April 17, 2014 | 1814 users online

Powders - Johnson & Johnson - Baby Powder

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2014 9:02:00 PM More reviews by artsaves

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this stuff! For the longest time I have been using baby powder under my arms to keep from sweating. I decided to use a bit on my face to test it out. I'm not acne prone, but I do get oily on my nose, so I figured this would help out. It does! It works so much better than any powder I've tried out. Not only does it keep the oiliness at bay, it also gives my skin a matte, smooth look that lasts for hours. I only use a tiny amount, a little goes a long way. Another awesome use for this is if you skip a day or two washing your hair, this trumps any dry shampoos out there, and it's much cheaper! Again, only a small amount is needed. I just work it into my hair and boom, looks fresh and clean. This is so cheap and so diverse in its uses! It's super cheap which just makes it that much better.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2014 3:03:00 PM More reviews by collarbonequeen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

This is a brilliant product!
I've been researching different powders I could buy to control my oil from MAC and other expensive brands, then before I bought it I decided to use some baby powder that had been lying around in the cupboard.

APPLICATION:
Sprinkle a little on the back of your hand, and dab your powder brush in it, apply on face!

I did a lil extra on and around my eye area because that's where I get most oil! It worked wonders!

PROS:
-Long lasting (about 9 good hours! And my skin is oily!)
-Cheap!

CONS:
-Can be messy if you're arent careful!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2013 4:10:00 PM More reviews by Roxas1234530

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

PRAISE THE LORD!!!!! I have seriously bad oily skin on my nose and forehead... it's so oily only in those two places that just two hours after I apply my makeup and I blot, my whole oil blotting sheet will be clear. Everywhere else on my face is normal though. If you have skin like mine or oily skin, keep reading! Before I apply primer, I apply milk of magnesia on my nose since that is the oiliest part, then apply primer, and the dust talc baby powder on my nose and forehead. I wait five minutes then apply my foundation, (but for my nose, I use a really mattifying foundation, such as revlon colorstay whipped) then I apply the baby powder as a setting powder on my nose and forehead. YOU NEED TO USE A POWDER PUFF IN YOUR OILIER AREAS, if you press and roll then dust off the excess with a powder brush, your makeup will stay shine free longer and look smoother. Press and roll ladies.:) Then apply the rest of your makeup and spray de slick all over. I am telling you, you will love the results.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2013 12:31:00 AM More reviews by MakeUpMommaxO

This is my holy grail for setting my makeup! It keeps me matte all day & it goes not feel heavy on the skin at all! LOVE LOVE LOVE!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/28/2013 12:11:00 AM More reviews by sylvir

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Best dry shampoo I've ever used. And it's only ~$2 for a 4 oz. container!

Even Lush's No Drought fails in comparison. I used to have to sprinkle a generous amount of the No Drought just to notice a tiny reduction in how greasy my hair looked. Plus it left my hair with a gray cast. For some, the No Drought works, but for my thick hair that becomes oily just a couple hours after a wash, it just doesn't.

Now I just sprinkle a thin layer of the baby powder, tousle my hair a bit, and immediately notice a difference. I continue adding until I get the desired grease-free effect, and voila. Of course it doesn't look anything like freshly shampoo'd hair, but gosh darn it gets SO close. Plus, no gray cast/residue of any kind.

And with all the tousling done to the hair, it ends up looking super voluminous as well as clean.

Absolutely recommend this. Don't spend $10+ on dry shampoo again. In this economy, who doesn't want to save some money without sacrificing beauty? :)!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2013 9:47:00 AM More reviews by renee1234

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Great to sprinkle in your panties, too.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2013 9:29:00 AM More reviews by JRom

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

My mother has always used baby powder on her face for shine control and I was a typical teen who thought that my mother didn't know anything and tried a wide variety of face powders for my oil skin back then. Finally one day I was fed up and decided to try baby powder and have never stopped using it since.
I'm Latina so my skin is fairly tanned and had a bit of a fear this would lighten my skin, but that was not the case. It is the PERFECT translucent powder and controls my oily skin as well if not better than many high end powder brands-- for a fraction of the price! I carry this everywhere with me in an old body glitter twist brush/container duo thing (obviously I got rid of the glitter first. It's like one of those mineral powder containers with with the brush attached at the end. IT's the greatest transportation for my baby powder to wherever I go.

Also, another bonus is that it triples as a dry shampoo and zit zapper. Dab a good amount of baby powder before you go to sleep on your zits and it dries them up the next morning!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2013 8:47:00 PM More reviews by Princesa7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Besides for using this on my kids when they were little,I have used this as a dry shampoo and it works like a charm!!!

I love the scent too!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2013 8:13:00 PM More reviews by janet1028

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Most MUAers don't know who Way Bandy was but Google him and you will find that he was THE go-to make-up artist of the 60's and 70's and early 80's until we lost him to AIDS. He was one of the - if not THE first - to promote using oils to cleanse your face, using natural products whenever possible (there were no truly organic color cosmetics back then that were widely available) and he used baby powder as a setting powder. I came across his two books from the 70's where he offers up a number of fantastic make-up designs that stand the test of time. I went along with the color and formula options (with fantastic results BTW) but hesitated when it came to using the baby powder as a setting powder. Then I thought, "Why not? He's right about everything else!"

It's FANTASTIC! I've used dozens of powders over the years including professional HD powders and this gives me the results I want! No oiliness, soft skin, lasting color.

Try it! I swear you'll get hooked. Then find Way's books on Amazon.

You're welcome!