December 21, 2014 | 1461 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Cyber

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2014 1:48:00 AM More reviews by KIRAN94

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use it with MAC NIGHTMOTH lip liner and it has amazing payoff & pigmentation - as most MAC lipsticks do. Give it a shot if you're feeling bold and wan't something that's close to black...but not quite black. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/28/2014 4:44:00 AM More reviews by avenged1986

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I bought this with Mac Nightmoth liner as I wanted something very striking. (I'm very pale with neutral undertones)I was so excited to buy this, as at the time it was the darkest (non-black) colour I could get my hands on. I do find it a bit drying on the lips but proper prep before had using a lip exfoliator and moisturiser (Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream) and you're good to go. In real life it's a blackened purple shade but it photographs much lighter, almost like a dark plum. I would 100% repurchase. I have worn it with everything from just a winged liner to a neutral eye to a dramatic cut crease to a dark smokey. It is bold but with the correct blush I think this can work for everyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2014 10:38:00 AM More reviews by Zydrateelixir

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This was my very first mac lipstick and it is my favorite! I had been consistently wearing dark lipstick since I was 12 and I've wanted a blackened purple since I was 14 but the only thing I could find that was the perfect shade wise was wet n wild's vamp it up (I know, I'm getting sidetracked but I have to make this point before I get to the good stuff) Don't get me wrong, I love wet n wild mega last lipsticks but that specific shade was too thick in consistency for me, it felt heavy and uncomfortable on my lips. Cherry bomb and Ravin' raisin happen to be some of my favorite lip colors and they apply with out a problem. I wasn't the only one who had that unfortunate experience with vamp it up, which was a shame because that was the exactly color I wanted. For a while I tried to achieve that color by mixing a purple and a black eyeliner (needless to say, it didn't work very well) Until last year when I walked into my local mac store to repurchase my staple black eyeliner when I saw a girl wearing the shade of lipstick I had been searching for all these years. When I asked her what was on her lips she said it was Mac's cyber. Upon searching the lipstick I realized that its perfect. It's a beautiful blackened purple in a soft satin formula. I was absolutely over the moon with the fact that it was a satin texture. Satin formulas are my favorite from mac. I've heard a lot of people wish that cyber was matte because they say the satin formula is too sheer but in my opinion that quality is one of the things that makes it so perfect because you can sheer it out and have a light wash of purple or you can build up a couple layers and have the full opacity and have that lovely deep blackened purple. A lot of people say that this is a very bold color and only for the daring or a "good mixing color" but I would never mix it with anything, it's absolutely beautiful on its own! Cyber is my everyday lip color. Whether its spring, summer, fall or winter, cyber is always on my lips. Take into consideration that I have a pretty traditional goth style so this is an everyday color for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2014 12:04:00 AM More reviews by AimeeMarieMUA

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really enjoy this color. It is a very dark and daring color, but it goes on very nicely and very evenly. The formula is really nice, and I don't notice a smell at all. It also stays on nicely.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2014 10:35:00 PM More reviews by heyloelitahey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

This is an extremely austere and striking lipstick on pale skin, a kind of blackish-bruised satin plum. I personally love this look, especially with a toned-down eye and flawless foundation. You'd need a lip liner, because Cyber is extremely dark and creamy, and as such it will be obvious if it runs outside your natural lip shape. Overall I love this lipstick, and I think it's a must-have for people with pale skin looking for that daring, couture winter look. 9/10.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2014 8:14:00 AM More reviews by prettypollyperkins

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have no idea what possessed me to buy this colour. I am NC25-35, depending on the season, and I really didn't think it could suit me when I initially tried it at home. If you're familiar with Clinique 'Black Honey', Cyber is like her edgier sister. But I've noticed it looks great once I have a tan. And I love the texture and the vanilla scent. A good lip liner is compulsory to avoid feathering (at my age!) and I often layer it with a violet lip gloss to tone it down a tad which makes it look fabulous and less scary when my skin is on the paler side.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/5/2014 2:48:00 PM More reviews by hottahitilover

Had it but returned it for as much as id actually wear this it was a waste of money so I bought wet n wild vamp it up for 14.00 cheaper and I am satisfied with that.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2014 7:49:00 AM More reviews by Deedianne

Vampy and daring! Cyber can give you a sexy sultry look given you wear the right outfit and don't apply heavy make up. I apply this with a brush so it's not too too dark on my lips. It's not for the faint hearted but I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2014 11:34:00 PM More reviews by amourir

I was a fan of this shade for a while before giving in and purchasing it!

My goodness, I just love love love wearing this shade. It really makes a statement and ties my whole look together sometimes.

I tend to bring it with me if I'm going out to eat or drink and staying out after (for little touch ups here and there).

I really have fallen in love with it more after buying it. It stays on well, looks amazing and feels good. Sometimes I will put a shimmery lip gloss on before applying Cyber to change up the matte look.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2014 4:45:00 PM More reviews by jesshemx

I hmm'ed and haa'ed over Cyber for a long time before biting the bullet and buying it! I tried it on in Mac a couple times and despite friends saying I looked great I was unsure. But eventually I gave in. It's a difficult colour to wear, and I have only worn it once since purchasing it. In order for it to look good, the rest of your make-up has to be immaculate or it can come off as tacky. I wore it on a night out, with dramatic black and silver eyes (with the best lashes ever... Mac 35s) and it looked great!
The only problem I have with this lipstick is that sometimes I feel I can't pull it off! And I'll apply it while getting ready then end up rubbing it off and going with a safer choice! I also tend to re-apply it as often as I can, as I am paranoid about it rubbing off the centre of my lips and looking like i'm wearing nothing but a black liner around my lips! Not my favourite look!