MAC Cyber

3.9

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I was a bit scared when I first saw this at the Mac counter, I passed it up several times to go with a more sensible lip color. But one day, I bit the bullet, and I picked this up along with the Cyber lipliner. It is a fascinating deep red/purple/black color and it stands out among my other shades. This is your saturday night dressed in all black color. Dark and Radiant, perhaps goth-chic. I recommend, exfoliating and priming your lips before putting on this shade as it amplifies cracks in your lips. It is a bold choice, that is for sure: but a great one!

on 4/25/2015 1:26:00 PM

Cyber is an awesome vampy color whether you use it light with dabbing on with your fingers or heavy. It is a purpley black lipstick that unfortunately goes on patchy and needs a lip liner (I just ordered cyber world by MAC). It looks fabulous with a gloss over it, not so patchy anymore. I have also worn it with a pink over it (it looks like Shiseido's Iron Maiden). It also looks AMAZING worn with Rebel on top, also with Girl About Town, Violetta, and Show Orchid. Using cyber as a base has increased my lipstick selection without spending more money. I have used Heroine lip liner underneath cyber and it looks great too! I would totally buy it again.

on 4/18/2015 5:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

Application for this is very very tricky. It can look uneven, splotchy, and dry. Color is beautiful but the formula isn't the best, sadly.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Cyber is my favorite lipstick. Every time I put it on I get compliments. I would wear this everyday if I could. it smells great, the formula is nice, and I don't find it as drying as other lipsticks.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Huge fan of MAC lipsticks and this one is fab! Love the dark colour, it is very different to anything else I have ever had and I personally love the way it looks. Application is a little trickier than most lipsticks, I found trying to apply it with my lipstick brush (Real Techniques Retractable Lip Brush) wasn't as easy as normal because the lipstick really needs to be applied with a heavy coat to get the right colour so its easiest to just use the lipstick itself rather than a brush. I also always use my MAC Prep + Prime Lip before applying my lipstick for the best results. Some people find 15.50 expensive for a lipstick but personally I think it's a great price for a great lipstick.

Pros:
- great colour
- keeps lips hydrated
- usual great MAC lipstick

Cons:
- tricky application
- it's a "Marmite" lipstick - by this I mean people will either love it or hate it but you well definitely receive comments the first time you wear it! Some people absolutely adored this lipstick where as others hated it and thought it was too "goth".

Overall:
- I personally love this lisptick, it's better than the usual red or pink and it most certainly stands out. Make sure it matches your skin tone before buying it and you have to have the confidence to wear it as not everyone will like it, but each to their own and if you like it, own it!

on 2/2/2015 4:15:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

O K so, the colour of this lipstick is probably the best colour i've bought, until they bought out the smoked purple in matte, which is the reason I wouldn't buy this again: it comes off on EVERYTHING, it does not set. I use setting powders, primers, liners. Everythangggggg haha! I'm gonna keep this short and sweet: over all, I wouldn't recommend this product, being MAC I have high expectations, it is a shame as it's such a gorgeous colour. But ohwell! Can't have your cake and eat it too hey. x

on 12/29/2014 10:46:00 PM

Beautiful vampy lip color, looks great and needs a bold liner...Vino by Mac gives it a redder the tint. super dark and creamy requires touch ups during the night.

on 12/25/2014 4:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Too dark for me , wear it on occasional vampy days.

on 12/7/2014 1:48:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

I use it with MAC NIGHTMOTH lip liner and it has amazing payoff & pigmentation - as most MAC lipsticks do. Give it a shot if you're feeling bold and wan't something that's close to black...but not quite black. :)

on 11/28/2014 4:44:00 AM

I bought this with Mac Nightmoth liner as I wanted something very striking. (I'm very pale with neutral undertones)I was so excited to buy this, as at the time it was the darkest (non-black) colour I could get my hands on. I do find it a bit drying on the lips but proper prep before had using a lip exfoliator and moisturiser (Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream) and you're good to go. In real life it's a blackened purple shade but it photographs much lighter, almost like a dark plum. I would 100% repurchase. I have worn it with everything from just a winged liner to a neutral eye to a dramatic cut crease to a dark smokey. It is bold but with the correct blush I think this can work for everyone.

Popular Lipsticks