only for when Im doing things around the house, or if i'm not doing something mildly aggressive that would cause me to sweat a lot.)
- Put it in my shoes to help with the funky smell or if water gets in it helps dry it
- Pressing powder after I put my foundation
- My sheets
- My carpet, and then I vacuum it out.

Overall a cheap product with many uses.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2014 3:21:00 AM More reviews by timtamz07

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this, i use it often on days I have oily roots between the 2-3 days i don't wash my hair. I also use it as powder over my face after applying sunscreen to make that oily/shiny suncreen look go away and even after foundation (sometimes). Good price and the packaging as well. Everyone should have this for it can last very long and cheap. It's not worthless.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2014 7:28:00 PM More reviews by valmont32677

I use various scents of J&J Baby Powder (right now am on a Magnolia scented kick!), but this has so many uses. I use this on my face whenever I don't wear makeup to control the oil/greasiness/shine, under foundation as a base, as a setting powder, & feminine hygiene are my main uses. My face is never bare; it always has baby powder on it. I cannot be without my baby powder! It's cheap & smells great, my skin isn't super dark so it doesn't leave any whitish cast on my face, but this is a lifesaver after I've taken off all my makeup & cleansed my face, done astringent, & oil free moisturizer & I need something to soak up the oil that will soon form shine & grease & lead to breakouts or at the very least an unattractive greasiness. I do all my skin care, spot treat any blemishes, then I have a small tray (from the kitchen used for dipping sauces lol) that I shake a small amount of baby powder into the tray & sweep it all over my face & neck & it keeps the oil at bay. It's the best oil controller & paired w blot papers I am no longer an oil slick. There are other uses for baby powder too, but I got the idea since I read somewhere that BareMinerals Mineral Veil was basically a expensive version of glorified baby powder. I only like to use cornstarch baby powder if I can help it because of it being organic plant matter, it's eliminated by the body more easily than a mineral like talcum. Baby powder is def my HG product because I have such oily skin. I wouldn't really need it if I had dry skin, but my only regret is not trying it out sooner! J&J and an elf kabuki are my secret anti shine weapons! Ppl laugh when I say I use baby powder on my face, they don't take it seriously, but I know it's been keeping my face from breaking out, even w the humid hot summer we have been having. It basically sops up & absorbs excess oil. Thank goodness for baby powder!! Now you're in the know too ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2014 8:50:00 PM More reviews by itisanniebelle

I can't believe my first review is for baby powder but I seriously love this stuff to death. I use it as a finishing powder and it works like a charm. Sometimes I'll use it as dry shampoo. I read a few reviews on here saying they used it as a deodorant. Maybe I'll try that too. It's so inexpensive and it works so well, I can't imagine using anything else.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/7/2014 8:20:00 PM More reviews by bonnyanne

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've never used this powder on my children, as it's intended, but I've always used it in my sneakers to keep moisture and odor away. I also sprinkle it into my socks before putting them on and it feels lovely! I use this all the time and will continue to buy it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2014 6:06:00 PM More reviews by troo12

I love using this on my eyelashes. Curl, then one coat of mascara (make sure to apply mascara on the top and bottom of lashes), and then quickly put baby powder on them. I use an eyeshadow brush and tap it on the top of my lashes, and I advise having something to catch the excess that falls off your lashes! I usually use a kleenex or if you already use it as a setting powder, it may not matter if any gets on your face! Anywho... then wait for it to dry about a minute and apply another coat of mascara! Ta Da! Voluminous lashes!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2014 9:02:00 PM More reviews by artsaves

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this stuff! For the longest time I have been using baby powder under my arms to keep from sweating. I decided to use a bit on my face to test it out. I'm not acne prone, but I do get oily on my nose, so I figured this would help out. It does! It works so much better than any powder I've tried out. Not only does it keep the oiliness at bay, it also gives my skin a matte, smooth look that lasts for hours. I only use a tiny amount, a little goes a long way. Another awesome use for this is if you skip a day or two washing your hair, this trumps any dry shampoos out there, and it's much cheaper! Again, only a small amount is needed. I just work it into my hair and boom, looks fresh and clean. This is so cheap and so diverse in its uses! It's super cheap which just makes it that much better.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2014 3:03:00 PM More reviews by collarbonequeen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

This is a brilliant product!
I've been researching different powders I could buy to control my oil from MAC and other expensive brands, then before I bought it I decided to use some baby powder that had been lying around in the cupboard.

APPLICATION:
Sprinkle a little on the back of your hand, and dab your powder brush in it, apply on face!

I did a lil extra on and around my eye area because that's where I get most oil! It worked wonders!

PROS:
-Long lasting (about 9 good hours! And my skin is oily!)
-Cheap!

CONS:
-Can be messy if you're arent careful!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2013 4:10:00 PM More reviews by Roxas1234530

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

PRAISE THE LORD!!!!! I have seriously bad oily skin on my nose and forehead... it's so oily only in those two places that just two hours after I apply my makeup and I blot, my whole oil blotting sheet will be clear. Everywhere else on my face is normal though. If you have skin like mine or oily skin, keep reading! Before I apply primer, I apply milk of magnesia on my nose since that is the oiliest part, then apply primer, and the dust talc baby powder on my nose and forehead. I wait five minutes then apply my foundation, (but for my nose, I use a really mattifying foundation, such as revlon colorstay whipped) then I apply the baby powder as a setting powder on my nose and forehead. YOU NEED TO USE A POWDER PUFF IN YOUR OILIER AREAS, if you press and roll then dust off the excess with a powder brush, your makeup will stay shine free longer and look smoother. Press and roll ladies.:) Then apply the rest of your makeup and spray de slick all over. I am telling you, you will love the results.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2013 12:31:00 AM More reviews by MakeUpMommaxO

This is my holy grail for setting my makeup! It keeps me matte all day & it goes not feel heavy on the skin at all! LOVE LOVE LOVE!