August 20, 2014 | 1862 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Cyber

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2014 10:35:00 PM More reviews by heyloelitahey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

This is an extremely austere and striking lipstick on pale skin, a kind of blackish-bruised satin plum. I personally love this look, especially with a toned-down eye and flawless foundation. You'd need a lip liner, because Cyber is extremely dark and creamy, and as such it will be obvious if it runs outside your natural lip shape. Overall I love this lipstick, and I think it's a must-have for people with pale skin looking for that daring, couture winter look. 9/10.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2014 8:14:00 AM More reviews by prettypollyperkins

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have no idea what possessed me to buy this colour. I am NC25-35, depending on the season, and I really didn't think it could suit me when I initially tried it at home. If you're familiar with Clinique 'Black Honey', Cyber is like her edgier sister. But I've noticed it looks great once I have a tan. And I love the texture and the vanilla scent. A good lip liner is compulsory to avoid feathering (at my age!) and I often layer it with a violet lip gloss to tone it down a tad which makes it look fabulous and less scary when my skin is on the paler side.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/5/2014 2:48:00 PM More reviews by hottahitilover

Had it but returned it for as much as id actually wear this it was a waste of money so I bought wet n wild vamp it up for 14.00 cheaper and I am satisfied with that.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/11/2014 7:49:00 AM More reviews by Deedianne

Vampy and daring! Cyber can give you a sexy sultry look given you wear the right outfit and don't apply heavy make up. I apply this with a brush so it's not too too dark on my lips. It's not for the faint hearted but I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2014 11:34:00 PM More reviews by amourir

I was a fan of this shade for a while before giving in and purchasing it!

My goodness, I just love love love wearing this shade. It really makes a statement and ties my whole look together sometimes.

I tend to bring it with me if I'm going out to eat or drink and staying out after (for little touch ups here and there).

I really have fallen in love with it more after buying it. It stays on well, looks amazing and feels good. Sometimes I will put a shimmery lip gloss on before applying Cyber to change up the matte look.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2014 4:45:00 PM More reviews by jesshemx

I hmm'ed and haa'ed over Cyber for a long time before biting the bullet and buying it! I tried it on in Mac a couple times and despite friends saying I looked great I was unsure. But eventually I gave in. It's a difficult colour to wear, and I have only worn it once since purchasing it. In order for it to look good, the rest of your make-up has to be immaculate or it can come off as tacky. I wore it on a night out, with dramatic black and silver eyes (with the best lashes ever... Mac 35s) and it looked great!
The only problem I have with this lipstick is that sometimes I feel I can't pull it off! And I'll apply it while getting ready then end up rubbing it off and going with a safer choice! I also tend to re-apply it as often as I can, as I am paranoid about it rubbing off the centre of my lips and looking like i'm wearing nothing but a black liner around my lips! Not my favourite look!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2014 9:36:00 PM More reviews by underage

This is my new favorite lipstick. Of course this is not an everyday color but I love it for winter time when I'm wearing all black and want to look super vampy. It is not for those who are afraid of color and it does stick to dry patches so make sure you exfoliate! I match it with MAC Vino lipliner and I think its a great combo. I'm super pale and I can still pull it off. My boyfriend said he really liked his lipstick and that never happens!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2013 9:48:00 AM More reviews by InspiredByBeauty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Stole this from my sister's makeup collection and fell in love. I hate dark shades but I love nudes peaches and pinks but suddenly red plums and dark shades are starting to appeal to me I love this shade I agree with another reviewer it is a vampy shade. its something most people couldnt pull off but if you can you look great doing it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2013 12:16:00 PM More reviews by Menolikepolos

I was looking for a very dramatic fall lipstick to go with my re-entry into pale skin land (nw13 naturally, been tanning for summer from the bottle).

Tried this on at the MAC store, and felt like a little kid playing with Halloween make up. Perhaps the dark purple(black) lipstick looks better on NC tones. It just looked silly on me, not even editorial. Just like I was trying to be goth or had eaten the wrong kind of grape medicine.

I definitely prefer darker red-brown tones, such as those found in Film Noir. That looks much more "realistic dramatic" on me and I would reccommend people try both to see if maybe Film Noir is more of what you are looking for.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 8/26/2013 9:14:00 PM More reviews by mrsuhmazing

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I absolutely love this color, especially for my pale skin. It's dark without being too over the top. My biggest complaint is that it is a huge pain to get to apply evenly and non patchy. This is definitely not a lipstick you just throw on. You need to exfoliate, moisturize, prime, and use a lip liner. Once you get it on nicely, it's beautiful and perfect for fall. But it is something I find myself reaching for less and less due to the fact it's such a pain.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No