October 2, 2014 | 1086 users online

Eye Shadow - L'Oreal - Crystal Infinite Sparkling Creme Shadow

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2006 10:15:00 PM More reviews by kurikumi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

i have 3 tubes of these, white diamond, gold dust and lilac crystal.

the sponge applicator is a bit wierd, when i put it on i see nothing butglitter/shimmer specks all over my eyes. not much color at all. would recommend it to anyone who wants pigment in their eyeshadow. the application also seems a bit greasier than normal eyeshadows.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/16/2005 2:46:00 AM More reviews by nessa0621

I recently received this product in a swap in Lilac Crystal. So far, I think this stuff is really nice. I like the fact that I can layer it on and get a sheer or dramatic look. It doesn't feel heavy on my lids and has some pretty good staying power. The only reason I didn't give this stuff five lippies is because of the packaging...it totally sucks! I had read reviews about how bad the packaging is but didn't quite believe it until I found out for myself. Wow, bad call on L'Oreal's part. The applicator is so flimsy and there is no way to get the product out after you have used it a few times...so here is what I did...

This may sound cheap to some of you but I don't care, I was determined to get this stuff out! I actually took a steak knife and sawed the tube in half, then used the applicator to scoop out the product. You wouldn't believe how much product is actually in the tube, a lot! This may sound weird but I put the eyeshadow in one of my old contact lens cases (I didn't have anything else to put it in) and it filled up both sides of the case. Take a look at a contact lens case one day and you will realize how much you can acutally put in there! Hope this helps anyone that might be having some trouble with this stuff. If you are willing to do this with this eyeshadow, then I definitely recommend buying it :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2005 12:24:00 PM More reviews by fenestra

I came across this the other day at the bottom of my makeupcase. A coworker had given it to me a long time ago (thank goodness for that) because she didn't like the color. I echo the sentiments of everyone here: the container is the absolute pits! Who designed this thing? I wasn't too impressed with the gloppiness of the eyeshadow, but I found I could just use my fingers to smooth it in. It was a bit on the greasy side, too, and became cakey after a very short time. The color (Smokey Topaz) looked far better in the container than on my fair skin, though that's not the product's fault. What is, however, is that I honestly could not even get the last half of the product out of the container! The top of it is so narrow that the applicator can't be positioned to get the eyeshadow from the sides. What an absolute waste! I am so glad I didn't spend the $9 for this rubbish.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/1/2005 1:07:00 PM More reviews by rileycat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I purchased my Crystal Infinite in "Smoky Topaz" which is a sparkling tawny/taupe color. It's a pretty color that makes my blue eyes pop, when I can actually get the shadow on my lids anyway!

The packaging SUCKS. I just don't get it. The applicator is flat and curved funny. It's nearly impossible to get a good coat on the applicator to apply it on your lids. And when you do manage to get it on your lids, the applicator won't blend the shadow properly and it looks weird, hence applying it with your fingers.

I really want to love this product. The creme consistency makes it easy to blend, and the color does seem to stay put throughout the day. But L'Oreal should really rethink the packaging. A better applicator... something! It's not cost effective because you end up not using half the product since it's stuck in the bottle. I would buy this product again, ONLY if the packaging was different. I really think that if consumers could get more product out of the bottle, it could be one of L'Oreal's best sellers. Until then, the review will have to be mediocore at best.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2005 10:55:00 AM More reviews by Blondie1017

Ohh this stuff is really glittery and pretty! I purchased for $1.79 so I figured that it was ok if it sucked! But it didn't .. the color can be worn alone or with others and has pretty darn good staying power! I took off one lippie b/c glitter seems to run into my eyes after extended wear! And it's a little hard to get out of the bottle.. maybe that's because it's starting to dry out?

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2005 9:06:00 AM More reviews by Herrera

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

For $1.99, this product is a superb value. I purchased sandstone. This is one of the very-few creme eyeshadows I've used that actually stays in place. I apply it with the wand, which is just a little unwieldy, and use my fingers to finish.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2005 7:20:00 PM More reviews by madmargeS

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought Champagne and Rose Quartz since they were on sale for $1.99 each. I like both colors, but the applicator is strange, and I haven't figured out the best way to use it yet (I've only used them once). I'll update after a while.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/21/2004 9:17:00 AM More reviews by Lisa71

Save your money. This stuff is not worth the $8.00 I spent. The consistancy is lumpy and the applicator is useless. I applied it with my fingers. The results were just okay. the color was nice though. The color I choose was gold dust. It is a really light gold with specks of shimmer.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/21/2004 2:52:00 PM More reviews by j9sun

I think the trick to this product is how you apply it. If you just swab it on with the spongy applicator, it goes on uneven and gobby. I find that I have to pat it on with my fingertips, and apply more than one layer. Then it looks great, doesn't crease, and wears a long time. I have Gold Dust and use it as a highlighter. Overall I'm satisfied, though I probably wouldn't buy this again.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/5/2004 2:43:00 PM More reviews by 1nefertiti1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this in Lilac Crystal which is a metallic light purple. It's a nice color, but the applicator is a flimsy piece of crap. I can hardly get any of the product on the applicator, so I won't be buying this again.