Rimmel Exaggerate Maximum Lipstick

Price: $

Price: $

on 4/13/2005 2:12:00 AM

I found these lipsticks at Big Lots for a buck or two, and couldn't resist trying them at that price. I started with three colors: Volatile, a neutral mocha brown, Crave, a warm brown that leans toward orangey-red, and a dark red shade that I ended up pitching before I discovered MUA. Cons: these do have tht lipsticky smell, but that doesn't bother me. It's not perfume. Their lasting power is average. Definitely need to be reapplied after eating, as not a trace will remain. Pros: Very nice, flattering colors. They have just a bit of shine, and a moist texture, not at all drying. They are quite pigmented and give bold color with one average "swipe," but can be applied more lightly if desired. Also, I love the tubes! The top kind of snaps on, rather than sliding on. You know that feeling you get when you're putting the cap on your lipstick and don't know if the resistance you feel is just the cap fitting snugly or the feeling of your lipstick being crushed? These tubes eliminate that horrifying feeling. Overall, these are above average for lipstick and I enjoy using them.

on 11/23/2004 12:30:00 PM

I bought this in "virtuous 502". It is a pretty milky pink. Very light in color and perfect for nude look. However if the shade was right I did not like the taste of this lipstick. It is horrendous "lipstickey taste" that feels unconfortable in my mouth. Also I dont think this had as good texture as the rich moisture and sheer temptation lipsticks. These are more slippery than the Rich Moisture lipsticks and also taste worse. The feel of the lipstick on my lips after application could be lighter. Will not repurchase. By the way I love the way Rimmel lipstick tubes look and how the top "snaps" on.

I've gone through MANY lipsticks and this one is by far my favourite. I have it in "509 Freedom". It's just the perfect colour: not too dark, not too brown, not too orangey and not too pink. It's a nice mocha-y colour that has just the right amount of pink to it. It's also very creamy and doesn't dry out my perma-flakey lips. Do your lips a favour and buy this!

on 1/20/2003 10:15:00 PM

Another great buy from Rimmel. Love this line! This one is more matte than the Sheer Temptation. Bought it in 'Freedom', which is a very subtle pinky-beige color. I like it, although I probably won't wear it as much as the sheers. (just personal preference...)